Author Topic: Sexual Abuse in Programs  (Read 1025 times)

Offline AuntieEm2

• View Profile
Sexual Abuse in Programs
« on: August 10, 2010, 05:15:29 PM »
In the fall of 2009, the State of Oregon documented that Mount Bachelor Academy was routinely forcing youths to engage in sexual role play, specifically making young women dress in French maid outfits and do lap dances on male students as "therapy" for "promiscuity." Oregon DHS evaluated MBA's program, and determined that it fit the Oregon definition of child abuse--and they ordered the program closed.

MBA used the same program structure, supervision, and staff training as other Aspen facilities, and this is not an isolated incident of sexual abuse of children in programs.

Can you all assist me in developing a list of incidents of sexual abuse in programs? This might include anything from sexual assault, to peeping on students, to forcing students to discuss sexual experiences (especially in group settings).

If this topic raises distressing memories or makes you anxious, please take care of yourself and talk to a friend or skip reading this thread. I do not want to hurt anyone by asking these questions. It worries me that the trolls will try to de-legitimize this issue, and may launch personal attacks. I hope they will conduct themselves with more decency than that.

Auntie Em
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Tough love is a hate group.
"I have sworn...eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." -Thomas Jefferson.