Author Topic: Wayne Kernochan  (Read 29877 times)

Offline none-ya

• View Profile
Re: Wayne Kernochan
« Reply #90 on: January 29, 2011, 09:00:08 PM »
Quote from: "DannyB II"
The Book
http://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?s ... 8161820497

A Life Gone Awry: My Story of the Elan School discussed Chapter One on the A Life Gone Awry: My Story of the Elan School discussion board.
A Life Gone Awry: My Story of the Elan School discussed Chapter Two on the A Life Gone Awry: My Story of the Elan School discussion board.
A Life Gone Awry: My Story of the Elan School discussed Chapter Three on the A Life Gone Awry: My Story of the Elan School discussion board.
A Life Gone Awry: My Story of the Elan School discussed Chapter Four on the A Life Gone Awry: My Story of the Elan School discussion board.
A Life Gone Awry: My Story of the Elan School discussed Chapter Five on the A Life Gone Awry: My Story of the Elan School discussion board.
A Life Gone Awry: My Story of the Elan School discussed Chapter Six on the A Life Gone Awry: My Story of the Elan School discussion board.

Everyone MUST  read this book!!!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
?©?€~¥@

Offline none-ya

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 29, 2011, 10:46:25 PM »
Better?
« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 05:41:15 PM by none-ya »
?©?€~¥@

Offline none-ya

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 29, 2011, 11:45:54 PM »
Danny you sent me more PMs And I still can't reply via pm. so I guess we do this here. I havn't "bagged" anyone nor do I wish to. What did you think would happen when YOU made fornits aware of this book to start with. With all the damage control and spin you'll need for this, why did you post it in the first place?
?©?€~¥@

Offline Dethgurl

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 30, 2011, 05:33:08 PM »
Quote from: "none-ya"
This is in response to a PM from Danny B. I would have responded privately but his PM is turned off, so here we go. out in the open. Sorry it had to be this way.

Delete messageReport private messageQuote messageWaynes Book
Sent: 38 minutes ago
To: none-ya  

WoW, you see this book and don't even care if it is true or not. Let's just promote it anyway. All because it has all the juicy shit that gets you rev'd up.
None Ya you been around a bit right. Let me give you a brief run down.
1. Donald Hampton was my roommate in Maine (he was black) we went back prior to Elan, calling him a niggar was like calling my brother a niggar.
2. Yvette Portella was my girlfriend for 2 years after she left Elan. (We were both out of Elan at the time).
3. Mike Calabrese was never in E-7 he was in E-3 (I did his intake evaluation). Several people can verify this.
4. Wayne has never brought anyone forward to back up any of these claims.
5. As I have said before I was never allowed to put anyone in the ring because I was to young. I also never wanted to in the first place, I hated the ring
and had several run-ins with the top brass over this subject. This is one of the biggest reasons I left.
6. Probably the most important one, why don't I remember this guy. Out of everybody else he has mentioned that I know he who he such a presence in his
first 2 months there, I don't know him.
Hey big guy I did work at Elan 17-19 yrs of age, but come on. You were in a program did you stick out amongst all others, the house he was in had 24 people
it was a small building 24x50 approximately, I would have noticed him.
What I think is happening here is a gifted writer found someone who is angry teamed up with some folks who know people who were there when I was there and
have concocted a story based upon half truths to fuck with me. I say this is cool but lets see it as it is.
I will not be talking about this publicly but at times I would like to speak with you if that is fine and feed you information (that will be cited for its accuracy,as best
I can). I hope this will be OK, if not please say so and not take my information and use it against me.
I sincerely doubt Wayne is real but in case it is true know this about this supposed person right after Elan he did time in Prison for a few years there he met 2 others that were in Elan back
in the seventies. One of them is talking to me, I have known him for years. According to him this is not Wayne but someone else, I not sure but I would make sense.
Anyone last bit of info is Wayne came from Connecticut within 20 miles from where I was from during 83-90, we know some of the same people.
None Ya, I get the anger, rage and resentment. I am not going to get in front of that or try to minimize his experiences, all I ask is I get the benefit of the doubt, a fair assessment.
I know I have blown it out my ass here but I learned and left. Fornits I found was not for me and my personality on a constant bases.
Don't judge to hard, old man. I was there 14 mons left at 19, thirty three years ago.

Danny

He can't be the only one. I believe as his book is finished,if there is in fact any truth to it , his single voice will become a thunderus chorus shouted from the rooftops for all to hear. And if not it will go away. I'm sure his facts will have to be verified by a publisher not wishing to be sued. His account of elan sure explains the strange behavour of some of the suvivors here on fornits.
Remember the way to reach somebody is to attack them, any way you can. I love you so I should beat you bloody with a paddle? If you took NO part in it in any way, then you should be protesting the goings on at elan too. I guess we'll have to see what comes of this won't we?
:seg2: http://http://www.facebook.com/pages/A-Life-Gone-Awry-My-Story-of-the-Elan-School/148998161820497#!/pages/A-Life-Gone-Awry-My-Story-of-the-Elan-School/148998161820497?v=info :seg2:
"The people, when they have been unchecked, have been as unjust, tyrannical, brutal, barbarous and cruel as any king or senate possessed of uncontrollable power.
The majority has eternally, and without one exception, usurped over the rights of the minority." ~John Adams

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 30, 2011, 06:15:03 PM »
Quote from: "DannyB II allegedly"
Don't judge to hard, old man. I was there 14 mons left at 19, thirty three years ago.

Danny
Danny, are you now saying that you were only at Elan for "14 months?"
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
clarification
« Reply #95 on: January 31, 2011, 06:04:20 PM »
Quote from: "Ursus"
Quote from: "DannyB II allegedly"

Danny
Danny, are you now saying that you were only at Elan for "14 months?"
I have received clarification from Danny via PM re. his time at Elan and, lest anyone else get the same erroneous impression that I did, post this excerpt here, fwiw:

I was referring to my employment history with Elan. I was staff/Ass.Director then staff again for 14 months, officially. I was other things for 7 months. For a total of 21 months. 2/77-11/78
And yep, for those who might be interested, I did obtain permission to post that. :nods:

Offline none-ya

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 04, 2011, 03:56:14 PM »
Has anyone forwarded a copy of this book to whooter? I'm sure he will go absolutely crazy not being able to post here about this.I'm sure somebody here knows how to reach him.  And to Ursus, I can't help but feel your comment about having permission to post a PM in the open, was directed my way, I tried to respond in PM,but he blocked me from doing so and then sent me 4 more.(which I WON'T post). Did I break a cardinal rule?
?©?€~¥@

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 04, 2011, 09:34:49 PM »
Quote from: "none-ya"
And to Ursus, I can't help but feel your comment about having permission to post a PM in the open, was directed my way, I tried to respond in PM,but he blocked me from doing so and then sent me 4 more.(which I WON'T post). Did I break a cardinal rule?
Why, no, I had my own reasons for posting that, which had nothing to do with you. I didn't mean to imply any judgment, if that's what I did. Sorry 'bout that, if that was how I came across!

:peace:

Offline Dethgurl

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 16, 2011, 10:08:12 AM »
My thoughts on Waynes Book by Danny Bennison

http://http://www.facebook.com/#!/topic.php?uid=2234330403&topic=15521

I have read Waynes book as many here. I will not be trying to compete with his writing skills nor length of his book. He beats me hands down. The book was mesmerizing to say the least. Names were brought up that I have not thought about in years (decades). Some of the people I have/had stayed in contact with throughout the years. So it was interesting to hear their thoughts on the book also. The chronicling of my work history was for the most part off but only by a few months, I was wrote about being at Elan 7 at a time I had already left.
I am not going to get in a big argument about the book at this time if ever. I don't see the need after all. Yes at first I wanted to jump all over it but I was encouraged not to by many. This story brought up old hurts, wounds and anger. I was a resident at Elan for almost 2 years, I watched Elan change into a violent atmosphere in a matter of years. I witnessed the change in residents being brought to Elan from Mental facilities, Juvenile detention centers, Autistic children ect....I watched Staff and Directors leave en-mass and I watched 3 people who are still there deny they are doing children harm, It is beyond shameful.
Back to the book, two people I will talk about that I felt were erroneously portrayed one was my best friend Donald Hampton. I knew Donald prior to coming to Elan, we met at YCC in R.I. We were residents together at Elan, became staff together.
Don was a black guy and while we worked at Elan we were roommmates, along with 3 other people. So I'm sorry I don't know where this racist "nigger shit" is coming from but ya got me confused with someone else. Donald left Elan because of the violence, he worked as staff for a whole 4 months. He hated Elan. AS far as calling people faggots and so forth, well ya got me there. During the football season in 76 George White, Wanye Barnes, Steve Sperry, Mike O'Neil, Alan Frey and others use to egg one another on across the lines calling each other faggots. We would wait to see if George was going to carry the ball and Dominic Parker and myself would call George a faggot if he ran away from us. As far as calling residents faggots as staff no I'm sorry once again not my style.
In early 1978 I was 18 years old and most of the people I wrote about above were my age or a year younger. I was in the program with them, hung out with them and kept in touch with three of them over the years. If you were from Rhode Island and followed college basketball and the NBA during the early 70's you knew Wayne Barnes older brother. His brother was paying for Wayne.
Second person is Mary Jones. Mary has been talked about a lot on this site and fornits. She was used to embarrass me. You guys remember the story of Mary being tied to the back of a Van and dragged around Elan. Now the story is Mary was beaten by 15 to 20 people. Well everyone that really knows Mary Jones finds this to be a bit incredulous. I'll tell you why, Mary had a kidney abnormality so she was never put in the ring or received any kind of physical punishment. This came down from Joe straight from Rhode Island. So I find this a tad difficult to understand because if she was beat she would definitely sustained injuries that probably would have killed her or very near. This is a fact, just ask anyone who knew Mary Jones from 75-79. I feel for Mary and they way she has been treated.
As I said I am not going to minimize this book. I am sure Wayne invested his soul in this book. I do believe it took a lot of courage to put yourself out there. To talk to a audience about what you experienced at 15 years old. No one could have prepared us for Elan and the mind fuck that happened to us. So no, I am not going to fight Wayne or anyone else over the barbarous abuses that went on.
If Wayne was in the House, Elan 7 as he said he was then we both know what I did and what I did not do. I do not have the luxury of remembering Wayne and for this I am sorry. It does not mean you were insignificant it just means I can not recollect.
Wayne I also want to take this time to apologize for any and all harm I caused you either directly or indirectly. I was put in charge to care for you (whether Elan wanted me to do this or not) I knew that you needed to be protected and I failed horribly.
I can only hope in time you can see just how sincere I am.

Now I would also like to take the time to express my sincere apologies to others to have gone to Elan that I was unkind to and down right rude to over the last year or so. As I have said before I could not have prepared myself enough to understand the impact of emotions that stormed back into my life when I ventured onto this site and others concerning Elan.
I did not handle the emotions from others well. I can only hope that Felice, Sharon, Matt, Mark, Wayne and others can forgive my intolerable behavior I displayed here and other sites a while back. My ongoing amends to you all has been to leave you alone and to empathize with your pain and how I can irritate this with my behavior.
I now understand that just by being staff and a Director will be enough for many of you to push me away. I am OK with this now. I guess I have acquired enough information so it is not as important to be heard as it is to listen. I have people I can go to to help me when I need it.
I was so naive and ignorant when I first got here because I had not put two 'n two together yet. This is a survivor site and I was staff. I had never really looked at myself that way. Being staff was just another phase of Elan until I left. I never had any intention of staying at Elan. I just had no other place to go and until I figured out what was next I thought I would just stay there. What was next came 20 months, when I moved to Louisiana and worked in the Gulf of Mexico on oil rigs. I have never looked back since.

Wayne thanks for a great book. Hey I have no problem really you using my name. I am sure I have injured you in some way. Just by being staff.
Just know this, I have a heart and a soul. I love and I am loved. I know what you went through and I am sorry I am a part of your life in the way I am.
Please think about this, you and I know what I did. Part of our healing process is getting honest about our past so we can forgive. Forgiveness does not mean you invite me into your life, forgiveness means we look at our past honestly and have no more illusions about it. We see it as it was and say Ok this is what happened and I am letting it go.

With my love in your healing process,

Danny

P.S. These were just some heartfelt thoughts I had.

Diane love you much.....
My little sister wrote to me the lyrics to the song "Daniel" from Elton John in 1975. I read this letter while sitting in my bunk in the mens dormitory. They converted the mens dormitory into Elan 7 eighteen months later.
I thought that had some significance here.

* I report, you decide :beat:
"The people, when they have been unchecked, have been as unjust, tyrannical, brutal, barbarous and cruel as any king or senate possessed of uncontrollable power.
The majority has eternally, and without one exception, usurped over the rights of the minority." ~John Adams

Offline liarsexposed

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 18, 2011, 09:58:11 AM »
Let me qualify a few statements.
1) This danny BS just drags this forum down
2) posting,reposting,crossposting only shows off how sick,vendictive,and childish this place is
I will not be reading this book,or any others. This cesspool of a site/Elan forum is dying a slow death. Alot like Elan is dying out. Seems the only purpose this place serves is the same as Elan ... To mess with others and show off how sick we all are
My participation has been,and will continue to be scaled back untill a) this forum is dormant b) the sick people arent participating.
This forum makes us all look retarded. It cannot be independently read by an outsider and make sense.
I totally support Wayne. If writing this book makes him feel better,or serves a purpose for him. .Thats great
The only purpose I have seen served is that he stirred up alot of emotions and memories that most people would prefer to not remember.
Personally,I havent any interest,or desire to remember how horrific my life was when I was a young teenager. I cant press any charges. I cant sue them
All I can do is try to get better. And get better I have.
I have had several discussions with a number of people who feel the same way. They log on here. They read the trash. They log off and shake their heads with pity for those who still live in E-3. Seems there are many stuck there. Perhaps its more than that. .I am not a doctor,and I wouldnt even care to guess what would make people do and say what they have.
Best of luck
Art

Offline Paul St. John

• View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 18, 2011, 01:09:29 PM »
Let me qualify a few statements.
1) This danny BS just drags this forum down
2) posting,reposting,crossposting only shows off how sick,vendictive,and childish this place is
I will not be reading this book,or any others. This cesspool of a site/Elan forum is dying a slow death. Alot like Elan is dying out. Seems the only purpose this place serves is the same as Elan ... To mess with others and show off how sick we all are
My participation has been,and will continue to be scaled back untill a) this forum is dormant b) the sick people arent participating.

I have to disagree with you here Art, even though I know were you are coming from, and certainly, there has been a lot of childish shit going on here, at numerous points, during the sites existence.

.. But all in all, I think that this site, has in fact, not only spread awareness, but motivated and empowered people, also, to go forward in numerous other ways, spreading awareness.

If there is a bigger, longer- lasting site, that exists for the purpose that this one does, I don t know of it.

I think that the existence of this site has had a huge impact on Elan, and the other treatment centers as well. I think that if this site did not exist, the world would actually be a different place today.  Not all things that could be traced back to this site, would be self-evident, but still I am certain of it's impact.

Paul St. John

PS I know that I have said this before, and it may appear that I am a broken record, or that I got a thing for her or something, but Ginger should be aware of what she has done.
This site did not have to exist.  Someone had to make it, and since, it has effected the lives of so many.

If it was so unimportant, there would not be so many against it. The power of good people coming together is a great thing.

Someday, all these place will be completly gone, and there will be actual documentaries about all this shit, and Fornits will have a big place in them, or at least that's what I think.

And you re right Art, Elan , is dying, but don t you think that the spreading of it's reality has something to do with that.  The Skakel case may have started a fire, but if not fed, that fire would have burnt out quickly..

And another thing... just while on it's on my mind... Yes, Elan, is dying off, but the battle is not over yet.  They are still there, and I am sure that everyone will agree they should not be.  It's not done til they're gone. ( Damn I would hate me if I was them..lol) But right is right.

I am not a big fan of Obama, but he ran an excellent election campaign.  One of the things he did, that really impressed me, was that right at the end, when it seemed certain that he had it in the bag, he campaigned harder then ever, and spread that idea to his people ( as in supporters).  .. that it was never over til it was over... Don't win.. decimate.

Offline liarsexposed

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 18, 2011, 04:17:13 PM »
.. But all in all, I think that this site, has in fact, not only spread awareness, but motivated and empowered people, also, to go forward in numerous other ways, spreading awareness.
I think you are right Paul. .But I also think that the negative here,overpowers any good that could come from it. A person would have to slough through years of bullshit to find something real... and Google is inistantanious. any parent looking to place their child anywhere,has certainly used Google or any other search engines to get info.. I cant see a concerned parent reading through Babitz/Reporter's details about anal sex toys and how to use them. Or participating in a chant of Hi-Ya's.

If it was so unimportant, there would not be so many against it. The power of good people coming together is a great thing.

I wouldnt know who was for,or against Fornits. I am really just uninterested in that crap

And another thing... just while on it's on my mind... Yes, Elan, is dying off, but the battle is not over yet. They are still there, and I am sure that everyone will agree they should not be. It's not done til they're gone. ( Damn I would hate me if I was them..lol) But right is right.

Battle has been over for 30 plus years. Elan is almost gone. Another year,maybe.. I/we will never recover the years lost,or have the memory any less no mattter what happens. I am sure Sharon doesnt like to even go to Poland Springs.. Its a dump

The power of good people coming together is a great thing.

Paul..  I have yet to see this happen. I would've liked to, many years ago, but I truly havent seen it. Today very little interest in anything regarding Elan.
This is not a "slam" on fornits. Its the reality of those who participate and are responsible for the demise of this place. Those who represent Elan here,are not the mainstream of Survivors. Tell me that Marky and Sharon are Stellar citizens  .... I'll laugh some more. Lets not forget about Marky's dozens of screen names. LOL
Have a good weekend Paul

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 05, 2011, 12:20:46 AM »
« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 11:14:33 AM by Anonymous »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 05, 2011, 12:22:20 AM »
« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 11:14:07 AM by Anonymous »

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 05, 2011, 12:36:54 AM »
I've have all my ducks in a roll now, so life moves on.
When *I* have all my ducks in a roll, I make sure the bread's lightly toasted and well-buttered. Mm, mm, smackers!