Author Topic: Hal Levy and Myself at the NYRA conference in DC [video]  (Read 2139 times)

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
Hal Levy and Myself at the NYRA conference in DC [video]
« on: August 08, 2010, 05:55:45 PM »
Here's the video link:
http://fornits.com/PsyAndHalAtNYRA.m4v

Playable with VLC, iTunes, iPhone and PSP.

I'm not sure yet whether NYRA as an organization is going to take a more active role in going after programs, but based on the reactions of some I spoke to after the Q&A ended it seems likely.  Let me know what y'all think.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Hal Levy and Myself at the NYRA conference in DC [video]
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2010, 07:59:48 PM »
Like I tried asking you on facebook, where you totally ignored me/got busy with other shit and forgot to check your browser, what is your impression of the NYRA? I know they have a bit of a bad reputation given the hue and fury over Dizzy Izzy.

What do you think about them?

Do they deserve their reputation from the Jizzy Izzy episode?

I've looked over their talking points regarding their youth rights agenda and I don't find anything particularly out of line. No support for Eugenics or the reclaiming of white heritage or other such lunacy. They seem fairly professional from their website.

So yeah, in your personal experience with them, do they deserve that reputation they earned over the Lizzy Izzy deal?
« Last Edit: August 09, 2010, 02:11:27 AM by Che Gookin »

Offline M_Hilton

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2010, 12:15:51 AM »
great vid so what are you pitching to them any way and let me know if i can help Psy

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2010, 02:00:47 AM »
Not bad, you got your haircut since the last time I saw you. I got a kick out of about minute 4 and 5 when the girl off to the right of the table started chowing down on a bagel.

Overall nice encapsulation of the situation. I'll watch it all later on, I'm a bit knackered from the gym and my gf is ranting at me about doing some stuff. So yeah, from the first 10 minutes, looks good.

NOW answer my questions turdsniffer.

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2010, 02:03:05 AM »
skipped ahead a bit.. minute 39 when you were talking about your program visit. Dead on.. how they hustle prospective victims.. dead on.

Offline arjline06

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2010, 01:53:19 AM »
Well, it means that from the start you already like Psy. Is there something wrong going on in here?  I think Psy your haircut looks good that day.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2010, 01:51:46 PM by arjline06 »

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2010, 01:56:47 AM »
Quote from: "arjline06"
Well, it means that from the start, you already like M_Hilton. Wow, is there something going wrong here?  I think, M_Hilton  your haircut looks good that day.
Did Benchmark tell you all criticism was from the same person?  Do you really believe i'm M_Hilton?

Thanks for the haircut comment, though.  I've been wearing it short recently.
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2010, 12:37:32 PM »
Quote from: "psy"
Quote from: "arjline06"
Well, it means that from the start, you already like M_Hilton. Wow, is there something going wrong here?  I think, M_Hilton  your haircut looks good that day.
Did Benchmark tell you all criticism was from the same person?  Do you really believe i'm M_Hilton?

Thanks for the haircut comment, though.  I've been wearing it short recently.

I don't even understand his comment anyway.  The haircut does look good though!

I'd love to get a copy of your statement, if you'd be willing to PM or email it to me.  It was dead on!  My father seems to be at the beginning stages of realizing what he did to me via Straight (keeping my fingers crossed that it continues....Mom has always known and literally hasn't stopped apologizing for over 20 years now) and your statement describes better than I could the whys, hows and effects/damages.
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa