Author Topic: "Isolated Incidents"  (Read 5239 times)

Offline Paul St. John

• View Profile
"Isolated Incidents"
« on: July 12, 2010, 05:23:40 PM »
Can we please put an end to using this term?

The things that people write about here, that happened awhile back, may not have been yesterday, but they were certainly not isolated incidents.  They were the norm.  Can we all just agree to that?  Sometimes, the incidents were extra bad, like people dying, but even in the cases of the extremes, they were not isolated events.  They were events that were bound to happen every so often, under the circumstances created by the programs.

Paul St. John
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Pile of shit

• View Profile
+++
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2010, 06:44:47 PM »
+++
« Last Edit: July 13, 2010, 04:27:21 PM by Pile of shit »
WOW!!!

Offline Pile of shit

• View Profile
+++
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2010, 06:55:18 PM »
+++
« Last Edit: July 13, 2010, 04:26:12 PM by Pile of shit »
WOW!!!

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
Re: "Isolated Incidents"
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2010, 07:46:58 PM »
"Loosers" and "loose your mind" or "loose a few kids" are common misspellings of Whooter.  I think Whooter is "Pile of Shit."  What do you think, Paul?

Quote from: "Whooter"
Quote from: "Pile of shit"
You guys are letting Pile off way to easy!  Burn Pile at the stake.

It'll never happen....Dont confuse anti-program with pro-children.
Fornits is purely anti-program... if they loose a few kids along the way to prove a point it doesnt matter to them as long as programs look bad.  It will all be forgotten in a few days and the cowards (Pile of Dead kids and Niles) will come back out of the shadows and everyone will give them hugs and ask them how they have been.

Quote from: "Pile of Shit"
Nihilanthic and Pile of Dead Kids are loosers because they endagered the life of a minor"

At least he has aptly named himself this time  :rofl:  Fire up those sockpuppets to fight the extremists, Whooter!
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline Samara

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2010, 09:10:01 PM »
DJ - as much as I can't stand Whooter, and that whole incident on ED just serves his pro program cause by putting the For Nuts in Fornits, I do not think he had anything to do with it. One, lose/loose is a common error. (I used to be an editor - great spellers and linguists make this error consistently. They know the difference... just going too fast.)  But the other thing is that there are 1-2 people here who are more closely associated with ED, and tend toward the extreme. I'm not naming names. I'm just saying, don't waste your time down the wrong rabbit hole.

Offline Paul St. John

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2010, 09:46:00 PM »
Ummmm... So anyway, are we in agreement... No more "Isolated incidents"?

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2010, 09:57:17 PM »
Quote from: "Samara"
DJ - as much as I can't stand Whooter, and that whole incident on ED just serves his pro program cause by putting the For Nuts in Fornits, I do not think he had anything to do with it. One, lose/loose is a common error. (I used to be an editor - great spellers and linguists make this error consistently. They know the difference... just going too fast.)  But the other thing is that there are 1-2 people here who are more closely associated with ED, and tend toward the extreme. I'm not naming names. I'm just saying, don't waste your time down the wrong rabbit hole.

Thank you Samara, you just confirmed what Whooter, Suck It, others and myself have been saying all along, your anger towards Pile pales compared to what you feel about Whooter. Yet Whooter has never went out of his way to endanger anyone.
What a baseless waste of energy you expend on Whooter with absolutely no evidence or reason for that matter. Other then he does not agree with you.
Stand and fight, till there is no more.

Offline Paul St. John

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2010, 09:59:19 PM »
How 'bout those " isolated incidents".

Sure would be nice if we could get rid of that idea.

Paul

PS Danny, Samara misunderstood DJ's post.

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2010, 09:59:56 PM »
Quote from: "Paul St. John"
Ummmm... So anyway, are we in agreement... No more "Isolated incidents"?
come on you can't be this intolerant, there are isolated incidents or maybe they should be called experiences. Remember when we first started talking and I talked about perceptions, this is what I meant.

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2010, 10:01:21 PM »
How 'bout those " isolated incidents".

Sure would be nice if we could get rid of that idea.

Paul

PS Danny, Samara misunderstood DJ's post.
Sorry I will not derail your thread.

Offline Paul St. John

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2010, 10:09:16 PM »
Danny, if you go back to your bold-typed quote, you referred to all the experiences as isolated.  Whooter, and Suck_It, often do this as well.

A single poster's wrong actions, and the approval of this act, by one other single poster, does not give license to erase all that has been done by the programs.

This really has nothing to do with anything.  This, my friend, is what you really refer to as an "isolated incident".  It should remain it's own issue.

Also, I will be honest, I am torn.  I am unsure of something... On one hand, this is kind of a big deal.  On the other, I see it as a bad thing, and I am not sure that so much time should be spent on it.  Is this the last thing Morgan should remember, as the results of her research?

Is how we want it to go down.  She is still going to a program soon.  Does anybody remember that?

I am sorry.  You can say what you want about Whooter.. I don t think he gives a fuck about the girl's well-being.  I think he cares about being right.

Paul St. John

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2010, 10:35:42 PM »
Danny, if you go back to your bold-typed quote, you referred to all the experiences as isolated.  Whooter, and Suck_It, often do this as well.

A single poster's wrong actions, and the approval of this act, by one other single poster, does not give license to erase all that has been done by the programs.

This really has nothing to do with anything.  This, my friend, is what you really refer to as an "isolated incident".  It should remain it's own issue.

Also, I will be honest, I am torn.  I am unsure of something... On one hand, this is kind of a big deal.  On the other, I see it as a bad thing, and I am not sure that so much time should be spent on it.  Is this the last thing Morgan should remember, as the results of her research?

Is how we want it to go down.  She is still going to a program soon.  Does anybody remember that?

I am sorry.  You can say what you want about Whooter.. I don t think he gives a fuck about the girl's well-being.  I think he cares about being right.

Paul St. John

You are right about everything you said but one thing the last thing, "children" especially a daughter. Have one Paul you will understand. I have one, Whooter has one. This will be all I say about this. Your right it is over, tell this to niles.
I appreciate your opinions Paul, never forget this.

Offline Samara

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2010, 11:23:52 PM »
To clarify, I thought DJ wondered if Whooter or Suck It authored the ED thread, and I said I did not think so and stated why. Just because I dislike Whooter does not mean I think actions should ebeascribed to people who are not guilty.

My feelings for Whooter is not about being pro-program - it's about sabotage, derailment, and insincerity of which there have been years' worth of posts. You don't get it and that's fine. If you wish to think the worst, there is not much I can do. My feelings for programs have evolved over time, and has been solidified by further study off Fornits. In fact, you don't really know what I think.

I think it is possible that you are guilty of doing what you accuse every one under the Fornits sun of doing - looking at people through one lens.

Offline Samara

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2010, 11:40:03 PM »
And Paul, sorry I went off topic. Isolated incidences refers to the idea that what happened at program was isolated to a staff or a year, but not indicative of a program holistically.  CEDU, Straight, Elan and others were not therapeutically abusive in isolation. They were systemically unethical.  I do not think their offshoot programs, staffed by the same folks with duplicate, but renamed practices, fare better.  

The fact that a teacher at an old school - a good school with a solid administration - engaged in sexual misconduct with a student was an isolated incident that was dealt with imemdiately and firmly. If someone said there may be isolated incidences of therapeutic abuse at CEDU, I would say that is wrong.

Isolated incidences is a good terms to describe how some people try and whitewash certain programs. It's just insulting to those who have been through the program and know differently.

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2010, 12:26:39 AM »
Quote from: "Samara"
To clarify, I thought DJ wondered if Whooter or Suck It authored the ED thread, and I said I did not think so and stated why. Just because I dislike Whooter does not mean I think actions should ebeascribed to people who are not guilty.

My feelings for Whooter is not about being pro-program - it's about sabotage, derailment, and insincerity of which there have been years' worth of posts. You don't get it and that's fine. If you wish to think the worst, there is not much I can do. My feelings for programs have evolved over time, and has been solidified by further study off Fornits. In fact, you don't really know what I think.

I think it is possible that you are guilty of doing what you accuse every one under the Fornits sun of doing - looking at people through one lens.

Listen I am not going to get into a tit for tat with you too, I have had some rather nice exchanges with you and would like to keep it that way.
Whooter is not that much different then I am, there are a couple of exceptions I was in a program and he writes better, oh OK he holds his temper better too. But his take on how programs can work, are essential, and are going to exist, well I am not that far off track.
Yes that is coming from someone that was in a program, worked for a program, still am affiliated with programs in a round about way and still see the need for certain programs.
Now if that makes me the black sheep of the family so be it, actually if you were not so closed minded you could see not every program is like the one you went to. I will agree there are programs out there that are falling far short of there stated objectives. I will also say not all programs are failing in their services they provide.
Whether we like it or not, not every family wants to deal with the problem or can, not every child has parents to turn to, children comes from all kinds of situations and not every child has parents with funds to hire counselors or have the Insurance. So please lets talk reality instead of a idealistic point of view.
It seems we are all experts in this field, we went to programs, then went to college, then came out and did more research,  
Jeesh, like I said, "everybody is a expert". Well that is great.

Last thing here is a excerpt of your last post;
"My feelings for Whooter is not about being pro-program - it's about sabotage, derailment, and insincerity of which there have been years' worth of posts. You don't get it and that's fine. If you wish to think the worst, there is not much I can do. My feelings for programs have evolved over time, and has been solidified by further study off Fornits. In fact, you don't really know what I think".

Well was this part of your research also, investigating Whooter. Only you folks get it and any one else who disagrees is "you don't get it and that's fine", OK then.
Everybody's feelings for programs have evolved over time, they were 20-30 yrs. ago and most here have furthered their studies off fornits, though I suspect you studied here also.
As for knowing how you think, ya I can get a perspective from your posts, yeppers I can.
Back to Whooter, what is this sabotage, derailment and insincerity all about here, years of posting, come on Samara. Please tell me your not caught up in the conspiracy theories too.
Your blinded by the beacon of light, the fornits light, get out of the light and you will see, we are just average garden variety Joes, seeking answers.