Author Topic: Post your positive program experiences  (Read 23519 times)

Offline SUCK IT

• View Profile
Post your positive program experiences
« on: August 09, 2010, 01:55:09 PM »
This forum is filled with people posting their negative program experiences. It's great this forum is open to post whatever they want, so I started a thread here where you can go ahead and post your positive program experiences. Most people who have read my posts know that I had a positive program experience for the most part. I faced some difficulties and challenges, but I don't consider it abusive and I honestly accredit the program with saving my life, when all the other traditional treatment options failed to do so.

This thread is dedicated to creating a positive atmosphere, sort of like a safe haven from all the bitterness and negative energy that can be so pervasive on this forum. Please only post your positive experiences in this thread, and people who don't agree, please don't use this thread to tell people they don't know what happened to them.  I am putting my trust in the people of fornits to respect this, and I hope that this thread can have an adult and mature conversation about some of the positive things that happened in treatment. Even if you had a horrible experience in programs, perhaps there was at least 1 positive example of someone being nice to you. Think about it and realize that posting a positive part of treatment does not negate any negative experiences, and that this forum is filled with the negative. I think it's time we start to talk about the positive a little bit.

Thanks. Please feel free to start, I will post my own soon enough.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
one day at a time

Offline SUCK IT

• View Profile
Re: Post your positive program experiences
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2010, 02:44:43 PM »
I was having a rough time with adapting to the program and was acting up and misbehaving a lot. I was cruel to the staff and tried to manipulate them in order to send me home. When the holidays came around all the other kids got stuff mailed from their parents. I didn't get anything, and no explanation why. This just made me more upset and want to not participate in treatment even more. But when I got back to where I sleep there on my bed was a king size snickers bar and a note from one of the staff I was really mean to. "merry christmas, from the staff". I cried myself to sleep that night, some tears from sadness my parents forgot about me and cries of happiness that somebody else did care.
one day at a time

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2010, 02:52:08 PM »
Quote from: "SUCK IT"
I was having a rough time with adapting to the program and was acting up and misbehaving a lot. I was cruel to the staff and tried to manipulate them in order to send me home. When the holidays came around all the other kids got stuff mailed from their parents. I didn't get anything, and no explanation why. This just made me more upset and want to not participate in treatment even more. But when I got back to where I sleep there on my bed was a king size snickers bar and a note from one of the staff I was really mean to. "merry christmas, from the staff". I cried myself to sleep that night, some tears from sadness my parents forgot about me and cries of happiness that somebody else did care.

What's your point?
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline SUCK IT

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2010, 03:05:52 PM »
I'm posting a positive experience while in treatment. There's no point, just sharing experiences. That's what this thread is for, people are free to share their own if they feel like it. I will post more in time.
one day at a time

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2010, 03:14:46 PM »
I'm posting a positive experience while in treatment. There's no point, just sharing experiences. That's what this thread is for, people are free to share their own if they feel like it. I will post more in time.

No, you specifically said you wanted only positive experiences posted here.
Please only post your positive experiences in this thread
  Fuck that.  This is not your message board.   My experience in Stepcraft sucked.  I will post more in time.  In this thread.  If you don't like it, start your own message board.
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline SUCK IT

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2010, 03:21:33 PM »
I asked politely and said please. I don't demand anything from anyone, and don't have any control over what people say. You can start a thread right now titled "post your negative program experiences", that would be respectful. Or you can post them here , nobody can stop you. I sure can't, I don't have the power to edit or control other people's posts. All I can do is ask politely, and treat people the way I wish to be treated. This is my strategy now on fornits, and I refuse to be drawn into the emotional ego driven political fights that dominate so much of fornits. I am here to offer my experiences and wish to speak with people who can be mature and respectful.

I didn't love being in a program. But I am also mature enough now to admit honestly that it did save my life. Sometimes it was challenging and difficult, and I hated it. But there were also times when a little thing, like what I posted earlier, happened and it was like a ray of hope during a difficult time. I don't think it's that strange to want to discuss things other than the worst things about treatment, for me at least, it wasn't all bad. Thanks for your post..
one day at a time

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2010, 03:24:44 PM »
Anne,
I had to explain this to None-Ya also. You Seedlings and Straight folk here on fornits are a bit skewed, I'm not sure why.
Suck It is not looking for confrontation here on this thread, it is very simple, "post positive material". If you don't want to, that is fine, then all he asks is don't post here.
Stand and fight, till there is no more.

Offline Fnord

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2010, 03:29:14 PM »
Your parents were fuckeheads that forgot you at christmastime and then The program bought you for leaving A SNICKERS on your bed? I guess it really Does satisfy...

Offline none-ya

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2010, 04:07:19 PM »
Ok all seriousness aside,
The most positive program experience I can remember is when I was finally able to run away!
I'm not kidding
?©?€~¥@

Offline SUCK IT

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2010, 06:09:22 PM »
I'll second that. The day I left the program was a very positive experience as well.
one day at a time

Offline SUCK IT

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2010, 06:19:04 PM »
Quote from: "Fnord"
Your parents were fuckeheads that forgot you at christmastime and then The program bought you for leaving A SNICKERS on your bed?  I guess it really Does satisfy...

Well like the saying goes, its the little things in life that mean the most. I don't know if my parents forgot, I think they told me that they thought they weren't supposed to send anything, thats what they told me at least. I was told different things by different people, so I don't put much thought into it. But the staff who took the time to make my day better is something I will never forgot, like I said, the little things are important sometimes.
one day at a time

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2010, 06:26:08 PM »
There are positive experiences but I have to go with what many here said which was the day my daughter got out  (I think she would agree also).  Seeing her smiling face during and after graduation tops all the other experiences.

Then of course I was happy when I finally wrote the final check also lol.

Offline Pile of Dead Kids

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2010, 06:31:18 PM »
Positive program experience.

...Sergey Blashchishen, James Shirey, Faith Finley, Katherine Rice, Ashlie Bunch, Brendan Blum, Caleb Jensen, Alex Cullinane, Rocco Magliozzi, Elisa Santry, Dillon Peak, Natalynndria Slim, Lenny Ortega, Angellika Arndt, Joey Aletriz, Martin Anderson, James White, Christening Garcia, Kasey Warner, Shirley Arciszewski, Linda Harris, Travis Parker, Omega Leach, Denis Maltez, Kevin Christie, Karlye Newman, Richard DeMaar, Alexis Richie, Shanice Nibbs, Levi Snyder, Natasha Newman, Gracie James, Michael Owens, Carlton Thomas, Taylor Mangham, Carnez Boone, Benjamin Lolley, Jessica Bradford's unnamed baby, Anthony Parker, Dysheka Streeter, Corey Foster, Joseph Winters, Bruce Staeger, Kenneth Barkley, Khalil Todd, Alec Lansing, Cristian Cuellar-Gonzales, Janaia Barnhart, a DRA victim who never even showed up in the news, and yet another unnamed girl at Summit School...

Offline T-Rex

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2010, 06:57:56 PM »
It is encouraging to see the positive messages coming from parents and students.
Off topic for a second but why is "PODK's" so enthralled with posting very disgusting
video's and pictures. What exactly does he think he is accomplishing other then telling
everyone he is a sadistic weirdo. That is the only message that I can see he is sending.

Offline Pile of Dead Kids

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2010, 07:13:34 PM »
No, "very disgusting" is when you send your kids to get abused and then make statements commending troll threads in which people said that such abuse was positive.

3guys1hammer is mild by comparison.
...Sergey Blashchishen, James Shirey, Faith Finley, Katherine Rice, Ashlie Bunch, Brendan Blum, Caleb Jensen, Alex Cullinane, Rocco Magliozzi, Elisa Santry, Dillon Peak, Natalynndria Slim, Lenny Ortega, Angellika Arndt, Joey Aletriz, Martin Anderson, James White, Christening Garcia, Kasey Warner, Shirley Arciszewski, Linda Harris, Travis Parker, Omega Leach, Denis Maltez, Kevin Christie, Karlye Newman, Richard DeMaar, Alexis Richie, Shanice Nibbs, Levi Snyder, Natasha Newman, Gracie James, Michael Owens, Carlton Thomas, Taylor Mangham, Carnez Boone, Benjamin Lolley, Jessica Bradford's unnamed baby, Anthony Parker, Dysheka Streeter, Corey Foster, Joseph Winters, Bruce Staeger, Kenneth Barkley, Khalil Todd, Alec Lansing, Cristian Cuellar-Gonzales, Janaia Barnhart, a DRA victim who never even showed up in the news, and yet another unnamed girl at Summit School...