Author Topic: Programs In Behrens Study Charged with Abuse  (Read 17081 times)

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
Re: Programs In Behrens Study Charged with Abuse
« Reply #105 on: July 30, 2010, 09:57:08 PM »
Quote from: "Dysfunction Junction"
The studY (you said "studIES" but there's only one - don't want to mislead people, do you?) is there for marketing purposes.  When it came time to publish the results of phase two, which was data collected on kids up to a year out of the program back in 2007, Aspen self-censored it.  They punted.

Ever notice that the only place this work is even shown on the internet is Aspen's troubled-teen funneling sites?  No scientific journals, no peer review, no follow up...no NOTHING.  Just the Aspen marketing page.  Very telling, huh?

You forgot the APA convention.  They do use it for marketing and to show off to their competitors how good they are, as they should.  Anyone who has great study results on their product would be crazy not to leverage the information and get it out there.  I cant think of one study which wouldn't.

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 30, 2010, 10:06:27 PM »
Quote from: "Whooter"
Anyone who has great study results on their product would be crazy not to leverage the information and get it out there. I cant think of one study which wouldn't.

And thusly you have proven my point.  

Phase two of Behrens was completed in 2007 and never published or presented anywhere.  Therefore, either Aspen marketing is crazy, or they have a study with bad results.  

They ain't crazy.  They have a study that they'd be crazy to release.

Finally the truth comes to the surface of all of your BS spam-trolling.
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 30, 2010, 10:15:56 PM »
Anyone who has great study results on their product would be crazy not to leverage the information and get it out there. I cant think of one study which wouldn't.

Phase two of Behrens was completed in 2007 and never published or presented anywhere.  Therefore, either Aspen marketing is crazy, or they have a study with bad results.  

Well, you need to consider who they are trying to get to read the study.  They presented it to the professional community and now they are presenting it to the people who will benefit most from it.. parents with troubled kids.  I never referred to journals when I was considering placement.  If publishing it in journals would benefit them then I am sure they would do it.  If they felt it wasnt any good then they would not have it on their web sites or have presented it at the APA Convention.
I think you need to step back and look at what is in everyone's best interest.

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 30, 2010, 10:31:54 PM »

Oh yeah, they considered the audience alright.  They concluded it would hurt the bottom line, so they punted it.
The Linchpin Link

**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 30, 2010, 10:40:10 PM »

Oh yeah, they considered the audience alright.  They concluded it would hurt the bottom line, so they punted it.

Anything is possible business is business.  But right now we just dont know.

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 30, 2010, 10:46:01 PM »
Yeppers.  Business is business and business is utilitarian.  If doing something will yield profit, they will do it.  If it will hurt profits, they won't.  

This study was complete three years ago.  Do you really want us to believe, for a nanosecond, that if Aspen thought they could use it to make money they wouldn't do it?  That's crazytalk.
The Linchpin Link

- Troll Control

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 02, 2010, 06:53:31 PM »
Yeppers.  Business is business and business is utilitarian.  If doing something will yield profit, they will do it.  If it will hurt profits, they won't.  

This study was complete three years ago.  Do you really want us to believe, for a nanosecond, that if Aspen thought they could use it to make money they wouldn't do it?  That's crazytalk.

Anybody locate the "long lost phase two" of the Behrens study on abusive Aspen Education facilities?  That research was completed over three years ago, but Aspen never released it.  

I wonder what could have been in it that was so bad even the shameless marketers at Aspen couldn't spin it to their favor...?
The Linchpin Link

- Troll Control

Offline Pile of Dead Kids

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 02, 2010, 07:01:36 PM »
Honestly? Odds are a shitload of Aspen victims wouldn't even talk to them. When a large chunk of your supposed survey base ceases contact with a "Fuck you" when you try to do a follow-up, and some of the remainder intentionally score low just because they fucking hate you, it's not going to come out well no matter how you spin it.
...Sergey Blashchishen, James Shirey, Faith Finley, Katherine Rice, Ashlie Bunch, Brendan Blum, Caleb Jensen, Alex Cullinane, Rocco Magliozzi, Elisa Santry, Dillon Peak, Natalynndria Slim, Lenny Ortega, Angellika Arndt, Joey Aletriz, Martin Anderson, James White, Christening Garcia, Kasey Warner, Shirley Arciszewski, Linda Harris, Travis Parker, Omega Leach, Denis Maltez, Kevin Christie, Karlye Newman, Richard DeMaar, Alexis Richie, Shanice Nibbs, Levi Snyder, Natasha Newman, Gracie James, Michael Owens, Carlton Thomas, Taylor Mangham, Carnez Boone, Benjamin Lolley, Jessica Bradford's unnamed baby, Anthony Parker, Dysheka Streeter, Corey Foster, Joseph Winters, Bruce Staeger, Kenneth Barkley, Khalil Todd, Alec Lansing, Cristian Cuellar-Gonzales, Janaia Barnhart, a DRA victim who never even showed up in the news, and yet another unnamed girl at Summit School...

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 05, 2010, 11:37:06 AM »
Quote from: "DannyB II"
Whooter,

just wanted to say, we think your doing a great job.

danny

Thanks,  It took a long time to get to this point where we could finally discuss the details of the study instead of denying it exists.

We don't deny it exists.....we just know it's biased and paid for by Aspen - the very program it's evaluating, has no follow up, is not a clinical study and is not longitidinal.  So, in other words....it's useless.
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 05, 2010, 11:59:12 AM »
Quote from: "Anne Bonney"
Quote from: "DannyB II"
Whooter,

just wanted to say, we think your doing a great job.

danny

Thanks,  It took a long time to get to this point where we could finally discuss the details of the study instead of denying it exists.

We don't deny it exists.....we just know it's biased and paid for by Aspen - the very program it's evaluating, has no follow up, is not a clinical study and is not longitidinal.  So, in other words....it's useless.

If you want to call feedback from a 1,000 fellow survivors useless  (not 6 or 7 opinions from fornits), rather a 1,000 kids.  No matter how hard you try you cannot silence their voices.  They have a right to be heard.  Here take a look at what they said:

Residential Treatment Outcome-Study

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 05, 2010, 12:36:45 PM »
If you want to call feedback from a 1,000 fellow survivors (Freudian slip) useless  (not 6 or 7 opinions from fornits), rather a 1,000 kids.  No matter how hard you try you cannot silence their voices.  They have a right to be heard.

Yes, they do and so do we.  But you give so much credibility to them filing out an exit survey, which is nothing more than anecdotal stories, but you give zero credibility to us when do the same.  AND....we provide you with true clinical studies and you refuse to accept them.

Here take a look at what they said:

Yes, that's an exit survey with zero follow up.  How does that even remotely qualify as "proof"?  I remember after "graduating" Straight, I was asked by the 'exit staff' about my experience there.  I lied my ass off for months, even years, for fear that if I told the truth, I'd be sent right back.

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 05, 2010, 12:38:31 PM »
And let's not forget.....

Programs In Behrens Study Charged with Abuse

We all know about Mount Bachelor Academy's recent closure due to child abuse and neglect and that Aspen Education has claimed in court that it provides no therapy.  

MBA was one of the programs that was studied in Behrens' work.  The fact that MBA was closed for abusing children and that Behrens concluded MBA was "effective" despite offering no therapy and abusing hundreds of children is terribly troubling to say the least.

Here's a list of the all of the programs she looked at:

Academy at Swift River, Aspen Ranch, Copper Canyon Academy, Mount Bachelor Academy, Stone Mountain School, Pine Ridge Academy, SunHawk Academy,Turnabout Ranch, and Youth Care, Inc.

Academy at Swift River has been cited by state authorities for child abuse.  

How many of the others have been as well?  Are there any untainted entities in this study?

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 05, 2010, 02:14:41 PM »

Yes, that's an exit survey with zero follow up.  How does that even remotely qualify as "proof"?  I remember after "graduating" Straight, I was asked by the 'exit staff' about my experience there.  I lied my ass off for months, even years, for fear that if I told the truth, I'd be sent right back.

Not everyone lies like you Anne.  There are many people who tell the truth everyday, all day.  You need to listen to fellow survivors without assuming they are lying and here are 1,000 of them:

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 05, 2010, 02:18:15 PM »

Not everyone lies like you Anne.  There are many people who tell the truth everyday, all day.  You need to listen to fellow survivors without assuming they are lying and here are 1,000 of them:

Prove one thing I've lied about.

Just as you need to listen to all of us saying how abusive it is/was without assuming we're lying.  There have been plenty of us who've had almost identical stories, coming out of different facilities because most of them use the same basic techniques that Straight did, although the programs now are much better at dressing it up for the marks....er, parents.

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 05, 2010, 02:22:53 PM »

Prove one thing I've lied about.

I lied my ass off for months, even years.

Need I say more?