Author Topic: Post your positive program experiences  (Read 24387 times)

Offline SUCK IT

• View Profile
Re: Post your positive program experiences
« Reply #105 on: August 19, 2010, 02:42:07 PM »
OK, this thread is getting way off topic so let's turn this ship back on course, shall we?

Every week we got to have a movie day and watch movies together and relax and play board games and talk, and it was free time to write letters and socialize. I've always liked movies a lot so this was a good way to forget where I was and escape into the movie and it was a nice break from treatment. I learned how to play some board games and talked to a lot of interesting people and made some friends, and learned about people and their lives. When I see the movies I watched while in the program, I remember where I first saw it and it brings back memories.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
one day at a time

Offline photo man

• View Profile
SUCK IT PEDO PHONE SEX
« Reply #106 on: August 19, 2010, 02:43:51 PM »
Quote from: "SUCK IT"
OK, this thread is getting way off topic so let's turn this ship back on course, shall we?

Every week we got to have a movie day and watch movies together and relax and play board games and talk, and it was free time to write letters and socialize. I've always liked movies a lot so this was a good way to forget where I was and escape into the movie and it was a nice break from treatment. I learned how to play some board games and talked to a lot of interesting people and made some friends, and learned about people and their lives. When I see the movies I watched while in the program, I remember where I first saw it and it brings back memories.

- SUCK IT PEDO PHONE SEX -  :rocker:  :rocker:  :rocker:  :rocker:  :rocker:

Offline Shadyacres

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 19, 2010, 04:06:26 PM »
Sorry Suck it, I guess i should have said "Unlike you, most of us are grown-ups now."  So go ahead and advocate the mental abuse of more and more teenagers, get it out of your system.  Eventually, I hope, you will stop hating yourself and realize that whatever your problems were, there were more humane ways to treat them.  No child deserves that kind of treatment.

Offline SUCK IT

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 19, 2010, 04:46:57 PM »
One of the most profound positive experiences and lessons I learned in a program was the necessity to take personal accountability for your own actions. Without doing that, in an honest way, you will always remain trapped in a cocoon of denial. When I was a troubled teen I felt like I was a victim of everybody else. Why couldn't they just leave me alone? That's what I kept saying to myself. I want to get high, get drunk, commit crimes, disrespect and put my family in danger. Well I grew up poor, my family had troubles, the teachers were unfair, I didn't get this, I didn't get that. To me the world was unfair and against me. I felt justification in doing whatever I pleased, because if they would fight against me then I don't care about anyone else either. So I was very self centered and the outside world lost relevance more and more as time went by.

When I finally ended up in a program I thought it was an injustice of the greatest magnitude! I was furious and thought, do the American people know that citizens are being held against their will like this? I wanted to climb to the tallest rooftop and scream from the top of my lungs, I want my freedom back. But for me, that freedom meant sure death or imprisonment. So there comes the rub, what is more important, someone's life or their freedom? Who gets to make that distinction and decide when it's gone too far? Right now its parents who make that decision. My parents made the right decision. I know for a fact this is true, and to suggest otherwise might make me feel good. I could have continued to look at it as an injustice. What after some time I was able to get honest with myself and realize, that injustice is what actually saved my life.

Back when I was a teen I would have gladly been out of the program, and free to my own devices. The process of being asked to look at myself honestly, and take accountability for what I had done was difficult and stressful at times. But other times there was positive things that happened, it was not the pit of hellfire and despair that it's often described as here on this forum. I don't live in a black and white world, I can look back on my experiences as they actually happened, not through a political or agenda driven lens.I am able to take accountability for my actions that lead to me being placed in a program. Had I not done certain things, I would have never ended up in a program. Everything that happened was a result of my own actions, I know this now and accept it as truth, because it is.

So I choose to be honest when talking about my experiences on this forum. This is met with hatred, conspiracy theories and plenty of people telling me what I should do, what I should believe, what I should be like, what is wrong with me, and all sorts of theories about why I have come to the conclusions I have. That's all a waste of time. If you want to know why I believe what I do, read my posts, because they are the truth. I am trying my best to be respectful and focus on my own experiences here, and that's what I've been doing. If you don't want to post in this thread, then don't. Start your own threads about negative experiences, that would be great. But people pressuring me to change my views, change who I am, or just plain shut up will not persuade me to not share my own experiences and opinions.

The fact is, in my own personal experience, a private program really did save my life. I'm not going to lie and say it didn't, or lie and say I was abused, or stretch the term of abuse to fit in with what actually happened to me. Yes i was held against my will, because my will involved getting high on drugs, harming myself, and causing mayhem and generally being an asshole in every way imaginable. I constantly was putting my life in danger and other people's because me and my friends would drive around while heavily intoxicated. So me being put in a program, not only saved my life, but possibly the lives of people that we might have killed in a DUI. My parents tried all the local options and alternatives offered by posters here and none of it worked. I simply manipulated my way through all of those hurdles, in my quest to ultimately destroy myself through drug use or suicide. The only thing that stopped me, was to put me in a facility against my will, and have people watching me 24 hours a day. I'm not proud of any of this, in fact it's quite shameful. But I am at  a point in my life where I am willing to be honest about who I was, and what really happened.

It would feel great to think I was right, and should have been free to behave that way. To think that the program was in the wrong, and in fact evil. That my parents are ignorant at best, evil at worst. That society was in fact wrong to tell me no, you are not free to destroy yourself, as a minor child. That I was abused and imprisoned against my will and treated like shit. But none of that is true, and as comfortable a place for my ego as it would be to believe this, I know in my heart it's not true. They saved my life, against my will. I wanted to end it through my behaviors, they demanded that I not do so. I can't speak for other people, this is about my own experience. People are also free to share their own experiences on this forum. I follow a self imposed rule that I don't respond to hatred, conspiracy theories and posts like that. If people expect a response from me, they should be respectful and talk as they wish people talked to them. I am also following this rule now, I am not going to waste my time with arguments here. I am here to share my experiences and opinions with those who wish to read it. If you don't, then don't read it, it really doesn't bother me either way. Thanks
one day at a time

Offline shaggys

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 19, 2010, 05:31:23 PM »
By your own admission in your posts you seem to have an extensive criminal background SUCK IT. Are you currently incarcerated? Just askin cause you also seem to have alot of spare time on your hands. i know that you dont want to discuss specifics about the treatment facility that "saved you" but will you at least tell us which prison you are currently in. thanks.

Offline Pile of shit

• View Profile
SUCK IT was arrested
« Reply #110 on: August 19, 2010, 05:45:43 PM »
SUCK IT was arrested for selling cocaine to school children.  WOW!!!

:jawdrop:  :jawdrop:  :jawdrop:  :jawdrop:  :jawdrop:
« Last Edit: August 20, 2010, 04:50:15 AM by Pile of shit »
WOW!!!

Offline anythinganyone

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 20, 2010, 01:45:52 AM »
far tl;dr

I really think you aren't a real person tbh

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 20, 2010, 04:32:50 AM »
I have special confirmation from a reliable source that Suck It is in fact a real person. Suck it isn't as cleaver as suck it would like to think suck it is at covering their tracks.

Offline none-ya

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 20, 2010, 06:12:57 AM »
Please tell us more Che.
?©?€~¥@

Offline SUCK IT

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 20, 2010, 09:50:04 AM »
This might be a good time to explain why I turned off my PM function a while ago, since the cat seems to already be out of the bag. when I started posting here I got a PM from a username with zero posts meaning it could be anyone, I still don't know who sent it to me. They told me they had acquired all my personal information, my name, my phone number, where I live, and links to my facebook account and even the website of the company I work for. They told me they knew who my boss was and if I didn't shut up they'd call my boss and tell them that I spend all day on fornits posting, and asked if my boss knew I used to use drugs as a teen, knew I was an addict, etc. After that I decided to turn off my private messaging function. This is why I post threads like Fornits Group Think, because I believe this is the way it's enforced here on fornits, with behind the scenes threats like I received.

I decided to keep posting anyways though, all the while expecting one day to come onto fornits and find a thread that has all my information posted in it. Lucky for me, and more importantly my employment, this information has yet to be posted. But every once in a while there is a post directed my way that seems to hint at reminding me that someone does have this information, and are still willing to release it if I continue to post.

The fact that me being honest bothers people so much that they'd go to such great lengths to find out who I am and threaten me, just for my opinions, is troublesome. It also shows that your argument must be relatively weak if you have to resort to these sort of tactics to enforce the group think ideology and to silence any dissenting voices. It's up to the people who have this information whether they'll post it. I expect they will post it eventually, why wouldn't they? I hope they don't, but it's really up to them and, it's between them and God  how they want to act in this life and treat people.

But let me say this. I will not be silenced of bullied into silence. If people want to use this information to harass my boss and bring up my past, I can't stop them. If it's worth ruining someone financially and getting them fired in this economy, just so they can't share their opinions about being in treatment, I can't do anything about it. I choose to share about my experiences in treatment because I lived through it like everyone else here, and earned my right to comment on it. This forum claims to be an open free for all discussion, and it is on the very surface. But dig a little deeper and you find that things are much more complicated here on fornits than that, it's not as open and free as it claims in practice.

It's up to posters here whether they want to be an angry mob of extremists, or adults that are able and willing to have an adult conversation and welcome opinions that might not be in line with their own. I'm willing to have this open discussion, and hear the opinions of everyone, whether they hated programs or loved them. Isn't that the purpose of this forum? To have an open discussion, hearing from all sides and points of views on this industry? Or should fornits just be a cult, with it's own ideology, and group think enforced by real life consequences and threats? That is up to every user on fornits to decide for themselves, and the people who wish to blackmail me.
one day at a time

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 20, 2010, 10:56:19 AM »
Quote from: "none-ya"
Please tell us more Che.

Only if I get a solid promise from photoman and his 19 other personas to stop being a copycat of Pile of dead kids and to go find his own damn material. Those pedo pictures are making Photoboy look like a spanking bang on copy of Gary Glitter.  Even then I wouldn't be inclined to say much. Two reasons..

1) Suck It has the same right to privacy everyone else does.

2) Ideological battles bore me. These threads bore me. You all bore me.

Go protest a program and I'll release Suck It's home phone number.

nah..

Still, go protest a program anyway. It'll be good for you.

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 20, 2010, 11:05:13 AM »
Quote from: "Che Gookin"
1) Suck It has the same right to privacy everyone else does.

2) Ideological battles bore me.

:tup:

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 20, 2010, 12:37:24 PM »
Quote from: "Che Gookin"
I have special confirmation from a reliable source that Suck It is in fact a real person. Suck it isn't as cleaver as suck it would like to think suck it is at covering their tracks.

Well isn't this great, El` Moderator, the only way you know this is if administrator tells you, OH I'm sorry isn't this what Felice was fired for back at the beginning of the year.
So guys if we are allowed to "out" whoever we want here via private phone calls and emails, with possible Admin help then come on the "Web Site" as a Moderator (as Che is) and threaten Suck It, that you know who he is, then what is the purpose of having user names.
Why are we always concerned about privacy, when Che as a Moderator, on this site, can threaten someone and their privacy. Why would Che with his position here even want to infer any disclosure of privacy.
One week your criticizing Whooter and myself for embarrassing you on a forum you moderate, crying like a fucking baby, then next week your practically outing a member on another forum. What the fuck is the matter with you, have you lost your mind. You wonder why many of us here have virtually no respect for you, your a hypocrite.  
What makes you think that Suck It or anybody else here that doesn't agree with your brand of bullshit Che, really gives a shit what you think or is trying to be clever.
The only thing he has told you as every one else here is he would rather not mention what T/C he went to. Period, so fuck off.
I don't blame him, if I would have known better I would not have mentioned mine. Especially with my opinions.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2010, 01:46:00 PM by DannyB II »
Stand and fight, till there is no more.

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 20, 2010, 01:32:30 PM »
Quote from: "SUCK IT"
This might be a good time to explain why I turned off my PM function a while ago, since the cat seems to already be out of the bag. when I started posting here I got a PM from a username with zero posts meaning it could be anyone, I still don't know who sent it to me. They told me they had acquired all my personal information, my name, my phone number, where I live, and links to my facebook account and even the website of the company I work for. They told me they knew who my boss was and if I didn't shut up they'd call my boss and tell them that I spend all day on fornits posting, and asked if my boss knew I used to use drugs as a teen, knew I was an addict, etc. After that I decided to turn off my private messaging function. This is why I post threads like Fornits Group Think, because I believe this is the way it's enforced here on fornits, with behind the scenes threats like I received.

I decided to keep posting anyways though, all the while expecting one day to come onto fornits and find a thread that has all my information posted in it. Lucky for me, and more importantly my employment, this information has yet to be posted. But every once in a while there is a post directed my way that seems to hint at reminding me that someone does have this information, and are still willing to release it if I continue to post.

The fact that me being honest bothers people so much that they'd go to such great lengths to find out who I am and threaten me, just for my opinions, is troublesome. It also shows that your argument must be relatively weak if you have to resort to these sort of tactics to enforce the group think ideology and to silence any dissenting voices. It's up to the people who have this information whether they'll post it. I expect they will post it eventually, why wouldn't they? I hope they don't, but it's really up to them and, it's between them and God  how they want to act in this life and treat people.

But let me say this. I will not be silenced of bullied into silence. If people want to use this information to harass my boss and bring up my past, I can't stop them. If it's worth ruining someone financially and getting them fired in this economy, just so they can't share their opinions about being in treatment, I can't do anything about it. I choose to share about my experiences in treatment because I lived through it like everyone else here, and earned my right to comment on it. This forum claims to be an open free for all discussion, and it is on the very surface. But dig a little deeper and you find that things are much more complicated here on fornits than that, it's not as open and free as it claims in practice.

It's up to posters here whether they want to be an angry mob of extremists, or adults that are able and willing to have an adult conversation and welcome opinions that might not be in line with their own. I'm willing to have this open discussion, and hear the opinions of everyone, whether they hated programs or loved them. Isn't that the purpose of this forum? To have an open discussion, hearing from all sides and points of views on this industry? Or should fornits just be a cult, with it's own ideology, and group think enforced by real life consequences and threats? That is up to every user on fornits to decide for themselves, and the people who wish to blackmail me.

Suck IT, there have been many before you who decided it just was not worth it to continue posting here because of the way they were treated.

I lived through the exact same circumstances as you did Suck IT.  They threatened to expose my daughter, which they never did.  Then they exposed my name, picture, phone number etc. but they posted the wrong person.  They did this a few times and each time I was given fair warning that it was coming.  But each time the information was wrong, luckily.

There was an admin who managed to get me banned for flooding the forum.  I managed to get another admin to review my posts and it was determined that no flooding occurred.

One of the reasons I stuck around initially was because I was curious as to why a group of people would go to such great lengths to silence another person’s opinion and story.  Why was I such a threat to them?  As I read here and stuck around it became apparent over time there was a need to uphold the philosophy that all programs are abusive and all kids suffered because of them and no-one was help.  If you think about it if they did admit to one child benefitting from their stay inside a program they would have to face the realization that there are more.  If this became a reality to them then they would have to face the hard reality that some programs are beneficial, some staff members are okay and not every program starves the kids or serves rotten food etc.  It is safer for these people to maintain the belief that the entire industry is evil and reject any dialog which threatens that belief system.  This way they don’t have to think at all.

I have had, emails and pms of every variety, threatening me and my family, I have had posters dedicate years of their life to reviewing every post I have written and creating a footer to try to discredit me because they are so insecure (or uncertain) with their own belief that they needed to discredit others to allow themselves be heard or feel important.  They dedicated entire threads to exposing, derailing and trying to bury any opinion I had which went counter to theirs.  Most of them are scared/closed minded or dont communicate well enough to express themselves other than make threats or post shock pictures.

Many would demand to see studies to back up my opinions and when they were presented instead of reading the studies and learning something new they would spend an amazing amount of energy trying to discredit the study so they could pretend it didn’t exist.

I hope that you can stick around.  Fornits needs people from all sides of the issues to help it grow and move forward to become a credible place for people to come and discuss the industry and to allow people to express their opinions without fear of being ostracized for them.  I don’t want to give the impression that all fornits posters are this way,  there are many posters here on fornits who are tolerant of other peoples opinion but it is the intolerant ones which stand out and give fornits this persona of being closed minded and cultish.

I wrote a little bit more than I intended, but good luck with it.  Try to hang in there, its a tough group here.

Offline none-ya

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 20, 2010, 02:54:36 PM »
SUCK IT
"The fact that me being honest bothers people so much that they'd go to such great lengths to find out who I am and threaten me, "

No dumbass.The fact is that your'e not being honest.
Honestly, how old are you?
What is your gender?
What program did you attand?
Not wanting your real name out there is understanable, but you sound like your'e making this stuff up as you go along.
And that kills your credibility.
Who knows, maybe your mama did name you SUCK IT
?©?€~¥@