Author Topic: Post your positive program experiences  (Read 23530 times)

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Post your positive program experiences
« Reply #135 on: August 22, 2010, 08:19:53 AM »

This thread needs meme.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 22, 2010, 01:23:11 PM »
Che, Programs are still safer than your typical public school.

Here take a look at a random public school photo:

Columbine High School

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 22, 2010, 01:40:56 PM »
Whooter, you're mistaken. It has been proven time and time again that public schools are far safer than the TBS. I'm not sure why you're still confused on this issue, your own numbers, incomplete as they were helped to prove this fact.

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #138 on: August 22, 2010, 02:14:41 PM »
Quote from: "RobertBruce"
Whooter, you're mistaken. It has been proven time and time again that public schools are far safer than the TBS. I'm not sure why you're still confused on this issue, your own numbers, incomplete as they were helped to prove this fact.

Jesus Christ, is this point even worth the pixels to debate????

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
« Reply #139 on: August 22, 2010, 02:42:16 PM »
I'm not sure why he's still confused on this matter. We've beaten this horse to death, but you know how he likes to rehash things and waste everyone's time.

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 22, 2010, 04:21:32 PM »

Robert you are wrong as usual, there is not even a shred of proof validating your statement. We traveled this road.
Stand and fight, till there is no more.

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 22, 2010, 04:28:34 PM »
Quote from: "Froderik"

Jesus Christ, is this point even worth the pixels to debate????

Frodie,
As I said above, this road has been traveled before.
Please, find me a study that would dispute public schools being safer then TBS's.  :rofl:  :rofl:
Why do you want to even argue this point, unless your uninformed??
I can't believe your serious.

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 22, 2010, 04:56:49 PM »
Quote from: "DannyB II"

Robert you are wrong as usual, there is not even a shred of proof validating your statement. We traveled this road.

We? No Danny, you were not involved. The comparrisions were done again and again, and side by side kids were much more likely to be killed in the TBS than they were in public schools. This didn't even include the amount of physical/sexual/emotional abuse in the TBS, something that goes largely unreported in the TBS, versus public schools were there is much more accountability and oversight. The conversation was held and in the end everyone agreed that Public Schools are in fact fare safer. I'm not sure why you and your buddy Whooter are wanting to rehash it again.

Offline SUCK IT

• View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 22, 2010, 05:01:34 PM »
I got in fights at public school, and a kid once got stabbed in a knife fight. There were fights pretty regularly, eventually they put some undercover cops in the school because of the problem. I never had an issues like that in the program, because it was so much more of a controlled environment. A couple people in my high school committed suicide, and nobody blamed it on the schooling. I think the attempt to tie any suicide of a "survivor" to the program stretches reality to its breaking point. As a group troubled teens in programs are going to have more problems than a normal teenage population in school, thats common sense. Kids abuse other kids, in school and in programs sometimes. I think teachers/school officials and program staff all work as hard as they can to keep it to a minimum.
one day at a time

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 22, 2010, 05:08:59 PM »
Which program did you go to again?

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 22, 2010, 05:53:00 PM »
Quote from: "DannyB II"

We? No Danny, you were not involved. The comparrisions were done again and again, and side by side kids were much more likely to be killed in the TBS than they were in public schools. This didn't even include the amount of physical/sexual/emotional abuse in the TBS, something that goes largely unreported in the TBS, versus public schools were there is much more accountability and oversight. The conversation was held and in the end everyone agreed that Public Schools are in fact fare safer. I'm not sure why you and your buddy Whooter are wanting to rehash it again.

As I said, "We" have already had this discussion supplied all the info and completely substantiated are point. TBS's are by far safer then any public school.
I don't know where some of you folks have been in your life. Maybe you were sheltered, a only child, lived on a island or maybe went to private schools prior to your program. I will say this, none of you sound like you went to public school.
Why are we arguing this, really.

Offline anythinganyone

• View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 23, 2010, 12:46:44 AM »
Quote from: "SUCK IT"
Quote from: "anythinganyone"
I really think you aren't a real person tbh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wxrB41PMhw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWnmCu3U09w
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cw_g8BpdCQw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbZDjnWtK1A

I thought you might like these.  ;)

I can't recall where they used the first song.   I think after coming back from lunch on the first day they'd use that song.

Desparado does invoke that swelling in my eyes and a feeling like I HAD to cry but didn't feel like it, probably on account of trying to make myself cry in order to pass through the seminar when those songs were on.

I never heard True Colors in a seminar, so that song wasn't ruined for me.

Offline Samara

• View Profile
« Reply #147 on: August 23, 2010, 12:46:18 PM »
This thread could be deep sixed. Fornits was never intended to be pro-program. There are other sites for that. It's not about censorship - it's about specificity.  It is gut churning to read the BS promoted by industry trolls with a derailment agenda.  It really makes no sense for Whootie and the Suck Fish to reside at this site.

No one cares if you ate cake once a year, sang "O Happy Day", and liked the special gorp offered on Sundays. Those marginal incidences are are not germane to the reality that programs were holistically, systemically, and systematically twisted and fraudulent.   I will never forget the persistent, pervasive feeling of anxiety that consumed you 24/7 and the constant hope that while today might be a brainwashing day,  perhaps it won't be your "target" day.  TBS's were places that never made sense because every directive and exercise is arbitrary.  People who are chronically demeaned and expected to live a lie over a period of years do not leave whole. I can forgive my own experience. I cannot forgive what has happened to others.

You could argue all the shit you want about public schools, but at least they existed somewhat along society's proven function/dysfunction.

TBS's forced you to live white in a black world or black in a white world and when you got out, you had no coping skills for the real world.  You didn't even have yourself.  

What I especially resent is Suck It's trenchant belief that we all deserved to be psychologically abused and disembodied.  Most kids I knew at the program were not on the road to jail, death, or insanity. That is part of the myth.

I was not a "bad" kid. My ethics often outweighed the polo wearing honor students who looked good on paper but who were faithless to their friends and public values.

If a kid is truly bad, a TBS is a sociopath's haven.  

For sure, there are deeply troubled teens (and adults) out there. Good parenting from the outset is needed. Mentors are needed. Transcendental experiences are needed.  Maybe a good program is needed - like art or music or oceanography. You don't dump them down the rabbit hole with no advocacy or recourses.

Sometimes you ride out the storm and let the consequences be natural.  Sometimes problems have no answers.

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #148 on: August 23, 2010, 01:13:12 PM »
Quote from: "Samara"
This thread could be deep sixed. Fornits was never intended to be pro-program.

I agree this is a anti-program site but we should be able to discuss "all" facets of the industry not just the negative issues.  I dont think it is right to try to invalidate those kids (and their experiences) who benefited from their time in a program.

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #149 on: August 23, 2010, 01:16:15 PM »
Quote from: "Samara"
This thread could be deep sixed. Fornits was never intended to be pro-program. There are other sites for that. It's not about censorship - it's about specificity.  It is gut churning to read the BS promoted by industry trolls with a derailment agenda.  It really makes no sense for Whootie and the Suck Fish to reside at this site.

No one cares if you ate cake once a year, sang "O Happy Day", and liked the special gorp offered on Sundays. Those marginal incidences are are not germane to the reality that programs were holistically, systemically, and systematically twisted and fraudulent.   I will never forget the persistent, pervasive feeling of anxiety that consumed you 24/7 and the constant hope that while today might be a brainwashing day,  perhaps it won't be your "target" day.  TBS's were places that never made sense because every directive and exercise is arbitrary.  People who are chronically demeaned and expected to live a lie over a period of years do not leave whole. I can forgive my own experience. I cannot forgive what has happened to others.

You could argue all the shit you want about public schools, but at least they existed somewhat along society's proven function/dysfunction.

TBS's forced you to live white in a black world or black in a white world and when you got out, you had no coping skills for the real world.  You didn't even have yourself.  

What I especially resent is Suck It's trenchant belief that we all deserved to be psychologically abused and disembodied.  Most kids I knew at the program were not on the road to jail, death, or insanity. That is part of the myth.

I was not a "bad" kid. My ethics often outweighed the polo wearing honor students who looked good on paper but who were faithless to their friends and public values.

If a kid is truly bad, a TBS is a sociopath's haven.  

For sure, there are deeply troubled teens (and adults) out there. Good parenting from the outset is needed. Mentors are needed. Transcendental experiences are needed.  Maybe a good program is needed - like art or music or oceanography. You don't dump them down the rabbit hole with no advocacy or recourses.

Sometimes you ride out the storm and let the consequences be natural.  Sometimes problems have no answers.
Excellent post.