Author Topic: Addicts helping addicts  (Read 10421 times)

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
Re: Addicts helping addicts
« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2010, 08:09:14 PM »
Quote from: "DannyB II"
Quote from: "psy"
Quote from: "Ursus"
Something doesn't quite add up.
You do have a talent for spotting details. Bravo.

And you have a talent of being a big baby when things don't go your way. I blew holes all through your AA dialog. Keep tossing peanuts at the gallery.
I didn't bother responding to your rant because it was so weak on it's face.  The entire first post you spent quibbling over how AA calls it an "illness" rather than a "disease".  The rest that followed were equally ridiculous.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 02, 2010, 08:21:51 PM »
You do have a talent for spotting details. Bravo.

And you have a talent of being a big baby when things don't go your way. I blew holes all through your AA dialog. Keep tossing peanuts at the gallery.
I didn't bother responding to your rant because it was so weak on it's face.  The entire first post you spent quibbling over how AA calls it an "illness" rather than a "disease".  The rest that followed were equally ridiculous.

Com'on Psy, you can do better then that, big difference between illness and disease. One can be mentally ill and get better, I could become ill with fever and get better. Now a disease, you don't get better. You have it for your life.

As I have always said, we of AA do not believe this (the AA folks I know), it is lazy AA members and folks like yourself that support this message. The first because they don't care to be responsible and the latter to have propaganda.

One last thing Psy, I think you don't debate this with me because unlike all your other rivals they could not really speak of the inner working of AA, as I.
 I agree with many of your grievances concerning AA which is why I have stepped back over the last 5 years. Though I feel compelled to come forward when I hear erroneous information written here.
 At least try to act like your not regurgitating information others have written about and that you are at least current on your propaganda.
Stand and fight, till there is no more.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 03, 2010, 01:42:37 PM »
Kids are grown 32 and 34 yrs of age.
Someone who is 34 years of age right now would have been born in 1976, perhaps even in late 1975.

According to other of your posts, Danny, you would have been about 16 years old and "just a kid," doing your time at Elan, at the time this child of yours was born.

Your second child would have - in all probability - also been born during your time at Elan, albeit when you were staff.

:eek:

Well you are right and I jumped a year on both, 8/77 and 4/79.
Hmm. That would mean that the mother of your children probably got pregnant in November or December of 1976, presuming a full-term pregnancy.

According to this rendition of your story posted on elanalum.com a month ago, you were still a student at Elan at the time:

Quote from: "dannyb50"
Thank you very much, My name is Daniel L. Bennison, I was in Elan from 6/75-1/77, Staff 1/77-2/78, Ass.Director 2/78-11/78. Worked with Marty, Jeff, Peter, Marc R., Rick R., Ken Z., Janet R. ect..... So there is enough folks to validate my employment and residency.
Fornits is much different then this site and I have always respected this site for it's authenticity and its commitment to Elan people.
If more Elan folks would just come here and share there thoughts, opinions no matter what they are and stay away from bashing one another, I believe they would find healing here through others words.

danny

However, according to this rendition of your story posted here on fornits a month and a half ago, you were already staff:

Elan 4 was a lock down facility, with a electric lock switch controlled in the staff office. The mens and womens dorms were upstairs. I don't remember any cells being upstairs on either floor.
I worked there for 14 months from 10/76 till 2/78 with Peter McCann Director, Rick Rosenhaus Assistant Director, Larry Smaller, Steve Smith and myself as staff...

Either way, regardless of whether you were still a student or were already a staff member, you were still at Elan. Was the mother of your children another Elan student?
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline SUCK IT

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 03, 2010, 03:11:31 PM »
Oh big surprise. This thread has turned into a group hate fest directed towards someone with unwelcome ideas and thoughts. Better get to work discrediting this poster with inconvenient ideas. Let the conspiracy theories roll!
one day at a time

Offline elangraduate

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 03, 2010, 03:24:57 PM »
SUCK IT when did you turn your PM function off and why did you do it?
« Last Edit: August 03, 2010, 03:38:39 PM by elangraduate »

Offline DannyB11

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 03, 2010, 03:30:20 PM »
OK, I tried to suppress the SUCK IT personality, but it came out anyway. You guys were trying to expose me and my self-defense mechanisms reacted automatically. You could even say it happens "powerlessly". Yes, I am definently powerless over my multiple personalities just as I am with drugs and alcohol. Sorry in advance if SUCK IT emerges from my psyche again and offends anyone.
Peace and Powerlessness
Danny
Peace and Powerlessness(TM)

Offline SUCK IT

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 03, 2010, 03:42:02 PM »
OK, back on topic,
The fact is AA is a success, and what makes it a success is the millions of people who participate in it. It's not a top down creation, it is a grass roots community based organization. It exists because people use it, participate in it, and spread the ideas and start their own groups. If it didn't do something, none of these things would happen. So obviously it's doing something that benefits the people who go to this voluntary organization. AA is not books, or steps or anything other than regular people participating in a group that helps them live their lives the way they want to. I'm sure AA can handle the handful of complaints directed at it from this website. You're talking about millions of people all over the world, versus a few anti treatment extremist in the dark corner of the internet seldom viewed. I take comfort in the fact AA is so successful, I believe in it and know it helps people and saves lives. The fact this bothers people says more about them than it does about AA, but haters gonna hate.
one day at a time

Offline elangraduate

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 03, 2010, 03:55:34 PM »
Quote from: "SUCK IT"
OK, back on topic,
The fact is AA is a success, and what makes it a success is the millions of people who participate in it. It's not a top down creation, it is a grass roots community based organization. It exists because people use it, participate in it, and spread the ideas and start their own groups. If it didn't do something, none of these things would happen. So obviously it's doing something that benefits the people who go to this voluntary organization. AA is not books, or steps or anything other than regular people participating in a group that helps them live their lives the way they want to. I'm sure AA can handle the handful of complaints directed at it from this website. You're talking about millions of people all over the world, versus a few anti treatment extremist in the dark corner of the internet seldom viewed. I take comfort in the fact AA is so successful, I believe in it and know it helps people and saves lives. The fact this bothers people says more about them than it does about AA, but haters gonna hate.

SUCK IT when did you turn your PM function off and why did you do it?  Was it after 25 May 2010, 21:23 ?  :roflmao:  :roflmao:

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 03, 2010, 04:52:13 PM »
Kids are grown 32 and 34 yrs of age.
Someone who is 34 years of age right now would have been born in 1976, perhaps even in late 1975.

According to other of your posts, Danny, you would have been about 16 years old and "just a kid," doing your time at Elan, at the time this child of yours was born.

Your second child would have - in all probability - also been born during your time at Elan, albeit when you were staff.

:eek:

Well you are right and I jumped a year on both, 8/77 and 4/79.
Hmm. That would mean that the mother of your children probably got pregnant in November or December of 1976, presuming a full-term pregnancy.

According to this rendition of your story posted on elanalum.com a month ago, you were still a student at Elan at the time:

Quote from: "dannyb50"
Thank you very much, My name is Daniel L. Bennison, I was in Elan from 6/75-1/77, Staff 1/77-2/78, Ass.Director 2/78-11/78. Worked with Marty, Jeff, Peter, Marc R., Rick R., Ken Z., Janet R. ect..... So there is enough folks to validate my employment and residency.
Fornits is much different then this site and I have always respected this site for it's authenticity and its commitment to Elan people.
If more Elan folks would just come here and share there thoughts, opinions no matter what they are and stay away from bashing one another, I believe they would find healing here through others words.

danny

However, according to this rendition of your story posted here on fornits a month and a half ago, you were already staff:

Elan 4 was a lock down facility, with a electric lock switch controlled in the staff office. The mens and womens dorms were upstairs. I don't remember any cells being upstairs on either floor.
I worked there for 14 months from 10/76 till 2/78 with Peter McCann Director, Rick Rosenhaus Assistant Director, Larry Smaller, Steve Smith and myself as staff...

Either way, regardless of whether you were still a student or were already a staff member, you were still at Elan. Was the mother of your children another Elan student?

Well when your in re-entry you can work as staff, as Matt did. So two months as re-entry and 12 months as employee. As far as my memory serves. Then again I could be wrong because I could care less about accuracy of my accounts 30 years ago at Elan.
I know for a fact there are many more discrepancies out there concerning my bio, some were planted on purpose and some were incidental. Happy hunting.

Offline DannyB11

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 03, 2010, 06:09:08 PM »
Yes, I have left a path of human carnage behind me for virtually my entire life. What can I say but, well, you guessed it: I was powerless to stop myself. From Elan to AA its been a heck of a ride. Alot of laughs for me but not for my family and those unfortunate enough to believe I was their friend. Hey, people get hurt and its their own fault cause they just dont understand my disease. The disease of addiction has granted me full immunity from any responsibility. It really rocks! I have been saddened, I must admit, that I haven't had more converts to the cult of Danny but I am sure my message is getting through.
Peace and Powerlessness
Danny
Peace and Powerlessness(TM)

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 03, 2010, 07:48:18 PM »
Quote from: "DannyB11"
OK, I tried to suppress the SUCK IT personality, but it came out anyway. You guys were trying to expose me and my self-defense mechanisms reacted automatically. You could even say it happens "powerlessly". Yes, I am definently powerless over my multiple personalities just as I am with drugs and alcohol. Sorry in advance if SUCK IT emerges from my psyche again and offends anyone.
Peace and Powerlessness
Danny

Interesting.  No wonder SUCK IT/Danny has been avoiding questions.

And you're not powerless over being an asshole.  Nor are you over alcohol....you have a choice to drink or not.  It doesn't pour itself down your throat.
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline SUCK IT

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 03, 2010, 07:54:04 PM »
Hi Anne Bonney

I don't avoid questions, but I do avoid extremist personalities not open to discussion. I don't think you are one of them really. I'm talking about PIle, elansgraduate, Dysfunction, people like that. I'm open to discuss my experiences with AA/NA with whoever wants to have an adult conversation.
one day at a time

Offline elangraduate

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 03, 2010, 07:57:48 PM »
Hi Anne Bonney

I don't avoid questions, but I do avoid extremist personalities not open to discussion. I don't think you are one of them really. I'm talking about PIle, elansgraduate, Dysfunction, people like that. I'm open to discuss my experiences with AA/NA with whoever wants to have an adult conversation.

SUCK IT always avoids the tough questions.  After all, that's his MO.

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 03, 2010, 08:04:16 PM »
Quote from: "Anne Bonney"
Quote from: "DannyB11"
Peace and Powerlessness
Danny

Interesting.  No wonder SUCK IT/Danny has been avoiding questions.

And you're not powerless over being an asshole.  Nor are you over alcohol....you have a choice to drink or not.  It doesn't pour itself down your throat.

Anne, please check the poster who is impersonating my username, different avatars. One is of a wolf, (me) and the other is Felicio's, "I wish I could get" fictional boyfriend.
Then we have Shaggy dog, which is probably Felicio again.
Anne why are you arguing a point that we already agree on. Your point is, you have no idea what the heck your talking about and we agree. Stop calling us names, you don't like it when others call you names, do you.

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 03, 2010, 08:05:26 PM »
Quote from: "elangraduate"
Hi Anne Bonney

SUCK IT always avoids the tough questions.  After all, that's his MO.

No he/we avoid you.