Author Topic: What does fornits accomplish?  (Read 3367 times)

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
Re: What does fornits accomplish?
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2010, 11:27:57 AM »
What does Fornits accomplish?  Who knows?  What's it supposed to accomplish other than people talking?  It sure does warrant quite a bit of SUCK IT & Whooter's time though, doesn't it?  If Fornits wasn't "accomplishing" anything...you guys wouldn't feel the need to come here EVERY DAY and do damage control.  If Fornits were that insignificant, you guys wouldn't even bother....but you know it's not so insignificant, so you continue to show up, day after day after day, in your vain attempts to spin all the bad press coming out about the TTI and the abuse and deaths related to it.  Honestly...why else would you bother with lil ole Fornits?

:seg2:  :twofinger:  :twofinger:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2010, 02:34:35 PM »
Quote from: "Anne Bonney"
What does Fornits accomplish?  Who knows?  What's it supposed to accomplish other than people talking?  It sure does warrant quite a bit of SUCK IT & Whooter's time though, doesn't it?  If Fornits wasn't "accomplishing" anything...you guys wouldn't feel the need to come here EVERY DAY and do damage control.  If Fornits were that insignificant, you guys wouldn't even bother....but you know it's not so insignificant, so you continue to show up, day after day after day, in your vain attempts to spin all the bad press coming out about the TTI and the abuse and deaths related to it.  Honestly...why else would you bother with lil ole Fornits?

:seg2:  :twofinger:  :twofinger:

Jeesh, "Anna Banana" you forgot about me. :waaaa:  :waaaa:  :waaaa:  :-  you just don't know?????
Stand and fight, till there is no more.

Offline SUCK IT

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2010, 03:11:38 PM »
Quote from: "Anne Bonney"
What's it supposed to accomplish other than people talking?

I don't know, that's why I'm asking. Obviously it's important enough for some people to donate a descent chunk of change towards keeping it alive. What do you think it accomplishes?

It sure does warrant quite a bit of SUCK IT & Whooter's time though, doesn't it?  

I don't know, you have way more posts than me. My average is 1.5 posts a day, is that a lot?

If Fornits wasn't "accomplishing" anything...you guys wouldn't feel the need to come here EVERY DAY and do damage control.  

I'm not here every day, and I'm not doing damage control. Don't you think if I wanted to do damage control I might mention the wonderful program I attended? I keep my discussion to the larger picture, in general. If I was trying to help drum up business for a particular program, I would plaster the name and links all over my posts.

If Fornits were that insignificant, you guys wouldn't even bother....but you know it's not so insignificant, so you continue to show up, day after day after day, in your vain attempts to spin all the bad press coming out about the TTI and the abuse and deaths related to it.  Honestly...why else would you bother with lil ole Fornits?

I lived through it and find the discussion on the topic to be interesting. I don't have any other agenda. Think about it, if I was trying to convince the parents who come here for advice, don't you think I might want to activate the Private Message feature? Well mine is disabled. Don't you think I'd put a link to a program website in my signature, at the least? Or maybe even mention the great life saving program I attended? I'm here just talking about going to treatment as an adolescent, something I experienced, from my own perspective. Because I have drawn different conclusions based on my own knowledge, this creates a lot of conspiracy theories on what the real reason is. But common sense, and honest logical deduction would show I hardly have an agenda to push any particular treatment center. Besides, I don't really think that many people come here looking for advice, look what happens when they do.

To me fornits is a place where people who went to, or are interested in for whatever reason the troubled teen industry can debate various subjects. Unfortunately this free for all discussion is hampered by a gang of extremist cult followers who believe in a mythology that makes open conversation very difficult. I don't consider you one of them so much Anne, but I do think you subscribe to certain parts of fornits mythology as do most posters here.
one day at a time

Offline none-ya

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2010, 05:04:48 AM »
SUCK IT Wrote
"Don't you think if I wanted to do damage control I might mention the wonderful program I attended? "

An untruth via omission is still a lie.
?©?€~¥@

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2010, 12:21:54 PM »
Quote from: "none-ya"
SUCK IT Wrote
"Don't you think if I wanted to do damage control I might mention the wonderful program I attended? "

An untruth via omission is still a lie.

Your digging for gems, again.
What is it around here, who can coin the best cliche`.

Offline none-ya

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2010, 10:58:02 PM »
Danny B wrote

Not really. But if he(?) can't be honest about that,what kind of credibility does he(?) have?
?©?€~¥@

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2010, 11:30:38 PM »
Danny B wrote

Not really. But if he(?) can't be honest about that,what kind of credibility does he(?) have?

"Can't be honest", None-Ya com'on because the dude does not want to reveal.
Doesn't he (suck it) have the option of stating where he went or not without having his integrity questioned. None-ya I know this is rare but I have to give it to him. He knew he would receive shit for having a opposite opinion, I guess he did not want the added stigma of where he went also thrown on him.
If I had thought of this I might have done the same thing. I think his strategy is brilliant.
I don't believe he did it to drive folks here crazy as it has, so since it has driven folks to near pandemonium, lets just say Suck It, is full of crap and is a phony.

Offline none-ya

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2010, 11:50:14 PM »
Danny B wrote
"If I had thought of this I might have done the same thing. I think his strategy is brilliant."

You could not have pulled off that kind of anonymity. Too many people here know you. I mean how do we really know that SUCK IT isn't someone elses alter ego? We don't.
?©?€~¥@

Offline SUCK IT

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2010, 12:11:14 AM »
People are free to question my credibility, I really don't take offense, please do. After all this is the internet, everyone should be questioning whatever they read. I choose not to name the program I went to that is listed on this forum for a variety of reasons. I also went to treatment programs that are not ever mentioned once on fornits. I've also been in drug rehab and had a lot of experience in AA/NA. This is why I have an interest in this forum, and don't really have an agenda than offering my own perspective. Obviously holding any pro treatment feelings is met with resistance on this forum, I knew that when I signed up, having been a reader for while.

I don't feel I owe anybody any explanation on why I choose to keep certain information to myself, it's very ironic on this forum of all places that information be demanded from anyone. But I refused to be pressured, in this case by calls against my credibility, to reveal information I wish not to. This seems to be a common tactic on fornits, even though people complain against this very behavior inside of treatment programs, yes it's very ironic. But this sort of cognitive dissonance is a regular occurrence on fornits, so it doesn't really bother me much. If people choose to believe me, they will. If they choose to ignore me or dismiss my opinion as fiction, well every reader is free to do that too. I'm not going to sweat over it one way or the other, I'll let my arguments stand for themselves. Think about it, if I was trying to push programs as some sort of hidden agenda, might I have chosen a better name than SUCK IT? Why would someone choose this name if they were trying to convince the invisible parents coming here for advice. If that were truly my agenda, believe me when I say I could do a lot better job at it.

My only agenda is to offer up my experiences and opinions, having lived through a program with a forum on this website, ones that are not listed, and AA/NA which is a popular topic of discussion here. The fact is some people have positive experiences in programs, and some people are actually helped by AA.NA.  I am one of these people. Nothing is going to change that fact, it just the way it is. I know people have very different experiences and we should all respect each other enough to allow people to offer there own perspective. You can argue against my conclusions based on my experience if you wish, and I will continue to argue against what I view as faulty conclusions, as I have done in my fornits mythology thread and others. This thread asks a serious questions, what does fornits accomplish in 30 days? I truly am curious when someone donates 70 dollars for hosting for a month, what do they think that will be accomplished? If the answer is just a place for people to debate this industry, that's a legitimate answer as well, I would be interested to hear other people's opinions on the matter, that's why I posted it.
one day at a time

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2010, 12:24:23 AM »
Danny B wrote
"If I had thought of this I might have done the same thing. I think his strategy is brilliant."

You could not have pulled off that kind of anonymity. Too many people here know you. I mean how do we really know that SUCK IT isn't someone elses alter ego? We don't.

No, your right I could not, at this time. I don't know if I would do that anyway.

I went to Elan, I worked there as a young kid. I want people to know I went there (as a state kid).

We were the "guinea pigs" for there bazaar physical beating. Seldom did you see or hear of a private kid getting a "cowboy ass kicking".

I do not know if, "Suck It" is a alter ego or not. I have had my thoughts but he has said over and over he is not.

Offline shaggys

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2010, 10:16:24 AM »
Well, well, well. DannyBII - self proclaimed alcoholic drug addict and child abuser has accomplished alot here on Fornits. He has managed to run off some people that could have benefited from serious conversation about abusive treatment facilities. Congrats danny, you should be real proud.