Author Topic: Post your positive program experiences  (Read 23516 times)

Offline SUCK IT

• View Profile
Re: Post your positive program experiences
« Reply #165 on: August 24, 2010, 02:32:23 AM »
Quote from: "Samara"

And as far as Fornits being obligated to be bipartisan - more BS. This forum worked best when it was true haven for survivors and advocacy - unfortunately, this has dimished in the past few years.  Pro program BS'ers can post their reunion raps somewhere else as far as I am concerned. Enjoy the cake.

Yet here you are, bumping this thread you hate to the very top, thus generating further conversation related to its topic about positive experiences. There are literally thousands of other threads on this forum, if you dislike this topic and opinions contrary to the group think here then you might want to try posting in them. You could even start your own thread about negative experiences, and ignore me and my threads completely. This goes for all posters who dislike my opinions, feel free to ignore me. I won't mind at all.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
one day at a time

Offline Samara

• View Profile
« Reply #166 on: August 24, 2010, 11:00:03 AM »
I don't need to start a thread about negative experiences. This whole site is about negative experiences. Fornits was never intended to be a site for pro program shills and kool aid drinkers. Especially ones whose specific goal is to "deny and distract."  Your kool aid drinking does not bother me as much as Whooter's cyclic pattern of bait and switch.  I just feel that there should be some sites that are a safe haven for those who need it. The fact that Whootie has taken up virtual residence here is not indicative of "fair and balanced" - I wish it were, but it's not. It's tactical and lacks any component of human empathy.  He has also been caught red handed in various deceptions and perversely, carries on. He gets a sick kick out of it.  So, no, I do not believe he should ahve access here.

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #167 on: August 24, 2010, 11:43:34 AM »
I don't need to start a thread about negative experiences. This whole site is about negative experiences. Fornits was never intended to be a site for pro program shills and kool aid drinkers. Especially ones whose specific goal is to "deny and distract."  Your kool aid drinking does not bother me as much as Whooter's cyclic pattern of bait and switch.  I just feel that there should be some sites that are a safe haven for those who need it. The fact that Whootie has taken up virtual residence here is not indicative of "fair and balanced" - I wish it were, but it's not. It's tactical and lacks any component of human empathy.  He has also been caught red handed in various deceptions and perversely, carries on. He gets a sick kick out of it.  So, no, I do not believe he should ahve access here.

I would argue that fornits is not intended for only negative experiences.  It should be open to all experiences not just those that you choose, Samara.  I would vote for people who are closed minded like yourself who get a kick out of trying to discredit other people and have no intention of learning anything new to have access to fornits anyway.  I think this because even people like yourself who want to suppress other peoples freedoms and have zero feelings towards those kids who did well in programs and try to label them as brainwashed or liars should have the right to express their opinion.

So I vote to continue to allow Samara to post here despite her biases and closed mindedness.

Offline SUCK IT

• View Profile
« Reply #168 on: August 24, 2010, 12:42:31 PM »
 I just feel that there should be some sites that are a safe haven for those who need it.

This topic has come up before on fornits, and people have tried doing what you say should happen. They made forums and websites that were highly controlled and for "survivors" harboring anti treatment sentiments. They have all since failed. Struggling people, Anti-WWASP, all the various moderated forums here on fornits that get no posts, not to mention the much hyped and promoted "program website division" forum on the bottom of the stack here at fornits that was supposed to shut down programs once and for all. For some reason when you take away free speech, and try to make a "safe haven" of similar thoughts, the discussions whimper out over time and eventually there is nothing but silence. The only reason fornits is a successful forum and every other forum related to the TTI has failed, is because fornits is an open discussion, and all the others sought to control it in some way.

If kids are being abused in programs as much as people here claim, it should be fairly easy to counter any argument made by Whooter, to parents coming here for advice (if there are parents that naive and ignorant enough to come here any more). There are half a dozen "survivors" here who all have stories about abuse, I would imagine? Whooter is but one poster. If Whooter's arguments and opinions cause so much trouble for the group here, you might want to take a look at how effective your own strategies are at convincing people of your views. It would appear, based on how mad people are at Whooter for posting here, that his strategy is a lot more effective than the haters.
one day at a time

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
live by the troll, die by the troll
« Reply #169 on: August 24, 2010, 02:51:29 PM »
SUCK IT, if you weren't such an obvious troll, I think less people would give you shit.

If a person really wants to post about their "positive program experiences" they should be allowed to do so on this board.

Freedom of speech, simple as that.

And...sometimes it takes a while for people to "come around."

Offline SUCK IT

• View Profile
« Reply #170 on: August 24, 2010, 03:30:52 PM »
When I was in fourth grade, we would all sit cross legged or "indian style" was the non politically correct term we used back then. Our teacher would read to us and then ask us questions during the story. She had a box of gold fish crackers, and if you answered a question you would get a few goldfish. They tasted really good, and it solidified my love of goldfish crackers for life. If this story took place in a program, people would theorize about how evil this action is, but since it happened in public school its just a normal every day occurrence.
one day at a time

Offline Samara

• View Profile
« Reply #171 on: August 24, 2010, 04:53:59 PM »
People aren't whining about gold fish, Suck Fish.  This is why I detest your contributions to the forum.  You take legitimate trauma and turn it into a gold fish eating scenario.

Offline SUCK IT

• View Profile
« Reply #172 on: August 24, 2010, 05:14:21 PM »
People aren't whining about gold fish, Suck Fish.  This is why I detest your contributions to the forum.  You take legitimate trauma and turn it into a gold fish eating scenario.

You're right, they're whining about snickers bars and cake. Feel free to ignore this thread, and all my posts, it won't bother me at all.
one day at a time

Offline Samara

• View Profile
« Reply #173 on: August 24, 2010, 05:53:47 PM »
No one gives a shit about cake, ok? I don't know a single in the program saved by Cake.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2010, 05:57:42 PM by Samara »

Offline anythinganyone

• View Profile
« Reply #174 on: August 24, 2010, 05:56:10 PM »
Wrong.  Not many are tooting that being given Snickers™ and cake was abusive; more of them seem to be stating it's irrelevant and doesn't disprove (is that a double negative?) that there were abusive happenings.

Offline SUCK IT

• View Profile
« Reply #175 on: August 24, 2010, 05:59:52 PM »
Quote from: "anythinganyone"
Wrong.  Not many are tooting that being given Snickers™ and cake was abusive; more of them seem to be stating it's irrelevant and doesn't disprove (is that a double negative?) that there were abusive happenings.

Disproving negative experiences was never the intent of this thread. I accept people have negative experiences, there are thousands of threads posted on fornits talking about it. This is one thread, where I choose to post some positive experiences I had while in treatment. Some people posted about how running away from the program was a positive experience, or when they cussed out a staff or whatever. People are free to post whatever they want in this thread. I know abuse happens in programs, but I am also aware of the fact it is a rare occurrence, and those who experienced it are in the minority. Take a look around how many people post on this forum, compared to how many kids go through treatment every year. It's easy to find this forum if you Google abuse and a program, most kids know how to Google and use the internet. Fornits actually inadvertently argues against the broad brush, all programs are abusive, conclusions that the extremists here spout as fact, by the fact so few people post here. Mind blown.
one day at a time

Offline shaggys

• View Profile
« Reply #176 on: August 24, 2010, 06:10:03 PM »
Comparing a grade school kid getting crakers - to a teenager in an abusive program being made to do tricks for a Scooby Snack is hardly the same thing anyway. Completely different context altogether - another false comparison by SUCK IT/Whooter.

Offline SUCK IT

• View Profile
« Reply #177 on: August 24, 2010, 06:18:59 PM »
No tricks required. Every kid got their pick of candy once per week. If you did well you got several pieces, but everyone got at least something.
one day at a time

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
« Reply #178 on: August 24, 2010, 10:51:39 PM »
Wow, DB. This is just an exercise in freaking futility. I'm not saying that some kids don't need help. I'm saying that abusive and demeaning methodology is not the answer. I also would have characterized the program as "positive" even though I SPLIT. Brainwash. I could NOT deal with the fact that all that emotional rape was for nothing.  I can take it now.  And no, I don't buy that a program reliant on fraudulent and unethical practices applied in systemic emotional warfare "saves lives." Even if you say so.

Samara, I guess you like futility because you could have just passed over this post. Samara, stop acting like your the only one who understands what is going on in the TTI. I like yourself do not like programs that through their methods harm children. Maybe if you could stop writing words here that I did not say, it would help this conversation.

As far as Whooter is concerned, I think it's a bit hypocritical that you lambaste my words when I show far, far more restraint than most and CERTAINLY more than you do. The proof is in the pudding. I was silent about Whooter for years, but  after watching the derailment and obfuscations recur in predictible patterns has affected my opinion of him. It's not paranoia or quick judgment. It's not even based on the idea that he differs in opinion.  I am a little shocked that you haven't seen the obvious patterns.  I think that if you were really honest, you might evaluate your own biases. It is a bit odd you exhibit exponential projective capacities.

Oh Whooter, Whooter, Whooter. Samara, you don't like what he has to say, period. Stop making it into something sinister.

You're kind of a moron for thinking I don't travel or expose myself to other walks of lives. I've lived in six states. I've traveled extensively in the US and abroad, including third world countries.  I've worked at homeless shelters. I've taught at public schools. I've taught at runaway shelters.  I actually prefer working with the "disadvantaged" kids.

Well, then start acting like it. I work with disadvantage kids, homeless shelters, drug treatment centers and the Salvation Army on a volunteer bases. This is why I know there are great programs helping kids.

I did not program myself to have a Pavlovian response to anything but people mitigating painful, horrific experiences.

I wonder, don't just reject the idea, Samara.

And don't you dare fucking insinuate that I deserved to be in a program. You have no idea why I was there. I've never even shoplifted. Both my parents would say it was a mistake on their part. But frankly, the program I was in was a warehouse filled with kids from well to do families that were bored by the demands of parenting.  I'm not saying that is true of every program, but it was common in mine.

Well then for someone who never did anything except be a great daughter, who was super responsible, did all her homework, never took drugs and was a all around stable person, what the hell happened. Your parents just woke up one day and said Samara, were taking you to a program because were bored.
I am not saying this callously either, I know this to be true, my parents were not bored just fed up with parenting. I was second to last of 6, when I went to Elan.

In any event, cake can compensate for a lot, but not for sustained program  BS.

And as far as Fornits being obligated to be bipartisan - more BS. This forum worked best when it was true haven for survivors and advocacy - unfortunately, this has dimished in the past few years.  Pro program BS'ers can post their reunion raps somewhere else as far as I am concerned. Enjoy the cake.

Why don't you grow up and stop acting like a spoiled brat. I bet this is exactly how you act when you don't get your way. Welcome to life, no one said it was fair.
Stand and fight, till there is no more.

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
« Reply #179 on: August 24, 2010, 11:15:27 PM »
Think, Robert, a lot your trouble probably started in that school and you were there for a short period of time

Danny, your misplaced arrogance has lead you astray yet again. You don't know who I am, or anything about me. Just because Whooter has insider information as a program employee doesn't mean he knows who I am. He never did, he just finds it funny to think that he's lording something over someone who was abused at the hands of a program he readily supports. The fact that he's incompetent doesnt seem to matter much to him.