Author Topic: How to Manipulate your way out of a program  (Read 8459 times)

Offline Eliscu2

• New World Order
    • View Profile
whatever
« Reply #60 on: September 17, 2010, 11:58:27 PM »
:cheers:
« Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 10:14:52 AM by Eliscu2 »
WELCOME TO HELL!

Offline canttellumyname

• View Profile
Re: How to Manipulate your way out of a program
« Reply #61 on: October 18, 2010, 07:44:26 PM »
I agree that there is absolutely no way Max was in a program. Your presence here is insulting to the rest of us who were.   Your language reminds me of the brainwashing crap that program personnel feeds to parents. Brainwashing tactics that keep parents from feeling guilty for ignoring their children's please for help.  Brain washing tactics used to keep parents from pulling their kids out of an abusive situation.  You are either a liar and an impostor or you are crazy. EITHER way, your post is doing a disservice to kids who are or have been institutionally abused.  I hope you dont' have children, Max.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline thomasC

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 19, 2010, 05:03:11 AM »
Yeah,  yeah. I know.  I shouldn't even bother responding to you.

Quote from: "Whooter"
At the programs I am familiar with if you break the rules you will be kicked out so it is fairly easy to get out if you want to.

Breaking the rules, running away, or getting in fights was grounds for being sent to a isolation room with a plank of wood to sleep on and no bathroom.  Being sent there enough times (or doing something really daring) would get you sent to Tranquility Bay.  The enrollment agreement stated kids could be sent to Jamaica at the staff's discretion with 72 hours notice.  If the parents could not be contacted within this time frame they had the authority to send the kid there without explicit permission.

The best course for any kid would be to take advantage of their time in the program, move ahead with their academics . . .

My program had fake accreditation.  The textbooks were tattered, vandalized, and 10 years out of date.  The 'teachers' were there to grade tests.  I could finish an entire 'class' in about 3 days.  I learned nothing and gained nothing.

. . . work with their therapist on personal issues . . .

My 'therapist' accused me of manipulating when I asked if she could help me contact my father - who was unaware I had even been sent to a program - and told everything I said to the program staff.  She was the one who informed me I could be set to Jamaica on a whim(where, in her words "the Jamaican Mamas sit on you".)

. . . and graduate a stronger more focused person.

Yeah.  If dissociation is a life skill.

Offline Samara

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 19, 2010, 09:05:05 AM »
Academics were not secondary or tertiary... Just fraudulent/non-existent/made up.
There were no individual therapist at mine. There was no individualized anything. Hell, I would get more individualized resources at the public school my child attends.
Later, to comply, they hired a psych - who had an assistant implicated in homicides. This doc also was nothing more than a puppet. His job was to keep you drugged up.
I'm not sure why Whooter thinks we should learn and grow in an environment that is based on insularity, isolation,therapeutic fraud and psychological mind fuckery.
Manipulating your way out of the program is a bit hard when you are a minor.  Also, it's hard to manipulate the Masters.
Sure, you could commit crimes to get out,  but that would just compound your label as criminalized youths.  Most of us were not criminals any way; and they held the threat of a CEDU style lock up over our heads.
The only kids I know who were kicked out were kicked out for a plan to commit arson. No one thought it was serious, but staff had to protect their investments. Don't know what happened to the kids, or if staff were even honest about it. But I sure as hell wasn't going to go on a burning rampage to get out of hell.  Mama always taught me "don't play with fire."