Author Topic: Tranquility Bay parents on attack  (Read 12932 times)

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
Re: Tranquility Bay parents on attack
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2010, 12:16:05 PM »
Quote from: "Ursus"
Quote from: "DannyB II"
Pile this does not concern itself with the, "Streissand Effect". I don't believe they are trying to suppress the information, they want it out in public, they want every single bit of it out for the public to see.
:roflmao:  Somehow, I have my doubts about that...
Quote from: "Whooter"
Anyone who would say that parents would want to keep it a secret hasn't met program parents before or do not have an understanding of the situation. I don't know a parent who would be ashamed of sending a child to Wilderness or a Program. There are those who argue that a child should never be separated from the family for any reason, but aside from that most people feel that the parents went over and above trying to help their child and admire their dedication to helping their children.
I laughed about this earlier, 'cuz even though these parents might want SOME of this case out in the public, I'm sure they don't want ALL of it ... and that is not something you can control once the press starts airing all the dirty laundry.

However, Whooter is right when it comes to dyed in the wool program parents, and, with all due respect as I'm sure the situation's complex, these would be them alright...

Ursus,
Ya know what is really laughable is how you "think", your arrogance is overshadowing your common sense.
Here let me help you, Tranquility Bay is going to get plenty publicity out of this no matter what happens and your cause will take another hit as being a extremist fringe group. Because you lack organization and discipline.
That is the shame, nobody is above morality.
In case your confused I am not a advocate for TB.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Stand and fight, till there is no more.

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2010, 12:20:57 PM »
I'd like to see the anonymity of the 'net' protected, but I almost hope these parents would get their wish.  Let's face it....TB was one of the worst and if they do get their way, all that shit will come pouring out and it will have a much bigger 'audience' this time.
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2010, 12:25:49 PM »
Pile this does not concern itself with the, "Streissand Effect". I don't believe they are trying to suppress the information, they want it out in public, they want every single bit of it out for the public to see.
:roflmao:  Somehow, I have my doubts about that...
Anyone who would say that parents would want to keep it a secret hasn't met program parents before or do not have an understanding of the situation. I don't know a parent who would be ashamed of sending a child to Wilderness or a Program. There are those who argue that a child should never be separated from the family for any reason, but aside from that most people feel that the parents went over and above trying to help their child and admire their dedication to helping their children.
I laughed about this earlier, 'cuz even though these parents might want SOME of this case out in the public, I'm sure they don't want ALL of it ... and that is not something you can control once the press starts airing all the dirty laundry.

However, Whooter is right when it comes to dyed in the wool program parents, and, with all due respect as I'm sure the situation's complex, these would be them alright...
Ursus,
Ya know what is really laughable is how you "think", your arrogance is overshadowing your common sense.
Here let me help you, Tranquility Bay is going to get plenty publicity out of this no matter what happens and your cause will take another hit as being a extremist fringe group. Because you lack organization and discipline.
That is the shame, nobody is above morality.
In case your confused I am not a advocate for TB.
What "cause" would that be, Danny? Somehow, I find it a real stretch to think of myself as "extremist" or "fringe," but perhaps you know something that some of us don't!  :D
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2010, 12:36:20 PM »
Quote from: "Anne Bonney"
I'd like to see the anonymity of the 'net' protected, but I almost hope these parents would get their wish.  Let's face it....TB was one of the worst and if they do get their way, all that shit will come pouring out and it will have a much bigger 'audience' this time.

It is either right or it is not.  We cant just say this person is protected but this other one is not because of our personal beliefs.

Lets say some Green Peace spin-off fringe group felt your gasoline engine on your boat was killing too many fish in the harbor.  Would that give them the right to post your personal info all over the internet?

Something to think about

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2010, 12:37:31 PM »
I'd like to see the anonymity of the 'net' protected, but I almost hope these parents would get their wish. Let's face it....TB was one of the worst and if they do get their way, all that shit will come pouring out and it will have a much bigger 'audience' this time.
Well... this isn't the first time this case graced the public's reading roster. Previously, a lawsuit was filed against Tranquility Bay on behalf of the adolescent in question, Isaac Hersh. That suit was filed by friends and family which, incidentally, did not include his parents. After all, they sent him away in the first place, and were, apparently, quite unapologetic about said decision.

The case first splashed 'cross the New York papers in late March of 2008. At the time, there was even (very) brief mention of it in The New York Times:

City Room · March 25, 2008, 9:06 am

A battle has erupted in an Orthodox Jewish community over a Brooklyn teenager, Isaac Hersh, 16, who was sent by his family to a behavioral "boot camp" in Jamaica that his lawyer says has abused him. The boy's father, Michael Hersh, is chief executive of a large Orthodox volunteer ambulance service, Hatzalah; the boy, one of eight children, had been living with another Orthodox family in Texas.[/list]
    -------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
    « Reply #20 on: July 22, 2010, 12:47:57 PM »

It is either right or it is not.  We cant just say this person is protected but this other one is not because of our personal beliefs.

Lets say some Green Peace spin-off fringe group felt your gasoline engine on your boat was killing too many fish in the harbor.  Would that give them the right to post your personal info all over the internet?

Something to think about

Which is why I indicated that I"m a little torn about it and said I 'almost hope'.

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
    « Reply #21 on: July 22, 2010, 12:48:57 PM »
    What "cause" would that be, Danny? Somehow, I find it a real stretch to think of myself as "extremist" or "fringe," but perhaps you know something that some of us don't!  :D

Anyone who dares disagree with DannyBoi is an extremist.  Don't you know that by now Ursus?  :seg2:

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
    « Reply #22 on: July 22, 2010, 12:54:05 PM »

Anyone who dares disagree with DannyBoi is an extremist.  Don't you know that by now Ursus?  :seg2:

Now Anna Banana, you know that is not true. Just the other day I agreed that you are hot, so there.
    Well I'm sorry, that was the only thing I have agreed on around here in awhile.
    I also thought we had made headway on AA.

Joel

Edited: Wednesday, October 06, 2010
    « Reply #23 on: July 22, 2010, 12:57:22 PM »
    Edited: Wednesday, October 06, 2010
    « Last Edit: October 07, 2010, 06:35:51 PM by Joel »

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
    « Reply #24 on: July 22, 2010, 12:57:37 PM »

Now Anna Banana, you know that is not true. Just the other day I agreed that you are hot,

Damn...I was only joking about the pic of my ass hanging on your bedroom wall.

Oh!  So you now realize it has it's faults?  You read Valliant's own study which shows AA, at BEST, to be as effective as doing nothing and even worse, actually raised the death rate among drunks?  I didn't realize.  Glad you came around.

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
    « Reply #25 on: July 22, 2010, 01:05:35 PM »

Now Anna Banana, you know that is not true. Just the other day I agreed that you are hot,

Damn...I was only joking about the pic of my ass hanging on your bedroom wall.

Oh!  So you now realize it has it's faults?  You read Valliant's own study which shows AA, at BEST, to be as effective as doing nothing and even worse, actually raised the death rate among drunks?  I didn't realize.  Glad you came around.

:shamrock:  :shamrock:  :shamrock:

I give you the (3) rocks, to help deliver your confused thoughts to another time when you felt harmony with your fellow bro's, of AA.

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
    « Reply #26 on: July 22, 2010, 01:07:49 PM »

I give you the (3) rocks,

What?  Is that like the rock that keeps the tigers away?  That shit WORKS!!!!!!

to help deliver your confused thoughts to another time when you felt harmony with your fellow bro's, of AA.

That time never existed.  I never felt any harmony with Stepcrafters.

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
    « Reply #27 on: July 22, 2010, 01:15:15 PM »
    The video of Tranquility Bay was really disturbing to watch; it made Straight seem like a walk in the park.

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
    « Reply #28 on: July 22, 2010, 01:17:02 PM »

I give you the (3) rocks,

What?  Is that like the rock that keeps the tigers away?  That shit WORKS!!!!!!

to help deliver your confused thoughts to another time when you felt harmony with your fellow bro's, of AA.

That time never existed.  I never felt any harmony with Stepcrafters.

This is conversation is off topic so I will see you around....
    bye

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
    « Reply #29 on: July 22, 2010, 01:20:04 PM »
    Quote from: "Froderik"
    The video of Tranquility Bay was really disturbing to watch; it made Straight seem like a walk in the park.

I thought that too and when I first started looking into all this shit (TTI as a whole) years back.   I thought we'd be hard pressed to find much worse than Straight.  We were wrong.  It got a LOT worse.