Author Topic: probate  (Read 6033 times)

Offline justonemore

• View Profile
Re: probate
« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2010, 12:36:41 AM »
Ursus.. thanks again..Some things that puzzle me are the vast gulf that seems to surround the Ervin hearings, why there was no teachers union action re the seed, odd things like that. You seem to be a hell of a researcher, and yeah, I think none ya is funny and sharp, bet he's a hillbilly or a cracker. other things the jackie Gleason/Mob connection, at the time, don't forget the advent of the law enforcement assistance administration. see also the international organization of chiefs of police, glencoe, ga.  places to look Just sayin'  J.O.M.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline none-ya

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2010, 12:49:14 AM »
wasn't the old man an extra in some old "b" movies?
Anybody know the names of these cinamatic jems?
?©?€~¥@

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2010, 12:40:53 PM »
Quote from: "Ursus"
Quote from: "justonemore"
Ursus,, thanks, very good post.. was unaware of any public claims and threats, but that sheds light. where were those claims made, do you know? is this anecdotal or documented? Two of my teachers told me decades after the fact that their jobs had been openly threatened when they questioned my incarceration, and when i returned to school, there was clearly a climate of fear among teachers re; the seed. also, some of the best teachers left under odd circumstance at that time.... Please say more J.O.M.
Please don't say it in 'british', as that's not a language i know, thanks
"British?" lol... (Main Entry:  armour  chiefly British variant of armor armory)

Interesting info re. your teachers take on the whole shebang. My guess is that they were not exaggerating. I actually have a bunch of old newspaper articles pertinent to the Seed and/or Barker that I was planning to crank out in my ol' particular 'n' pedantic way (ya wouldn't believe how this seems to piss SOME PEOPLE off their rocker), and I do recall this issue being addressed in at least a couple of them... Lemme get my act a lil more organized, and I'll post them, probably in a separate thread as per date. As I recall, this came up in 1972 or 73, but I may be wrong and it's a little later...
« Last Edit: July 17, 2010, 06:38:41 PM by DannyB II »
Stand and fight, till there is no more.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #33 on: July 17, 2010, 01:33:28 PM »
JOM, I didn't mean it that way. Of course the old megalomaniac did a load of damage to a lot of people. Just that, at the end of the day, nobody remembered him. As far as I can tell, there was no obit at all. I suppose that's because whatever dedicated seedlings there may be left didn't want to invite the evil outside world to the funeral. That's just a guess. I've asked a lot of friends and acquaintences over the years if they knew about the Seed. Very few knew anything at all about the history and not one had any idea the place was still operating into the `90's.

So.... Art kicked the bucket, no one gave a damn. Probably very few attended the funeral. I'm sure that's not what he envisioned. But is anyone really surprised?
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline justonemore

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 17, 2010, 07:58:05 PM »
Antigen; point taken.. Please don't accuse me of' beating a dead horse'. horses have dignity and worth. However, to return to beating a dead art. Consider if you will ( i sound just like rod serling, don't i ?) I find it very odd that Art died with a considerable fortune, a fortune that we know he made by destroying many lives.An enterprising boy, our art was, yeah ? And there's no public comment.
Of Course I come to this argument with a geographic pre-judice. I  see the problem from a Miami perspective, and I have knowledge that perhaps others don't. Just for the hell of it, I know and have worked with Virgilio Gonzales. He's a fine man, and didn't deserve the burns he received over watergate. I knew a man ( didn't like him much) who was almost certainly the miami 'chief of station' at that time. Those are oblique references, but true none-the-less. So, perhaps i incline toward paranoia, but again, it's only paranoia if you're wrong.
I do, of course have  a personal investment in finding justice, such as we may.Both stripe and greg have rendered the opinion that financial recompense would be stratospherically difficult. I accept that. HOWEVER ( wow! that's a big however !) This guy, art, this dirty bird, damaged me, damaged people that i love, and those i respected. He didn't do it alone. I guess i'm just sick to death of creeps profiting while others say "take the high road". Me, I want a little blood. I know it's there, i just want to find it.
For a parallel, see the death of Kathy Mcpherson, Clearwater fl, '96. The scientologists got her. I knew her.Took ten years, but there was finally a tepid prosecution. Enough of the cults !
J.O.M.
 ::unhappy::

Offline justonemore

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 29, 2010, 12:10:59 PM »
Danny. I guess you're real smart. Much smarter than anyone else. Thanks for the dictionary reference (bet it's webster's) But, you see. to say Armour is a "british variant" is to say that 'british' is a dialect, not a language.The ' british use the character 'U' in their spelling because it most closely approximates their speech .
It is helpful, I've found, to think that all language is spoken, that all written language is representational. here's the working model.
If you combine two alphabetic character, you have a 'phoneme', two or  more phonemes represent complex or compound concept, Simple concept-_+='Dog' "Duck" "Dock" two phonemes. One concept. Simpler concept.' Ma' or 'Pa' One phoneme, one concept.
It's largely why native american and chinese are such difiicult languages, they are so inflected that representation is near impossible.
Hope this helps! ( or bores the crap out of  you so you'll shut up!)
Yup! Still a cracker, still a redneck!J.O.M. ::unhappy::

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 29, 2010, 05:41:14 PM »
Danny. I guess you're real smart. Much smarter than anyone else. Thanks for the dictionary reference (bet it's webster's) But, you see. to say Armour is a "british variant" is to say that 'british' is a dialect, not a language.The ' british use the character 'U' in their spelling because it most closely approximates their speech .
It is helpful, I've found, to think that all language is spoken, that all written language is representational. here's the working model.
If you combine two alphabetic character, you have a 'phoneme', two or  more phonemes represent complex or compound concept, Simple concept-_+='Dog' "Duck" "Dock" two phonemes. One concept. Simpler concept.' Ma' or 'Pa' One phoneme, one concept.
It's largely why native american and chinese are such difiicult languages, they are so inflected that representation is near impossible.

Why thank you, Anne and yourself are so kind. Must be that Floridian sea air.
Now this was mean, "Hope this helps! ( or bores the crap out of  you so you'll shut up!)".
Maybe those chic peas are pestering you.

Offline Dr. Acula

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 29, 2010, 07:23:16 PM »
Quote from: "DannyB II"

Now this was mean, "Hope this helps! ( or bores the crap out of  you so you'll shut up!)".

YOU SUPPLY MUCH HUMOR I AM LAUGHING MY ASS OFF :cheers:

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 29, 2010, 08:36:22 PM »
Quote from: "Dr. Acula"
Quote from: "DannyB II"

YOU SUPPLY MUCH HUMOR I AM LAUGHING MY ASS OFF :cheers:

Thanks Felice......