Author Topic: THE HURON LAW GROUP  (Read 5216 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
THE HURON LAW GROUP
« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2003, 12:03:00 AM »
I've noticed that every once in a while someone will post a call to action for Huron - over the past several months.  This seems a little weird to me.  If it was such a HUGE thing, why would there be a need to post on forums?

As for "fact-finding" that's pretty funny.  No wonder it's taking so long -  :silly:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
THE HURON LAW GROUP
« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2003, 12:32:00 AM »
On 2003-10-02 20:54:00, KarenZ wrote:

"I have no idea about anything you asked.

Huron is Erin Brockavitche's group isn't it?

I don't think it can rightly be said anyone has 'joined' yet. Maybe one of the attornies who post now and then can clairify - but I wouldn't think that can be said to have taken place, until a contract for representation has been signed - and the action filed.

I think (think) what is going on now is more like fact finding and interviewing *possible* plaintiffs.

"

Thanks Karen, for your response to the questions about HURON (which by the way, is not the same firm Erin B. is associated with). Since it costs money to research and conduct interviews with prospective clients, it is important to know who, if anyone, is underwriting these expenses. Second,it does appear the only way persons would know about this class-action-lawsuit is through posts on this forum and ISAC's website.  Does that sound "right" to you?  I mean, doesn't it make sense for HURON to provide this information through a press release and/or an announcement on their own website rather than depend upon here-today-gone-tomorrow posts? Just some food for thought ....

:smile:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
THE HURON LAW GROUP
« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2003, 11:13:00 AM »
I heard that Brockovich and Masry are financially supporting this lawsuit and the Huron Law Group is filing it. I dont think they asked anyone to advertise for plaintiffs for them, it is called word of mouth. Huron is VERY CONFIDENT.  The day will be here probably sooner than you think. Then we will see what you have to say.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
THE HURON LAW GROUP
« Reply #33 on: October 03, 2003, 11:35:00 AM »
On 2003-10-03 08:13:00, Anonymous wrote:

"I heard that Brockovich and Masry are financially supporting this lawsuit and the Huron Law Group is filing it. I dont think they asked anyone to advertise for plaintiffs for them, it is called word of mouth. Huron is VERY CONFIDENT.  The day will be here probably sooner than you think. Then we will see what you have to say."

You "heard" translates to second hand information better known as HERESAY.  How about some facts for a change?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
THE HURON LAW GROUP
« Reply #34 on: October 03, 2003, 12:12:00 PM »
To Anonymous:  HURON is VERY CONFIDENT about what?  Specifics, not generalizations (or veiled threats) is what prospective clients should be hearing, don't you agree?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
THE HURON LAW GROUP
« Reply #35 on: October 03, 2003, 12:42:00 PM »
Duh, you WWASPie. Do you actually think we are stupid enough to give you specifics to bring back to your leaders? Nope. Call them whatever you want to, veiled threats, generalizations bottom line is,  :wave:  :wave:  :wave:

Offline mistresscaution

• View Profile
THE HURON LAW GROUP
« Reply #36 on: October 03, 2003, 12:46:00 PM »
Wonder what that's all about?  Not even a return call?  I don't buy the "they're so busy with other families" that they don't have enough time.

I'm the one who posted earlier saying I had called and no one had gotten back to me. Well it had only been a few days. I decided to just email them with the list of questions I had seen on ISAC answered. I received a phone call the next day. Wilf also told me the best way to reach them IS email, NOT phone calls due to the volume of calls they're getting.
I am at this point a "Potential Plaintiff."
I think the reason he didn't return my phone call is: a) I'm not very patient and didn't wait very long for a response before emailing. b) they are getting a high volume of calls. c) unless you're specific about who you are when you call, they don't know who you are, you could be any type of person they don't want to speak with.
So. I haven't decided if I'm going to go through with the entire thing or not but it doesn't do me any harm to do the preliminaries.
Also, has the level of paranoia in this thread gotten to anyone? "Who are they? What do they want? Why are they doing this?" Seriously, they're supposed to be a top rate law firm, I'm sure they have their own reasons for doing what they do. Not everyone is a bad guy.

[ This Message was edited by: mistresscaution on 2003-10-03 09:46 ]
will not apologize for who I am.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
THE HURON LAW GROUP
« Reply #37 on: October 03, 2003, 01:28:00 PM »
Dear Anon:

You stated that the comments concerning Huron's level of confidence were just "heresay"

Did you mean "heresy"? -- as in challenging to an established religious dogma?  If so, I and a lot of other heretics can only AMEN BROTHER! Damn right we want to challenge the "our way or the cemetery" dogma

If you meant "hearsay" (a legal term of art referring to certain types of evidence based on out-of-court statements of declarants not physically present) you may recall that we are here only in a court of public opinion -- a rough and tumble home for wayward web forums where the niceties of legal discourse do not obtain.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
THE HURON LAW GROUP
« Reply #38 on: October 03, 2003, 04:49:00 PM »
Will someone share Erin Brokovich's story on her own daughter being in an RTC?  What doesn't make sense is that ALL teen behavior mod program have the same allegations, so what would be her motivation in funding this?  Does she feel the program her daughter is/was in is "better?" Many bash CEDU with much worse, and Barbara Walter's daughter was in their program.

Second question, If there are "so many" families that are in the "fact-finding" process, where are they going to draw the line and stop - this could go on for years, not days as someone keeps saying.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
THE HURON LAW GROUP
« Reply #39 on: October 03, 2003, 08:29:00 PM »
I don't know Erin's story, but I bet the she is compassionate. She cares about kids and people. She is a good person.

Offline FaceKhan

• View Profile
THE HURON LAW GROUP
« Reply #40 on: October 03, 2003, 09:02:00 PM »
I would  assume that since this is a class action suit, the lawyers are working on contingency. They get a big chunk if they win or obtain a settlement.

They basically are going to be suing on behalf of all the people who were hurt by WWASP unless those people indicate their desire to exclude themself from the class and retain the right to sue individually.

That means that if they win, the damages could be absolutely massive. If one person sueing wwasp can get a few million if they win, then a suit that includes a few thousand in the class can annihilate them forever.
All of the darkness of the world cannot put out the light of one small candle.\"

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
THE HURON LAW GROUP
« Reply #41 on: October 06, 2003, 12:34:00 AM »
Once a class-action is filed, can it be "thrown out" by the courts and if so, why?  What are some of the reasons?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
THE HURON LAW GROUP
« Reply #42 on: October 06, 2003, 12:38:00 AM »
Don't class-actions have to be certified?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
THE HURON LAW GROUP
« Reply #43 on: October 06, 2003, 01:19:00 AM »
its not a class action law suit. Its a DIRECT ACTION LAW SUIT

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
THE HURON LAW GROUP
« Reply #44 on: October 06, 2003, 01:38:00 AM »
On 2003-10-05 22:19:00, Anonymous wrote:

"its not a class action law suit. Its a DIRECT ACTION LAW SUIT"

Okay, thanks! But what's a direct action lawsuit? And, how does it differ from a class-action?