Author Topic: Academy at Sisters  (Read 67622 times)

Offline Pile of Dead Kids

• View Profile
Re: Academy at Sisters
« Reply #45 on: July 02, 2010, 08:35:44 PM »
Ellis’s Rational Emotive Therapy, Glasser’s Reality Therapy, Thinking Error Treatment Work of Samenow and Yochelson, William R. Miller and Stephen Rollnick’s Motivational Interviewing (MI) approach

Ursus, give us some 411 on this shit.

Thinking Error Treatment

Thinking Error Treatment

Oh yeah. It's bad.

there are highly qualified, professional transport/intervention services that our Admissions Staff may recommend based on longstanding relationships.

Which means that they're going to send thugs to your house.

We support parents through weekly assisted Conference Calls with the child and Case Manager

Which means that if somehow you end up in that place, you are not going to be able to talk to your parents.

Academy at Sisters belongs to numerous regional and national alliances such as the National Association of Therapeutic Schools and Programs (NATSAP)

NATSAP! I fucking knew it! NATSAP is nasty business. Loads, and loads, and loads, of NATSAP programs have been shut down for abuse. In the immortal words of Congressman George Miller, "What the hell do you people do?" (Yes, that was directed at NATSAP itself.) It's the Seal of Guaranteed Abuse.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
...Sergey Blashchishen, James Shirey, Faith Finley, Katherine Rice, Ashlie Bunch, Brendan Blum, Caleb Jensen, Alex Cullinane, Rocco Magliozzi, Elisa Santry, Dillon Peak, Natalynndria Slim, Lenny Ortega, Angellika Arndt, Joey Aletriz, Martin Anderson, James White, Christening Garcia, Kasey Warner, Shirley Arciszewski, Linda Harris, Travis Parker, Omega Leach, Denis Maltez, Kevin Christie, Karlye Newman, Richard DeMaar, Alexis Richie, Shanice Nibbs, Levi Snyder, Natasha Newman, Gracie James, Michael Owens, Carlton Thomas, Taylor Mangham, Carnez Boone, Benjamin Lolley, Jessica Bradford's unnamed baby, Anthony Parker, Dysheka Streeter, Corey Foster, Joseph Winters, Bruce Staeger, Kenneth Barkley, Khalil Todd, Alec Lansing, Cristian Cuellar-Gonzales, Janaia Barnhart, a DRA victim who never even showed up in the news, and yet another unnamed girl at Summit School...

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 02, 2010, 08:39:24 PM »
Oh, and if you're wondering *why* Congressman Miller would say that to that organization, here's the relevant Government Accountability Office information on the subject.

http://www.gao.gov/new.items/d08146t.pdf
...Sergey Blashchishen, James Shirey, Faith Finley, Katherine Rice, Ashlie Bunch, Brendan Blum, Caleb Jensen, Alex Cullinane, Rocco Magliozzi, Elisa Santry, Dillon Peak, Natalynndria Slim, Lenny Ortega, Angellika Arndt, Joey Aletriz, Martin Anderson, James White, Christening Garcia, Kasey Warner, Shirley Arciszewski, Linda Harris, Travis Parker, Omega Leach, Denis Maltez, Kevin Christie, Karlye Newman, Richard DeMaar, Alexis Richie, Shanice Nibbs, Levi Snyder, Natasha Newman, Gracie James, Michael Owens, Carlton Thomas, Taylor Mangham, Carnez Boone, Benjamin Lolley, Jessica Bradford's unnamed baby, Anthony Parker, Dysheka Streeter, Corey Foster, Joseph Winters, Bruce Staeger, Kenneth Barkley, Khalil Todd, Alec Lansing, Cristian Cuellar-Gonzales, Janaia Barnhart, a DRA victim who never even showed up in the news, and yet another unnamed girl at Summit School...

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 02, 2010, 08:42:07 PM »
Quote from: "MorganMDC"
Quote from: "Dysfunction Junction"
How old are you, Morgan?  Did your mom get roped in by an Educational Consultant?  Or did she get a referral from some other program parent?  How did she come to pick this place?  Where are you located?

You will get a lot of advice here, but DO NOT follow any advice that directs you to commit criminal acts, as this will only steel your mother's resolve to send you away and get you involved with Johny Law.  I DO NOT advise this course of action.  A few of us have your mother's contact information and will try to reason with her on your behalf.  Unfortunately, there isn't much else we can do from here.

Please answer the above questions and contact Mr. Elberg ASAP.
I am fifteen years old. She was roped in by both. She picked it, because it is the only option. Oregon. Beaverton, Oregon.
Her e-mail is of course the best way to reason with her, not only due to phone issues, but because direct abuse after hang up is not pleasent.
Might that EdCon be Dore Frances? She is designated as the "Mayor of Bend" on Merchant Circle (most number of connections):

Horizon Family Solutions, LLC
    1145 NW Knoxville Blvd
    Bend, OR 97701
    541-312-4422[/list]
    -------------- • -------------- • --------------

• View Profile
    « Reply #48 on: July 02, 2010, 08:43:20 PM »
    We have a topic on her. viewtopic.php?f=40&t=13818

Offline MorganMDC

• View Profile
    « Reply #49 on: July 02, 2010, 08:44:54 PM »
    Wow. Look at all I have to look forward to.
    Apparently there is a "crisis move in situation" so I have until Friday.
    Ursus, I am not sure.
    All I know is of a  "Chealsea". The name sounds familiar, she possibly mentioned it in passing.
    Quote from: \"Nihilanthic\"
    I\'m skeletor. I\'m literally the worst person ever.

Skeletor; Depicted as a muscular blue humanoid with a purple hood over his yellowing bare-bone skull.

• View Profile
    « Reply #50 on: July 02, 2010, 08:48:20 PM »
    I have until Friday.

Today is Friday.

Assuming they aren't going to send thugs to your house to kidnap you *tonight*, you still have until Monday for the "tour". And if that's not going to happen then they WILL send thugs to your house on Friday unless mom or dad wises up right fucking now. Bank on it!

Your dad doesn't want you talking to him? Then silently poke him on the shoulder and point him at this screen.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
    « Reply #51 on: July 02, 2010, 08:57:22 PM »
    Quote from: "Pile of Dead Kids"
    Academy at Sisters belongs to numerous regional and national alliances such as the National Association of Therapeutic Schools and Programs (NATSAP)
    NATSAP! I fucking knew it! NATSAP is nasty business. Loads, and loads, and loads, of NATSAP programs have been shut down for abuse. In the immortal words of Congressman George Miller, "What the hell do you people do?" (Yes, that was directed at NATSAP itself.) It's the Seal of Guaranteed Abuse.
    NATSAP... and a Woodbury Reports "Excellence in Education Award" for 2008/2009... and they're one of the select few programs participating in CEDU's Friends of Families with Children in Crisis Foundation. See previous post.

Bears repeating:
    Oh, and if you're wondering *why* Congressman Miller would say that to that organization, here's the relevant Government Accountability Office information on the subject.

http://www.gao.gov/new.items/d08146t.pdf

Offline MorganMDC

• View Profile
    « Reply #52 on: July 02, 2010, 09:01:48 PM »
    I have until Friday.

Today is Friday.

Assuming they aren't going to send thugs to your house to kidnap you *tonight*, you still have until Monday for the "tour". And if that's not going to happen then they WILL send thugs to your house on Friday unless mom or dad wises up right fucking now. Bank on it!

Your dad doesn't want you talking to him? Then silently poke him on the shoulder and point him at this screen.
    Friday, As in, the 9th.
    It's a lost cause for him, I can guarantee it. I sent him the link, he hasn't read it.

Skeletor; Depicted as a muscular blue humanoid with a purple hood over his yellowing bare-bone skull.

• View Profile
    « Reply #53 on: July 02, 2010, 09:07:20 PM »
    It's a lost cause for him, I can guarantee it.

It's never a lost fucking cause, Morgan. Get that out of your head. You already said he isn't keen on this. He has lots and lots of reasons NOT to be keen on it.

I sent him the link, he hasn't read it.

Then print it out and hand it to him.

Offline MorganMDC

• View Profile
    « Reply #54 on: July 02, 2010, 09:10:02 PM »
    It's a lost cause for him, I can guarantee it.

It's never a lost fucking cause, Morgan. Get that out of your head. You already said he isn't keen on this. He has lots and lots of reasons NOT to be keen on it.

I sent him the link, he hasn't read it.

Then print it out and hand it to him.
    Will try it.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
    Glasser's Reality Therapy
    « Reply #55 on: July 02, 2010, 09:23:51 PM »
    Ellis's Rational Emotive Therapy, Glasser's Reality Therapy, Thinking Error Treatment Work of Samenow and Yochelson, William R. Miller and Stephen Rollnick's Motivational Interviewing (MI) approach
    Right off the top of my head, I might point out that Glasser's Reality Therapy is one of the "psychological developments" that Miller Newton and George Ross used to work up the methodology used at Straight, Inc... It, along with Lloyd McCorkle's Guided Group Interaction (now known as Positive Peer Culture), was among the methodologies used to turn Florida's programs away from the brutal physical coercion practiced in places like Marianna, towards the ultimately equally abusive psychological coercions used as a means of the behavior modification of adolescents.

I've seen Glasser's name in association with so many abusive programs now that I basically see it as yet another red flag, in and of itself. Reality Therapy is mentioned a number of times on fornits; do a search...

I'll research the others a little later tonight, when I have some more time.

• View Profile
    « Reply #56 on: July 02, 2010, 09:25:54 PM »
    Daniel, I'm sure you're reading this right now, aren't you?

This isn't some insane "bash" site. This is not a joke. You are going to send your daughter away to be seriously hurt. If you don't want the details, then God have mercy on you for completely ignoring information that could save her life. If you do want the details, then register an account and start asking for them. We're here. You can talk to us.

Quote from: "Ursus"
    when I have some more time.

I'm not entirely sure she has any time at all.

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
    « Reply #57 on: July 02, 2010, 09:38:24 PM »
    Some more centered thoughts:

Its been open since 1994 and no one here on fornits has heard of any problems or complaints.  This indicates that it is probably a good program.  If any kids had ever been hurt there it would have been listed here on fornits.  Their staff is clinical and professional.  The school is accredited with several different approaches to learning which will allow each child to find his/her strength.
    I don’t see how anyone can state this place is abusive or would hurt anyone.  It will get her off the streets and prepare her for the next step which is a school in the UK of her choice?  (Is that correct?)

So the upside seems to outweigh the downside at this point until we get more information on the place.  Morgan I wouldn’t be too stressed out.  It seems like a big step now but it may be a good fit for you.  Don’t let everyone here scare you too much.

• View Profile
    « Reply #58 on: July 02, 2010, 09:40:41 PM »
    Previous poster can be summarized with this screenshot.

He does damage control for the industry on a regular basis. He's been debunked more times than it's worth counting. And here he is to derail the thread. We really don't know who he is, but the best guess is that he's somebody who let his OWN kid die in a program and is now spending the rest of his life trying to justify it.

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
    « Reply #59 on: July 02, 2010, 09:49:15 PM »
    Previous poster can be summarized with this screenshot.

He does damage control for the industry on a regular basis. He's been debunked more times than it's worth counting. And here he is to derail the thread. We really don't know who he is, but the best guess is that he's somebody who let his OWN kid die in a program and is now spending the rest of his life trying to justify it.

Look at your sickness in your footer notes, Pile, and your user name.  Do you think anyone is going to take you seriously and not think you are some kind of a nut.  I am a father and if I came onto fornits for info and saw your homage to death your credibility would be right up there with the guy walking around NYC carrying the "The world is ending" sign.  If you want to communicate with other nuts, you are right on target.  But parents are looking for some balanced discussion and information not your personal vendetta.

Try to keep it civil and on topic please.