Author Topic: Dr. Phil endorses Lifestep (Dr. Phil IV)  (Read 1879 times)

Offline Oscar

• View Profile
    • Secret Prisons for Teens
Dr. Phil endorses Lifestep (Dr. Phil IV)
« on: February 28, 2011, 05:29:33 AM »
Mount Bachelor Academy was shut down due to the Lifestep marathon therapy sessions and now Dr. Phil endorses them in a show about a teenager who lost her child:

Secrets gone wrong, Dr. Phil show.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Inculcated

• View Profile
"Secrets gone wrong"
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2011, 11:01:50 PM »
LoL The Dr. Phil website decided that this was unsuitable content to post…
How many kids will die in Aspen run programs before Dr. Phil does a show about that? How is it possible that a show with the resources like The Dr. Phil show has would endorse sending anyone (let alone someone who he recognizes as suffering with PTSD, guilt and grief) to Copper Canyon Academy? (An Aspen program)
Another Aspen program in Oregon called Mount Bachelor Academy was shut down in 2009 during the course of a DCFS investigation in which all of the students were removed. The absolutely traumatizing events reported at Mount Bachelor academy included those involving Lifesteps (used at MBA and other programs) which amount to little more than inauthentic and reckless farces which induce intense stress and shaming displays passed off as therapeutic intervention like psychodramas
“A person needs a little madness, or else they never dare cut the rope and be free”  Nikos Kazantzakis

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
Re: Dr. Phil endorses Lifestep (Dr. Phil IV)
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2011, 11:29:18 AM »
Quote from: "Inculcated"
How is it possible that a show with the resources like The Dr. Phil show has would endorse sending anyone (let alone someone who he recognizes as suffering with PTSD, guilt and grief) to Copper Canyon Academy? (An Aspen program)
Perhaps because they are among Dr. Phil's corporate sponsors? It's quite probable that these programs are donating free or reduced rate program attendance, in exchange for the free advertising in the form of favorable mention, and hence implied stamp of approval, by Dr. Phil. It's pretty similar to how organizations like STICC operate. Corporate "philanthropy" used as yet another marketing tool...

From Secrets Gone Wrong, bottom right corner of the page:

Special Thanks

[li]Patty Evans
    Aspen Education Group[/list]
    [/li][/list]
    -------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline Inculcated

• View Profile
    "Secrets Gone Wrong"
    « Reply #3 on: March 01, 2011, 01:17:47 PM »
    Of course that’s why, but it’s a question that I had wanted those of Dr. Phil’s website to read. After it never was “approved”, I submitted a follow-up suggestion (knowing that it would be read only to censor) that they do a show on which ever program has killed the most children each year.

It’s not like I asked why anyone is pretending he’s licensed and qualified to practice! I think Brittany Spears' attorneys a brief while back probably covered that pretty thoroughly.

...And I didn’t even enumerate the many other egregious examples of poor judgment on his part in selecting panel members to be presented as “experts” and “professionals”. I just asked a reasonable question that was in keeping with the topic of their show and did so after following the link titled "speak your mind".
    “A person needs a little madness, or else they never dare cut the rope and be free”  Nikos Kazantzakis