Author Topic: And all this time I thought I was the only one!  (Read 7639 times)

Offline wanderingjew

• View Profile
And all this time I thought I was the only one!
« on: June 30, 2010, 04:53:31 PM »
Hi All!
I was at the State Road 84 Concentration Camp,I mean "The Seed", from like late 76 to early 1980. I f you ever got sick there,then you met my dad, as he was the seed doctor during that time( and for a few years after. My parent's will was way weaker than mine!)
 I learned to look to myself for my self-worth, rather then seek the approval of others. Lord knows, no one there (staff-wise) ever doted on my good qualities!
About the only good thing I can say about being there was that I learned patience. Having the ability to stand emotionless for hours at a time, while someone yelled in your face and told you what a worthless piece of shit you were came in handing during Arm Basic Training! And being at the seed left me prepared for meeting other "Im better than god" cult of personality types later in life.(In the Army , we called 'em officers!)
And I did make some good friendships, people that I've partied with the rest of my life !
And yeah, I was a "volunter staff member" for a while. "Volunter, as in: we want to keep you around so your dad will continue to give us free medical service, and and we can continue to house  newcommers, oldtimers and weekenders at your parent's house.
Speaking of which, anybody still remember playing bumper pool, air hockey, pachinko or the player-piano we had in the downstairs playroom?  Yeah, that was my house. My parents still live there. Well, my mom anyway. My dad died last year from a brain tumor. Too bad Art wasnt around to tell the tumor it was full of shit, that would "cured" my dad Im sure.

Well, I hope someone reads this msg and responds, prefrebly one of you assholes who still thinks singing "Jingle-fucking-Bells" every single day was gonna do something besides make he hate that song to this day!     :soapbox:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline wanderingjew

• View Profile
Re: And all this time I thought I was the only one!
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2010, 06:15:25 PM »
"slow news days", huh?

Offline justonemore

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2010, 06:57:35 PM »
Slow news days Indeed. What was your M.O.S  ?  How long you been out? Expiring minds want to know. J.O.M.

Offline wanderingjew

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2010, 10:42:36 AM »
I was a 19D Cav Scout, I got out in '85

Offline wanderingjew

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2010, 10:47:55 AM »
I was a 19D Cav Scout,  stationed in Germany and Texas.I got out in '85

"Fear is a reaction, Courage is a decsion"

Offline justonemore

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2010, 05:39:45 PM »
pathfinder? J.O.M.

Offline Johnny G

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2010, 07:53:34 AM »
WJ

I knew you at SR84; I lived at Cranbrook then.  Sorry to hear about your dad.  He probably thought he was doing good like so many of the other people who facilitated the seed - seemed like a nice enough guy.  Saw him for some ailment once - never made it to his house, but I think it was his Winnebago I worked on a couple of times.
He was kept far enough away from the dirt, like the cleveland lawyer was, so that they could keep them around and manage their perceptions  (I got in a world of shit for contacting the lawyer outside the "proper channels" so I imagine the same held for your dad).

Offline wanderingjew

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2010, 03:05:11 PM »
JG
My parents had that motorhome until the late,late 1980's! Like +20 yrs old when they sold it. And thanks for the words on my dad.
Stayed in touch with several people over the years that were there with me.(Marc G. Derek & Yolanda G., Rich F.) Though a few have moved away, one died and one just, "went". Still good frnds with the younger(non-seedling) brother of one.

As to my military service: I was recon. Armored unit in FRG and an Air Cav unit in Tx( think "Flight of the Valkyries")
Hope that is more specific.

Offline justonemore

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2010, 07:12:29 PM »
Hell, Yeah! The army within the army! I never was service, myself, Did a lot of contract work for various enforcement agencies, so i worked with some of your guys, so to speak. A lot of respect, here. a lot.I guess 'pathfinder' evolved into re-con and combat control, worked with a former combat/control combat rescue, one of the funniest, toughest men I knew. I knew a former pathfinder in ga., a pediatrician, a hell of a good doctor, and a fierce and funny guy. I can only hope i'm as fierce and as funny, but probably not. Welcome. Feel free to add reason to these discussions. J.O.M.

Offline Johnny G

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2010, 07:44:10 AM »
Is it the same marc G who lived in the hollywood "apartments" (two little houses next to each other owned by Hanks parents?) for a little while? His dad did something at the Diplomat hotel.
He was a hoot, then he disappeared, wondered what happened to him - knew better than to ask

Offline Dr. Acula

• View Profile
lalala
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2010, 01:15:14 PM »
:nods:
« Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 08:33:12 AM by Dr. Acula »

Offline wanderingjew

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2010, 02:22:20 PM »
Jonny G
Yeah, same Marc. He joined the Army Reserve(weekend warrior, hated it). He and I lived together with this girl for a while. Then I went to Europe, came back and we hung out for a few years. My wife even dated him for a while. Last time I heard from his mom, he was married with children and living in Ga. On a farm. with horses. A real honest to god redneck jew.

Offline Johnny G

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2010, 03:15:10 PM »
For a while there he was always bringing home another pet - fish to ferrets, so now he has built up to horses!
Can't say I'm on a farm, but I am in GA (Atlanta area) - would like to get in touch if with anyone from that era that might be in the area
I always find it interesting to catch back up with people in a free environment, see what was really going on.

JG

Offline wanderingjew

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2010, 12:39:33 PM »
Yeah, we were three in a one room apt and he brings home a puppy one day! I was working nights, so Im trying to sleep during the day and I got this puppy breath in my face, wanting to play all day. I didnt know wheather to kill him or the dog or both!  :poison:
Later he met this girl who bred pit-bulls. That was right after Dade County banned them, so naturally he gets a pitbull puppy!
  We stayed friends for years and years until finally one day we had a falling out and havnt talked/seen to him him since. That was like 1989, 1990.
 The only one I knew who had his phone number was Derek G, and he died from a stroke/heart attack like 3 years ago, while on vacation here from Hawaii. Real shame, but he told me , like two days before he died, that this was the best vacation he had ever had. Cried for days afterward. His sister Yolonda, has been MIA for years, she went off the deep,deep end back in the 80's and never made it back to the light of reason.
 Well, here's to fallen heros.   :cheers:

Offline Ft. Lauderdale

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2010, 03:15:10 PM »
Hey NF,

I was so sorry to hear about your Dad.  I think your parents were a copuple of my favorite folks.  They just don't come any nicer.  You Mom always made me feel like a million bucks.  She used to call me "The All Americn Kid" which was so far from what I was, but made me feel really good about myelf.  I've also thought about MG often also.  Sorry also to hear about Derek G.  I am glad everything went well for you, you were always a super bright kid.  Take Care.

Terry K.   (Terry the guy not Terry M) in case your trying to figure it out. :nods: