Author Topic: And all this time I thought I was the only one!  (Read 7638 times)

Offline wanderingjew

• View Profile
Re: And all this time I thought I was the only one!
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2010, 05:16:34 PM »
Thanks Terry for the thoughts. I miss him everyday. By the way,You'll pleased to know my mom and I actually get along now! No, more yelling, screaming, wanting to kill/maim/dis-own each other! Took, like 20 yrs!  Started right around the time I got married,. And after our daughter was born and she was sooo surprised what a good father I turned out to be,, well that the deal maker! Last year, after my Dad died she came to rely heavly on me for a while. Its not the Waltons,  mind you , but it works! 8)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline marshall

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2010, 03:07:24 PM »
Hi wanderingjew. I remember you well. I was at the Seed from 76-77. Your dad got me a job doing yardwork at the hospital where he worked. Sorry to hear about your loss. Glad to see you're doing well. You came to this forum a little late though. There were lots of good and often heated duscussions a few years ago. I think everyone sort of said their peace and lost interest. I guess there's only so much to be said but I found this site very helpful at one time. I was surprised to find people still so divided about the Seed and how so many different people could have such different experiences. One person swears it made them a better person while others swear it destroyed their lives. I guess I'm somewhere in-between. I don't hate anyone involved. Staff members were all victims too, imo. But being at the Seed remains the worst period of my life (so far) and I'd hate to see anyone sent to a similar program. Take care N.

BTW Terry, I'm up to 5 grandchildren now. Hope you both are well.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2010, 09:36:57 AM by marshall »
Truth, being limitless, unconditioned, unapproachable by any path whatsoever, cannot be organized; nor should any organization be formed to lead or to coerce people along any particular path. You must climb towards the Truth. It cannot be \'stepped down\'

Offline Ft. Lauderdale

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2010, 01:34:45 PM »
cograts.  Gramps.

Offline wanderingjew

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2010, 06:16:34 PM »
Yeah, one of those worst of times/not so best of times deals.  Some good people/much fear. Was just amazed that there was an actual blog, feel cheated that I missed out on the "high times" of the site. Well as the  say no sense: ::deadhorse::

Offline wanderingjew

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2010, 11:02:05 PM »
Thanks, like Ive said, I met some really nice people the years I was there and I made some really good friends.
 The first 6months there I would have "drank the kool-aid" if Art has asked me to, but then I started to notice that things were not always as presented. I slowly started to see that , their (Art, Libby, staff's ) answers to things were mostly just canned responces to everything and questioning the the way things were done , merely resulted in me being told the I had a bad attitude or my thinking was was full of shit or something along thoose lines.
 At 15,16 yrs old, I didnt need a Phd to know that when Im told theirs only one side or one way of doing something, that thats just a cop out. Later in life, the cause and effect was that I questioned EVERYTHING, every conventionial wisdon  I came across.
 Everyone had to PROVE to me that this or that was the way something should be done. I wasnt about to take anyones word for it. Which, in itself wasnt all that bad. I just didnt get along with as many people, but the people I DID get along with , are the one that Im still friends with today. And THEY are doctors, lawyers, housemoms, teachers, mechanics, etc.
 Not that we always see eye to eye, but we dont deride each others views because we dont agree or plant our feet in the sand and say: NO!, only MY way is the correct way.
 Ya know, I ve been married for 18 yrs now, and my marrage works well for my wife and me. It dosent mean that it would work with an other couple, ya know what I mean? Everyone is diff.   Okay now Im getting all soap-boxy and shit  ,So I"ll close now before I start to ramble.
 Peace to all, and what dont kill ya....usually makes ya puke!   ::puke::        ----sorry , Im a sucker for thoose emotes!

Offline justonemore

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2010, 06:21:52 PM »
Wandering Jew: If all things are true, then no thing is true, furthermore, what did'nt kill me usually made me shake and puke for a few days, and sometimes made me deaf for a while.
J.O.M.

Offline wanderingjew

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2010, 04:30:37 PM »
Stack, My dear friend, that Libbie,Libbie,Libbie at the end caught me by surpise! i almost pee'd! Truly: roflmao!!! :roflmao:

Offline Susan Stone

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2012, 10:33:30 PM »
Libbie  Libbie Libbie.... on the .....  tis very funny... :cheers:  :roflmao:  :rocker:  :rofl:  :whip:

Offline Susan Stone

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2012, 10:38:42 PM »
I think  Libbie should be canned.... I see a t :roflmao:  :rocker:  :rofl:  :whip: roll....

Offline Susan Stone

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2012, 10:47:20 PM »
Libby was so short and powerless..... she actually looked funny in high shoes. No one liked her... imagine never being liked...  :roflmao:  :rocker:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :whip:

Offline Susan Stone

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2012, 10:52:37 PM »
Libby you got old.... omgosh...... and you still look funny in high shoes...  :roflmao:  :rocker:  :rofl:  :whip:

Offline I'll kick your arse

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2012, 07:19:28 PM »
::deadhorse::