Author Topic: PFC/KHK RECORDS DISPOSAL  (Read 2035 times)

Offline Rusty Goat

• View Profile
PFC/KHK RECORDS DISPOSAL
« on: September 28, 2009, 11:19:27 AM »
ISAC Corporation has received an unconfirmed report that Pathway Family Center sent out an announcement to former parent/clients that it intended to destroy their records on September 1, 2009. ISAC Corporation is seeking a copy of this announcement.

Former parents/clients of the Michigan, Ohio and Indiana PFC program from 2003 to 2009 are strongly urged to contact ISAC Corporation email: [email protected] as soon as possible to discuss this matter. Please identify the subject as PFC RECORDS DISPOSAL.

This request includes parents/clients from Kids Helping Kids in Ohio from 2003 until PFC closed earlier this year.

If there are any survivors out there who know of any former PFC clients/parents from the 2003-2009 time frame, please pass along this announcement asap. Feel free to post this in other forums.

Thank you,

RG
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Rusty Goat

• View Profile
Re: PFC/KHK RECORDS DISPOSAL
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2010, 11:05:49 PM »
Here's one you can add to the trash...  :roflmao: :

Dear Robin Cronin, PFC Director MI as of 1-22-09,

I would like to know why you believe that keeping a 14 year old boy and anyone else on Level One for over 7 consecutive months is considered to be valid drug treatment. No psychologist, therapist, doctor, lawyer or general public person I have spoken to in this regard has shared this belief. They are simply stunned that this kind of situation exists in 2009. The only people supporting this activity are the people who are doing it.

According to the Michigan Department of Community Health, Pathway Family Center is licensed as an "outpatient" facility. Even though the host homes it incorporates are not licensed, Pathway Family Center subjects its Level One clients to its form of treatment 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. For someone to be kept on this level is nothing short of torture. It might not be what you would consider traditional torture, but then again, you are not the one that has been kept on Level One for over 225 days.

The Pathway Family Center senior therapist V.W. has been alleged by several STRAIGHT Inc. survivors to have also been on staff when the program was called STRAIGHT, Inc. Pathway Family Center can claim success only after its clients are deliberately and successfully coerced by demonstrated methods of thought reform which include the use of various forms of physical and psychological coercion and emotional extortion.

Although I am not surprised in the least, I am very disappointed that you expect that parents who love their children to abstain from talking to me. After all, this is America, the "Land of the Free". You have no business or place to be ordering a mother to stop caring about her child. You cannot force people to be sorry for their honorably based beliefs and high standards. At this point, your actions of keeping xxxxx xxxxx on Level One for over 7 months is proof enough to me that you are exhibiting neither honor nor high standards.

I strongly urge that you reconsider your position and immediately release xxxxx xxxxx.

Sincerely,

William Earnshaw, Sr.
President, ISAC Corporation
www.isaccorp.org

Offline Rusty Goat

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2010, 10:35:29 PM »
I don't know why I'm doing this, but I'm just pasting some letters that I wrote to various high level official folks back when PFC was still open. Instead of throwing them in the trash, I'm posting them here for posterity and whatever other uses become of them. Keep in mind that 99% of them were left either unanswered or categorically dismissed due to ISAC having been a 3rd party. Notice how PFC got $15,000, the most of all the recipients...

This letter was to the Attorney General there in Indiana... they never followed up.

"To Whom it May Concern,                                                               January 12, 2009

The Indiana Attorney General must immediately act on this situation. Pathway Family Center has been holding at least one 14 year old boy on its Level One for 221 consecutive days. The LaPorte County judges, in collaboration with the Drug Free Partnership, have contributed financial resources to aid in the systematic physical and psychological abuse of clients in the Pathway Family Center program. The Indiana Department of Mental Health and Addiction licenses the Indianapolis Pathway Family Center. There are reports of similar lengths of time spent on Level One at this facility. This practice is not limited to the Michigan facility.

A partial list of those involved, to varying extents, in this behavior include the following agencies, individuals, organizations and entities:

Pathway Family Center
Drug Free America Foundation
Drug Free Partnership
Office of National Drug Control Policy
CADC of Porter County
Porter County Commissioners
Porter County Council
Porter County Sheriff
LaPorte County judges
DMHS/FSSA
CARF
ODADAS (Ohio)
Michigan Department of Community Health (MDCH)
Bureau of Health Systems (licensing PFC in MI)

Of peculiar interest is this website: http://www.laportecounty.net/drugfree/index.html  ; The "Passages Group" link on that page goes to a site about a man named Bill Oliver. This man was the national director for STRAIGHT, Inc. which is what the Drug Free America Foundation is called today, however, the treatment modality from that program remains intact at all Pathway Family Center facilities.

Here is the story from The News Dispatch in Michigan City, IN.

http://thenewsdispatch.com/main.asp?Sec ... M=42939.56

Judges helped collect fines for grants

Jeane Bock

Thank you to our La Porte County judges! Because our judges have been so diligent in collecting drug offense related fines, the Drug Free Partnership has more than $160,000 to appropriate in grants this year.

How does this work? Funding is obtained through court-imposed fines from convicted alcohol and drug related offenders. By state law, it is placed into the Community Drug Free Fund. Seventy-five percent of these funds are annually awarded through a grant process to community organizations and individuals involved in designing and implementing projects and services addressing the actions recommended in the Drug Free Partnership's County Plan.

The Partnership attacks this complicated issue via a three-pronged approach: prevention and education, treatment and justice. Twenty La Porte County projects are being funded this year.

Six justice grants are being awarded: La Porte County Sheriff Breathalyzers, $5,574; Teen Court, La Porte, $8,045; Teen Court, Michigan City, $8,635; La Porte Metro Operations Drug Task Force, $7,500; La Porte Police Department, $4,800 for portable breath tests; Risk Reduction/Women's Groups at Bradley Center, $800.

There are nine prevention grants and projects: TRIAD pill drops, $1,000; South Central Junior/Senior High School self-esteem program, $1,977; Community Corrections Teacher, $9,600; Project Ed, $10,000; County Jail Relapse Through Employment Mentor and Education, $8,600; Boys and Girls Club, $8,738; YANA, $1,000; Special Red Ribbon Projects, $2,000; Youth Making Moves, $2,000; Special Coalition Projects, $4,000; Drug Free Partnership, $2,816 for coalition building and public education.

Also, we're giving six treatment grants: Prenatal Substance Use Prevention Program at Dunebrook, $5,000; Pathway Family Center for adolescent treatment, $15,000; Open Door Adolescent Treatment, $8,250; Community Corrections In-House Treatment, $5,000; County Jail Substance Abuse Treatment, $8,500; It Takes a Village Community Action Board/Rejoice, $10,000.

Subsequent columns will focus on some of these programs so you can read firsthand what is going on in our county, the problems we see, the stories we hear and what is being done. So, thank you, honorable judges Kathleen B. Lang, Steven E. King, Paul J. Baldoni and William J. Boklund for all your support in 2008. We could not do this without you.

Drug Free Partnership meetings are held at noon the first Wednesday of each month, alternating between Michigan City and La Porte, and are open to the public. Call (219) 363-9550 for locations.

For more information please contact me via email.

Sincerely,

William Earnshaw, Sr.
President, ISAC Corporation"

Offline Rusty Goat

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2010, 09:29:42 PM »
This one was dated January 2, 2009. Jim Lapczinsky was the legal counsel supervisor for ODADAS, Kendra Ballenger was the licensing supervisor at the Indiana Dept. of Mental Health and Addiction.

"Dear Kendra and Jim,

Pathway Family Center in Southfield Michigan ceased treatment operations as of Friday January 30, 2009. However, due to the surprise nature of the closure in Southfield, recent allegations coming to light in Indianapolis and patterns developed by PFC and its predecessor STRAIGHT, Inc., ISAC Corporation believes that PFC may cease operations in Indiana in the relative near future.

Parents in Michigan have indicated concerns regarding unused treatment fees not being refunded as per contract agreements. Similar concerns may also exist at the Indianapolis facility. Some of the clients who were in the Southfield facility have been transferred to the Indianapolis facility. According to at least one parent statement, it was reported that the schooling that was offered to her child was determined to equal zero credits towards the client's school district curriculum from the time starting at the beginning of the 2008-9 school year. This would indicate an atmosphere that suggests neglect on the part of PFC as per state law requirements regarding school-aged children. This is not to be construed as an isolated incident.

Considering the fact that, among other recent allegations, PFC had kept at least one Michigan client on LEVEL ONE for over 8 consecutive months, it is extremely likely that this too, is not an isolated case. There has also been a report of a current client being kept on Level One in Indianapolis for more than 9 months. ISAC Corporation believes that CARF has not responded to the most recent allegations against PFC. Furthermore, CARF appears to enjoy no oversight from any federal or state agency that would force it to act upon these allegations.

Both ODADAS and MDCH have indicated a willingness to consider future re-openings of this program. ISAC Corporation believes that the agencies entrusted to serve the public safety and well being of clients in PFC are deliberately ignoring and dismissing complaints about this program. The treatment of adolescents by PFC is inherently abusive and should be immediately stopped. Continuing to support, license, authorize, advertise, promote, condone or otherwise endorse this treatment modality only serves to create greater potential liabilities for all parties involved in its use.

Sincerely,

William Earnshaw, Sr.

Offline Rusty Goat

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2010, 09:36:14 PM »
FYI, I was ecstatic when I found out later that year that the DMHA and DCS in Indiana were aggressively pursuing the cancellation of the DCS 5 county outpatient services contract, WOOPS, yeah, PFC really really really screwed up on that one.  :beat:  I know that Indy PFC did not announce their intention to move or become evicted to either of those agencies prior to the notification that was sent to DMHA/DCS by ISAC and an angry PFC parent. By law, PFC was supposed to keep DMHA and all of the other agencies advised of their intentions, decisions, etc... but they had a bad habit of not complying with the law. We did a better job of accountability in that regard than they did,  :roflmao: Furthermore, I truly believe that the inherent  ::fullofshit:: design of the program ultimately killed it, thus it was just a matter of a very short time once the snowball started rolling. PFC's demise goes to prove just how ludicrous STRAIGHT Inc style treatment really is/was in the modern sense. I hope folks will read about this and not cater to this quack therapy BS.

Offline wdtony

• View Profile
    • http://www.pfctruth.com
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2010, 03:25:56 AM »
So where did Nissley go?  I am hearing conflicting stories. Not that I am all that interested in her anymore.

Keep the thread going, I'll keep reading it.
Pathway Family Center Truth = http://www.pfctruth.com

Offline Rusty Goat

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2010, 11:43:20 AM »
This was to the Mayor of Southfield Michigan, where PFC resided. Typically, the mayor of a city works closely with its police dept on issues regarding public safety and crimes against children. It could have been proven by several witnesses that PFC was engaging in criminal and unsafe behavior involving the treatment of more than one of their clients there in Southfield. Hence, a letter campaign to the Southfield Police Dept. was launched by Survivors and then current PFC parents and ISAC. After "investigating", the SPD found nothing wrong. The dad had a lot of influence since he was paying the bill and we all know how the program uses emotional/psychological extortion to coerce clients into being subservient puppies. So, with that, here's the letter... btw, there's no report about the level system, as PFC suddenly closed.

" Dear Mayor,                                                January 20, 2009

Pathway Family Center has been using the STRAIGHT, Inc. treatment modality in Southfield for over a decade and a half. I am not sure if you are familiar with drug treatment modalities, however, a simple Google search using the keyword STRAIGHT, Inc. will show you that it is nothing but torture for profit to make kids drug free. Awards, grants and other accolades have been showered upon this program by high ranking government officials, various government agencies and even former clients and their parents. What is not being told is the damage that this program is doing to the kids that are placed there by parents who believe they are doing the right thing.

Of particular concern today is the case of a 14 year old boy who has been in the program on its Level One status for over 7 months. This boy does not belong in this program. In fact, no child belongs in this program. There are many people who are working to end the tragic legacy that surrounds this form of "treatment". As you may not be primarily concerned, given your position as Mayor, I will understand if you are unable to assist in having at least this boy immediately removed. CPS does not cover programs, only parents. MDCH licenses this facility with an apparent severe lack of understanding about what that treatment modality does to kids. There is very little oversight and if someone complains, the program stays open regardless of the outcome of any investigation. There has been a report of a female client who has been there for over 2 years. Information regarding her situation will be forthcoming in the near future. The point here is that nobody seems to care that a kid is being subjected to this type of treatment, the mother wants him out but the program will not even allow her to talk to her own child. She has joint legal/physical custody rights but the program is overstepping its boundaries and not allowing her access to him. Pathway Family Center advertises its services as an "outpatient" program, but operates as if it were a residential program without any licensing for the host homes it uses. This is a severe problem.

I am preparing a detailed report about the level system used by Pathway Family Center which will be made available in the coming days. Please make an effort to address this situation as soon as possible.

For more information please contact me either via email or at the below referenced number. (redacted)

Sincerely,

William Earnshaw, Sr.

Offline Rusty Goat

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2010, 10:41:47 PM »
This is becoming more of one of my favorites, as Terri and her gang stay on the down low while hiding out from Uncle Sam,  :roflmao:

"Internal Revenue Service
1100 Commerce Street
Dallas Texas 75242

October 8, 2008

Subject: Alleged Tax Fraud by multiple collaborating 501(c) 3 organizations

To Whom It May Concern:

The enclosed documentation is being furnished to support of the investigation, if any, into the alleged tax fraud being committed by Pathway Family Center, Tri State Drug Rehabilitation and Counseling Program and the Community Action Drug Coalition of Porter County.

I am enclosing an outline of this information to assist in its dissemination.

Sincerely,

William Earnshaw, Sr.
President, ISAC Corporation

PFC 2006 990 OUTLINE

Ohio Department of Alcohol and Drug Addiction Services: ODADAS
Tri State Drug Rehabilitation and Counseling Program: TSDRCP
Pathway Family Center: PFC
Kids Helping Kids: KHK
Community Action Drug Coalition: CADC
Possible indications of fraudulent reporting are marked with a highlighter at the following locations throughout this document.

Part IIIa- Received $200,000 from Porter County Commissioners without a  
               formal vote, $100,000 from CADC of Porter County and $100,000
               from an ‘un-named’ foundation to open a new office in Chesterton
               Indiana.

Part III- 2a- Opened a fourth facility in Chesterton Indiana

Part IV- 48a- Pledges receivable $200,000, $100,000

57a- Land/buildings grant from TSDRCP

Part IVA- b-2- New facility donation of equipment

Part V-B- Penny Walker- TSDRCP (KHK) questionable

Part VI- Line 80- CADC Porter County

Line 82a- Received at least donated office equipment and furniture

Part VII- 52a- Correct answer should be “yes”, CADC Porter County and  
                        TSDRCP.

STATEMENT 3- Client housing- $235,218. PFC is an ‘outpatient’
                              treatment program. The entire section should be
                              examined in correlation to the enclosed additional
                              statements from previous years. Note in 2003 there were
                              no such ‘expenses’ and each year thereafter, they
                              increased by substantial margins.

STATEMENT 5- Whole section

STATEMENT 7 pg 2- Land/building grant from TSDRCP

pg 3- Start-up loan? No new facilities were started in

FEDERAL STATEMENTS: Note Penny Walker salary inconsistency. She
                                                 was the director of KHK (TSDRCP) in Ohio
                                                 when PFC acquired that program.

Additional pertinent facts:

PFC and KHK are distantly but corporately related to the Drug Free America Foundation which was originally incorporated in Florida as STRAIGHT, Inc. By studying the corporate documents of each of these organizations dating from 1976 until today, it is clear that they are related.

TSDRCP was administratively dissolved in Kentucky for over 4 years before it filed an annual report in 2005. This was corrected by KHK only after a complaint was filed with ODADAS by ISAC Corporation to that effect. It was shortly thereafter that PFC acquired KHK, which is simply the Ohio based trade name of TSDRCP.

Although previous 990’s submitted by both TSDRCP and PFC indicate otherwise, KHK and PFC have had an ongoing business relationship since at least 1993.  

Additional evidence will be supplied as it becomes available."