Author Topic: The corrupt Truth of Elan  (Read 6036 times)

Offline demon life star

• View Profile
The corrupt Truth of Elan
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2004, 11:24:00 AM »
my name is lisa shapiro...i grad from clares house in jan, so i prolly know ur son. my aim screenname is kerplunkpunk1311 i would love to tt u sometime. :smile:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2004, 01:42:00 PM »
I was court ordered there but in court the judge never told me that i had to finish the program. So the day i turned 18 i brought up to sign out only to be told by staff that a request like that couldn't be answered right away and it would take some time. So i asked staff the next day or so about it and they told me since i was court ordered the answer was no. They also told me that they had spoken to my parents and they had said that even if i were to sign out that i couldn't go home. I then told staff that not going home was fine i just wanted out and either they gave me the papers to sign out or i would walk out. Staff said that i was court ordered i would be tackled if i touched the door. Two days later i get a fax from staff from a judge saying i had to graduate and there was no way around it. ::deal::  Few months later my Father calls Elan one morning and tells them he wants me home by the evening. I was on a plane and home by 3pm.

Now why couldn't i sign out at 18, but can have my parents pull me out with out a problem?
Was it for the $$$$, no it couldnt be not ELAN

Offline O.U.2

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2004, 01:44:00 PM »
That was me!!!!!!! :wstupid:
You feeling froggy Motherfucker?\"

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2004, 02:44:00 PM »
art do u ever stop bitching???? u are a fucking bitch!!!!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2004, 11:26:00 PM »
On 2004-08-24 09:12:00, artman11111 wrote:

"CCT

Again you have fallen prey to the manipulation that Elan has perfected...

Reading your posts really sheds alot of light on the same tactics used today that were common from days past"
Hi Art, What is your point? I never said elan was great. I am just grateful they saved my son. He hated being there. He left jobless, not even a worker. Who cares,... not me! What I care about is that he made honors the last two marking terms, he has his diploma and he is pleasant to be with. Why do you want to blow the wind out of my sails? I just don't see your point. Can't you be happy for us and be pleased that NO KIDS are physically abused there any longer? You need to find the good in things. CCT

Offline SyN

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2004, 01:21:00 AM »
abuse,theft,grand larcony,impersonating a police officer/officer of the court,bribery,sexual harrasment/abuse.

Sounds alot like the Elan i know.

Why do you think Elan hasnt sued anyone from this board(or others).They havent a leg to stand on and would be found guilty of many or all these charges.

How many of us would be happy to attend a court hearing if Elan sued any one of us ?????

"
[/quote]

you got it Art.

fuk you bag head. bitching about some one bitching. thats fukn stupid.

cct man, (woooooman) listen.  honors in terms of elan education is a fukn oxy-moron.  homework ONLY on weekends, most classes 25 minutes. some like social studies consisted of watching the news.  anyone could get A's. We were there. like it or not we know more on this subject then you can ever want to. And honestly do you want to?  look at the trolls here. Some are straight up Idiots and or Socialially Inept due to the program that is and was Elan.  Why dont you have your son post his elan memories here?
No offense but your on a different level here. I am not saying go away or quit posting. Just telling you whats up.  I am GLAD that your son is not under their torture any more. I am happy that your hear learning about the program, but as Art said before do some research here in past pages.
Beleive it or not (as I am a bit harsh in my typing) but I am glad to hear your side and to read that your happier now and have a good relationship with your son. So please dont think that I am harping on you, i am just a blunt person, its who i am.

Mike
A word to the wise is infuriating.\"

Offline SyN

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2004, 01:32:00 AM »
Can't you be happy for us and be pleased that NO KIDS are physically abused there any longer? You need to find the good in things. CCT "
[/quote]

CCT you should talk to Art sometime, he could enlighten you to what "his" elan was all about.  If you knew half of what he went through then you would see.  Ask him he will tell you, and probably I think as 2 stuborn ass people go, i think you two would probably be friends
afterwords. or not.....?
Mike

Offline JNAILZ

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2004, 08:05:00 PM »
You need a reality check. Do you just ignore what these people are saying. I think I have a fairly objective view on elan, I graduated from Re-Entry and had "Honors" for grades. Elan is focused on thier form of "therapy", not education. If you pulled your son out and are happy with his grades, you are sadly mistaken. We did watch the news for social studies, and we did have homework only on the weekends. It consisted of maybe 4 math problems and coloring, it was a joke.

I hope you and your son are still on the honeymoon phase. I was for two months, then the real world hit me. Elan did not prepare me for this. I was lucky, I stayed in college and got through. When the reality sets in it will be very difficult for you two, and the fake Elan education will leave him far behind. Because of the horrible education and lack of preperation for the real world, most elan alum struggle at first and many of us still do, regardless of the bullshit posts. Get some help and guidence before there is a hole so big it will be hard to get out of. After I graduated do you know how many follow up calls my family recieved from elan after 22 months and tens of thousands of dollars? Zero. There is help out there, you just have to ask, I offered my email and phone number before, you declined. The offer is still there. I wish you and your family the best of luck. I recieved some luck and ended up scared but doing as well as possible, if you can avoid the problems many of us face by learning and using the tools we never had (other Elan alum available and willing) dont pass it up.

Offline Robert

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2004, 08:18:00 PM »
Lets see a degreed individual with Elan experience offering to help you process. Don't pass this oppertunity up it might be the difference between life and death.

CCT I am happy for you. A bad chapter is behind you both. However I am realsitic cause I was once in the post Elan phase myself.

Even if you do nothing the outcome may be all right. Just depends on how much of a survivor your son is and how strong his will is to abuse substances.

Regards

Robert

Offline JNAILZ

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2004, 10:10:00 PM »
Just in case it make you feel any better one of my degree's is in Psych and I have worked as a residential Coordinator of a group home. The residents were out of control teenagers, but the program was much differnet then Elan's. That work has helped me get a different point of view other than Elan's.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2004, 11:48:00 PM »
Nailz, your allright man.  If i am in in bean town were gonna catch a drink or two.  gotta go to the world trade for a wine expo in january, maybe then?
mike

Offline SyN

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2004, 11:49:00 PM »
sorry peeps thought i was signed in.

Offline JNAILZ

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2004, 10:05:00 PM »
Sure thing, what do you do involving wine?

Offline Cynthia

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2004, 12:15:00 AM »
Hey Mike, will you send me your e-mail again? I can't find it in the old posts and I never wrote it down. I've been very busy. No time to e-mail. After we picked my son up from elan, we headed up to West Forks for some camping, kayaking, and rafting.....Robert, Thank you for your kind words. And for whoever was knocking the education, I never said "elan is great", they do a lot of things that really annoyed me. I am very hopeful that my son will stay on the right track. As for a education, when I speak to my son and read the letters he sent home, I could see he was learning ang growing. He feels beter about himself, and that is what really matters. I'll have him write sometime when it isn't so late.

Offline SyN

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2004, 09:14:00 AM »
West Forks is a great area, thats great you did that with him.!
[email protected]