Author Topic: Another Str8 grad being forced to register as a sex offender  (Read 4804 times)

Offline Sam Kinison

• View Profile
Another Str8 grad being forced to register as a sex offender
« on: August 09, 2010, 03:01:31 AM »
Scott Patterson
http://dc.state.fl.us/InmateReleases/de ... =905348302

Another success story!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
Re: Scott Patterson
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2010, 10:17:13 AM »
Hmm. Ya mean ... this guy?

-------------- • -------------- • --------------

[/list]
      DC Number:    168001
      Name:    PATTERSON, SCOTT
      Race:    WHITE
      Sex:    MALE
      Hair Color:    BROWN
      Eye Color:    GREEN
      Height:    6'01''
      Weight:    199 lbs.
      Birth Date:    07/07/1965
      Release Facility:    HAMILTON ANNEX
      Custody:    MEDIUM
      Release Date:    04/03/2009[/list]
        Stated Residence Upon Release:
        1724 VALLEY FORGE DR.
        HIXSON,TN 37343 37343[/list]
          Aliases:
          SCOTT PATTERSON    SCOTT FREDERICK PATTERSON[/list]
            Current Prison Sentence History:
            Offense Date   Offense   Sentence Date   County   Case No.   Prison Sentence Length
            07/01/1999   L/L, INDEC.ASLT CHILD U/16   03/17/2004   PASCO   0003883   6Y 0M 9D
            05/01/1999   L/L, INDEC.ASLT CHILD U/16   03/17/2004   PASCO   0003883   6Y 0M 9D[/list]
              Incarceration History:
              Date In-Custody   Date Out-of-Custody
              04/29/2004   04/03/2009[/list]

Offline Sam Kinison

• View Profile
              Re: Another Str8 grad being forced to register as a sex offe
              « Reply #2 on: August 09, 2010, 12:48:05 PM »
              That's him!On top of the astronomical suicide rate,do you think that this deviance might have something to do with his,would you say,programming.

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
              « Reply #3 on: August 09, 2010, 04:46:41 PM »
              I love this, now we have Suicides, Child Molesters, Murderers of Parents, James Ray and who knows what else will be blamed on Programs/Treatment Centers.
              I'm sure there is a study out there associating "turtle groping/fondling/molesting to gross negligence of bathroom privileges.
              Stand and fight, till there is no more.

Offline Sam Kinison

• View Profile
              « Reply #4 on: August 09, 2010, 06:19:37 PM »
              Not blaming.Woof,kpickle,and myself were all contemporaries of these two jokers and we're not wearing the same colors.We were all recipients of same sadistic quackery and misguided ignorance as these two went through.John Buick was convinced that his gayness was just a part of his druggie illness.A year of that kind of brainwashing could not have been beneficial.Scott Patterson was in junior high school when he entered.What a great place to begin puberty!Not placing blame,but rest assured,very well could have contributed.The astronomical suicide rate definitely goes back to the program.Let me spell it out ,we endure the program believing that everything we're learning will prepare us for the outside and BOOM!,we realize that not only were we not prepared,if anything we were put in reverse.That's when despondence and despair sets in.Many people believe their life has ended there,rather than a chance to really start over.

Offline Woof-a-Doof

• View Profile
              « Reply #5 on: August 09, 2010, 10:14:19 PM »
              Oh, I would beg to differ. Using Betty & Mels own staggering numbers (12,000 served), I don't subscribe to the notion that Straight Inc. and it's techniques would or could produce child molesters, and sexual predators. Granted, we are many many things, and most of us have done things we are less than proud of. However, the vast majority have not turned out to be child predators/molestors. Some have, the huge majority have not.

The question that pops into my mind is not so much the, John Doe came out of Straight Inc as a child molestor and a predator of small boys. (am not convinced as fucked up as Straight Inc. was, that sexual predator intincts and or issues of being gay or straight) As was mentioned, John Buick was "gay" and had a preference for young boys prior to Straight Inc...which alledgedly was suppossed to be a Drug Treatment facility. I remember people being stood up for being thought to be gay, and they were treated with the least amount of decency possible. Seriously, a Drug Treatment Center, busting on a sexual preference??? Gay or Lesbian is not at issue, and should not have been attacted in such a humiliating fashion. Hopefully Tx Cntrs today dont engage or employ such ideaology.

The best, the most respected, highest esteemed Drug Treatment Facility (if there is one), is an inappropriate placement for an self confessed child sexual predator. I don't pretend to offer a solution, nor do I have the expertise to explain what makes a predator/molestor tick. But I think I can say safely that placing a self confessed predator, in the middle of 150 adolescent young boys for 12 hours a day is far from being a good idea! And describing his sexual deviance as just another druggie manafestation just to be able to recieve another "intake check" is flat out fucking irresponcible.

As to the phrase 'blaming '...on "Programs/Treatment Centers". Ehhh, not so much. I, at one time placed alot of 'blame' on my direct personal experience at Straight Inc. I was mentaly, emotionally, psycologically a victim of Straight Inc. As a 'victim', I sought refuge, I waited for salvation...I wanted some one to rescue me. (after all, I couldnt help myself, being a 'victim' and all).

It occured to me, there is not and will not be a 'saviour' and the calvary is/was not on it's way. Granted, it took me 30+ years to realize this and accept it. I no-longer refer to myself as a 'victim', verbally, in writting or mentally...as I think. As a 'victim', I can "blame". If I am no longer a 'victim, what can I call it?

Over time, I have come to see it as 'part of an explaination'. I can not deny the experience, nor it's occurance and for that matter, it's re-occurence that takes place tween my own ears. The irony is, I am truely "powerless" over that time period of my life. Those bubbles of thought seen as they rise to the surface, most of us can see them. Now add the ability to know what created the bubble in the first place. For me, it was over 30 years of those bubbbles. Now, I know thier source. The laws of cause and effect are in full working order. Once recognised, easy to understand. And the word, or insinuation of "blame" fade quickly and becomes an "explaination".

Danny, your out of bounds in regard to suicide...it's thin ice your tromping on

<pardon if I missed the dark humor, if any>

Much Peace
              Continued Healing
              woof/dave
              What is right is not always popular...What is popular is not always right

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
              « Reply #6 on: August 09, 2010, 11:20:34 PM »
              Quote from: "Woof-a-Doof"
              Oh, I would beg to differ. Using Betty & Mels own staggering numbers (12,000 served), I don't subscribe to the notion that Straight Inc. and it's techniques would or could produce child molesters, and sexual predators. Granted, we are many many things, and most of us have done things we are less than proud of. However, the vast majority have not turned out to be child predators/molestors. Some have, the huge majority have not.

The question that pops into my mind is not so much the, John Doe came out of Straight Inc as a child molestor and a predator of small boys. (am not convinced as fucked up as Straight Inc. was, that sexual predator intincts and or issues of being gay or straight) As was mentioned, John Buick was "gay" and had a preference for young boys prior to Straight Inc...which alledgedly was suppossed to be a Drug Treatment facility. I remember people being stood up for being thought to be gay, and they were treated with the least amount of decency possible. Seriously, a Drug Treatment Center, busting on a sexual preference??? Gay or Lesbian is not at issue, and should not have been attacted in such a humiliating fashion. Hopefully Tx Cntrs today dont engage or employ such ideaology.

The best, the most respected, highest esteemed Drug Treatment Facility (if there is one), is an inappropriate placement for an self confessed child sexual predator. I don't pretend to offer a solution, nor do I have the expertise to explain what makes a predator/molestor tick. But I think I can say safely that placing a self confessed predator, in the middle of 150 adolescent young boys for 12 hours a day is far from being a good idea! And describing his sexual deviance as just another druggie manafestation just to be able to recieve another "intake check" is flat out fucking irresponcible.

As to the phrase 'blaming '...on "Programs/Treatment Centers". Ehhh, not so much. I, at one time placed alot of 'blame' on my direct personal experience at Straight Inc. I was mentaly, emotionally, psycologically a victim of Straight Inc. As a 'victim', I sought refuge, I waited for salvation...I wanted some one to rescue me. (after all, I couldnt help myself, being a 'victim' and all).

It occured to me, there is not and will not be a 'saviour' and the calvary is/was not on it's way. Granted, it took me 30+ years to realize this and accept it. I no-longer refer to myself as a 'victim', verbally, in writting or mentally...as I think. As a 'victim', I can "blame". If I am no longer a 'victim, what can I call it?

Over time, I have come to see it as 'part of an explaination'. I can not deny the experience, nor it's occurance and for that matter, it's re-occurence that takes place tween my own ears. The irony is, I am truely "powerless" over that time period of my life. Those bubbles of thought seen as they rise to the surface, most of us can see them. Now add the ability to know what created the bubble in the first place. For me, it was over 30 years of those bubbbles. Now, I know thier source. The laws of cause and effect are in full working order. Once recognised, easy to understand. And the word, or insinuation of "blame" fade quickly and becomes an "explaination".

Danny, your out of bounds in regard to suicide...it's thin ice your tromping on

<pardon if I missed the dark humor, if any>

Much Peace
              Continued Healing
              woof/dave

Woof, I have always heeded when you have spoke because out of everyone I have listened to here (with the exception of Matt, Ginger and Michael) you are the most mature clear minded balanced individual I have met on my journey through internet village. I was a tad cavalier in my comments on suicide so I will elaborate with more respect on the issue as I see it. This is a short version of my thoughts concerning suicide and programs.
              Every person I have met that committed suicide or attempted also had a dysfunctional relationship with there parent, parents or guardian. There was a severe lack of trust and a strong feeling by the child that they felt not loved or cared for. This situation was happening long before they (parents) made the decision to set in motion this calamity of errors, sending their child to Straight or Elan. To add more injury to the child, during their stay at these facilities the impaired relationship got worse and upon leaving the relationship still received no encouragement.
              Some parents just did not have a clue for multiple reasons.
              I place the blame right at the feet of the parents not the programs.
              Just my two cents from experience. There is so much more that can be said on this topic and my intent is/was not to disrespect anyone.
              As far as pedophiles, molesters and rapist, Elan brought in there share and let them loose on the population. We also had a few murderers, kidnappers and just plain sick psychotic asses roaming the houses.
              Joe Ricci idea of cleansing the Mental hosp. wards and juvie wards of their populations.
              So I still can't see where Straight or Elan had any direct bearing on creating these types of monsters. These folks were sick before they got to a T/C.

Offline Sam Kinison

• View Profile
              « Reply #7 on: August 10, 2010, 02:41:08 PM »
              Obviously,no two individuals have the same inner demons.Not every veteran from Afghanistan afflicted with PTSD looks to end it all in a final shootout with police.Had they not been subjected to such traumas,who knows?Straight was about a more than a year of being force fed a false reality using some very bizarre methods.To overlook the possibility of its contribution to these nefarious ends is as naive as placing the entire blame on them.Once again look at a normal HS in the late 70s and see how many ended up on sex offender roles.Then look at those two.In other words,how many do you know from that time period on that list who wasn't in the program.Do the math!Coincidence maybe,then again,maybe not.We were all wired a little differently(in the case of John Buick,a lot),we all reacted differently.Straight didn't put the demon there,put don't ever discount the possibility of helping unleashed it.

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
              « Reply #8 on: August 10, 2010, 03:21:40 PM »
              Quote from: "Sam Kinison"
              Obviously,no two individuals have the same inner demons.Not every veteran from Afghanistan afflicted with PTSD looks to end it all in a final shootout with police.Had they not been subjected to such traumas,who knows?Straight was about a more than a year of being force fed a false reality using some very bizarre methods.To overlook the possibility of its contribution to these nefarious ends is as naive as placing the entire blame on them.Once again look at a normal HS in the late 70s and see how many ended up on sex offender roles.Then look at those two.In other words,how many do you know from that time period on that list who wasn't in the program.Do the math!Coincidence maybe,then again,maybe not.We were all wired a little differently(in the case of John Buick,a lot),we all reacted differently.Straight didn't put the demon there,put don't ever discount the possibility of helping unleashed it.
              "Straight didn't put the demon there,put don't ever discount the possibility of helping unleashed it".
              [/b]

Sam I can not argue this point. To underestimate Straight and Elans influence to agitate demons would be careless on my part.
              I still feel though if the parents that placed their child there (T/C's) had showed more interest, well then things might have gone differently. Maybe the abuse we put up with back in the seventies would not have happened. (if, if, if)

Offline 85 Day Jerk

• View Profile
              « Reply #9 on: August 11, 2010, 01:19:04 PM »
              I find it strange that now, after all is said and done, none of the family wants to deal with Scott, and basically treat him the way that they have always treated me once it was known that I was bipolar.  My first phase was torture.  No matter what or how I did, my family was still too fucked up to decide who I would live with, hence no progress.  I became a jerk to fill in the time until they got their shit together.  Once they did, I was moved into my father's "Compound" and helped make it one of the most split-proof and effective host homes.  I am real sorry if I got caught up in finding a purpose in all that after rotting all summer of '78 on first phase.  I bought into the program hook line and sinker.  Up until that time all my dad was to me was a sad guy that would come over for a short visit at my mom's house in Largo, hand me a check to give her, and tear ass down the road in a different car each time when the check was'nt enough to cover the child support.  I was as much a stranger living at 5248 Coral Way North as any newcomer.  When Mike and Scott went back on drugs following my moving out into Sandlewood Apartments at the tender and naive age of 18, something had to give, because I no longer fit in.  My room-mates did not work out so I had to move back "home."  It was hell living in a home I could not earn enough money to escape from, so I signed up to go in the Army.  I did'nt even make it the 9 months it would take before the induction date, before Mike and Scott got together and got me kicked out of the house over a simple transferrance of the shit they were doing.  My parents, desperate for any appearance of "normalcy" ate it up and then BLAMMO!, I was one of the first wave of "homeless" people in the eighties before it had even become fashionable.  As hard as it may seem to grasp, I am really not all that bitter about it anymore.  

Just get one thing straight though.  Florida has one of the highest rates of deaths of children in its Foster Care System.  It's record is deplorable, so when it comes to prosecuting people for Child Abuse, they aint doing it for shits and giggles.  Only the guiltiest of the guilty are incarcerated.
              « Last Edit: August 13, 2010, 11:59:13 AM by 85 Day Jerk »
              Inside a warehouse behind Tyrone Mall
              we walked in darkness, kept hitting the wall.
              I took the time to feel for the door,
              I had been \"treated\" but what the hell for?

Offline seamus

• View Profile
              « Reply #10 on: August 12, 2010, 03:51:03 PM »
              Does anybdy else think that putting John Buick in prison is a lot like sending a fat lady into a burgerking gulag? really.......he was flamey as hell like dave scearcy.......Amy wrong used to bust on gays 24/7....hey dike whats it like?
              It\'d be sad if it wernt so funny,It\'d be funny if it wernt so sad

Offline Woof-a-Doof

• View Profile
              « Reply #11 on: August 12, 2010, 07:13:02 PM »
              Quote from: "seamus"
              Does anybdy else think that putting John Buick in prison is a lot like sending a fat lady into a burgerking gulag? really.......he was flamey as hell like dave scearcy.......Amy wrong used to bust on gays 24/7....hey dike whats it like?

Maybe there are different variants of "flame". True, Dave Searcy was a "flame"...But John Buick....ehhhh different fruit basket all together. Some folks are simply "gay"...Not a good/bad thing, not a right/wrong thing. But the term "gay" does denote that they are at least comfortable (if not happy) with thier own sexuality. I dont think think John Buick is/was or ever has been "gay".....Deviant, oh yes, with out question. But happy and comfortable with his sexuality? Who knows?!

When something inside instinctively says "STAY THE HELL AWAY FROM THIS CRETIN", I have to wonder just exactly how demented, disturbed this guy is/was. But I can wonder it from a distance (thankfully). Putting him in prison may be like putting a child in a candy store...but it isnt so much of putting him in a close confinement with other men, its keeping him out of society...away from children.

Of all the people that came and went while I was locked up, by far John Buick was in the top 10 most disturbing people. If not in the top 3! Prison for John Buick? Yeah, I am good with that....notta problem.

A lil judgemental on my side...yeah, probably....will I loose any sleep over it....oh hell no.
              What is right is not always popular...What is popular is not always right

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
              « Reply #12 on: August 12, 2010, 07:28:38 PM »
              I agree... And I would also like to add that some folk received a worse mindfuck and/or egregious incidents of abuse above and beyond the systemic bullshit that everyone got. Ya gotta wonder how some borderline types, some of whom had a whole childhood of abuse leading up to their time in program, coped with "the last straw"...

Jes sayin'

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
              « Reply #13 on: August 12, 2010, 09:17:15 PM »
              Quote from: "Ursus"
              I agree... And I would also like to add that some folk received a worse mindfuck and/or egregious incidents of abuse above and beyond the systemic bullshit that everyone got. Ya gotta wonder how some borderline types, some of whom had a whole childhood of abuse leading up to their time in program, coped with "the last straw"...

Jes sayin'

Ursus, I don't know about that. They don't get a pass because they were mindfucked in some program. The psychotic "ones" are sick and committing heinous acts regardless of whether they were in a program or not. I would think that we would be grateful that someone at least tried to do something with John Buick. I don't hate the John Buicks of the world, I just hate the destruction they cause.

Offline Sam Kinison

• View Profile
              « Reply #14 on: August 12, 2010, 11:46:11 PM »
              All of this discussion of John Buick is causing me all sorts of flashbacks.I remember his going quicker than average through the phases and being somewhat of a favorite of Helen Petermann.Quick to yell at somebody during a comedown spitting out a bunch of off-the-wall straight-talk as fast as anyone,like so many,not having a clue to what he was saying.Finally,on 4th Phase,one of his newcomers stands him up just before an open meeting,denouncing him for checking him out in the shower.A few days later,probably all in a days work,Aimee Wright(or wrong)depending on your preference,more or less pulls it out that he has desires for guys in the program.While I'm getting ready to vomit all over the place,Aimee puts him on a refresher.I think Hartz and Ross decided discretion being the better part of valor,I didn't remember John or David Buick getting any more newcomers after that.Soon after that,John was pushed on,graduated.He was still a favorite of Helen Petermann.In the Seven Step Society,this asshole was still trying to play the group Nazi when Don Harman,one of the nicer people there,just ripped into John,telling him he thought he was better than everybody else.He started accusing me of stuff in front of my family during a seven step joint rap,one where Beehive Helen used the opportunity to ambush me and the the most motivated to tear into me was John B.I just told my parents to ignore him as he was just a closet queen trying to hide his true self.I agree with Woof totally that comparing Dave Searcy(RIP)to John Buick was unfair just because thay had the same sexual orientation.Dave Searcy,even though he was on staff,was someone you could communicate with on a one-to-one basis.If you tried the same conversation with the convict at hand,he'd try to snow me with a bunch of BS straight talk and run out the door,not that I'd care very much.I guess the "No Guy/Girl Relationships" rule didn't bother him very much.Maybe they can parole him to Ocala to Helen Petermann.