Author Topic: CALO  (Read 9868 times)

Offline Curious George

• View Profile
CALO
« on: June 22, 2010, 03:58:02 PM »
Been foucusing on bigger issues but what is the word on CALO.  Here's mine.

Over the past several months, I've exhausted just about every legal option I have and only about 3 CALO parents are willing to move forward, simply not enough for the fight I'd hoped for.

CALO has done it's homework, and appears to have chosen the right state to operate in, very few laws governing their operation.  No gvnt. entity willing to investigate, appears tax revenue and creation of jobs to important to the small resort community.  Local papers biased to community,  Local attorneys not interested in representing plantiffs, just defense.

Unless there is some major scandal, or more parents willing to up signficant time and $$$, CALO will most likely get away with what they are doing.  Maybe in 10 years some poor kid will have a case.

Seems like the kids at CALO were/are correct, most parents are f'ing clueless and just want to forget about their troubled kids and the industry that exploits both parents and children.

Also, the dead or in-jail argument is true, don't fool yourselves.  Not for all, but for some.  CALO only made things worse.

Completely frustrated, am signing off.   Will continue fight on own since no one else has the balls.

CG
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Pile of Dead Kids

• View Profile
Re: CALO
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2010, 11:34:59 PM »
We have a whole forum for CALO now you know.
...Sergey Blashchishen, James Shirey, Faith Finley, Katherine Rice, Ashlie Bunch, Brendan Blum, Caleb Jensen, Alex Cullinane, Rocco Magliozzi, Elisa Santry, Dillon Peak, Natalynndria Slim, Lenny Ortega, Angellika Arndt, Joey Aletriz, Martin Anderson, James White, Christening Garcia, Kasey Warner, Shirley Arciszewski, Linda Harris, Travis Parker, Omega Leach, Denis Maltez, Kevin Christie, Karlye Newman, Richard DeMaar, Alexis Richie, Shanice Nibbs, Levi Snyder, Natasha Newman, Gracie James, Michael Owens, Carlton Thomas, Taylor Mangham, Carnez Boone, Benjamin Lolley, Jessica Bradford's unnamed baby, Anthony Parker, Dysheka Streeter, Corey Foster, Joseph Winters, Bruce Staeger, Kenneth Barkley, Khalil Todd, Alec Lansing, Cristian Cuellar-Gonzales, Janaia Barnhart, a DRA victim who never even showed up in the news, and yet another unnamed girl at Summit School...

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2010, 02:04:50 PM »
Quote from: "Curious George"
Been foucusing on bigger issues but what is the word on CALO.  Here's mine.

Over the past several months, I've exhausted just about every legal option I have and only about 3 CALO parents are willing to move forward, simply not enough for the fight I'd hoped for.

CALO has done it's homework, and appears to have chosen the right state to operate in, very few laws governing their operation.  No gvnt. entity willing to investigate, appears tax revenue and creation of jobs to important to the small resort community.  Local papers biased to community,  Local attorneys not interested in representing plantiffs, just defense.

Unless there is some major scandal, or more parents willing to up signficant time and $$$, CALO will most likely get away with what they are doing.  Maybe in 10 years some poor kid will have a case.

Seems like the kids at CALO were/are correct, most parents are f'ing clueless and just want to forget about their troubled kids and the industry that exploits both parents and children.

Also, the dead or in-jail argument is true, don't fool yourselves.  Not for all, but for some.  CALO only made things worse.

Completely frustrated, am signing off.   Will continue fight on own since no one else has the balls.

CG
It's not just with CALO, George; it's industry-wide. Perhaps our society inculcates that kind of passivity and willingness to abdicate responsibility for one's own kids.

The fact that you got three parents incensed enough to potentially bring this to the fore actually says quite a lot. I expect most parents are afraid to rock the boat and, I imagine, often don't sign on to such a thing 'till a plausible win is in sight. Sad, but true. However, that could change as time goes on. Perhaps CALO hasn't been in binnis long enough for people to stop hoping that CALO might have "the answer."

As a bit of an aside, what's the longest span of time that any of the key players have ever spent with a particular program? Iirc, Nicole Fuglsang left Hidden Lake Academy not too long prior to the meltdown there with that class action lawsuit...

See also this thread: Fuglsang and Jones now at CALO
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline Mr. Magee

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2010, 09:43:06 PM »
CALO reminds me of what went on years ago in Northern Utah.  I worked there for  a time, BUT GOT SICK OF THE behavior of "leadership".  CALO is a Mormon machine.  When you think you will be a god someday, you tend to behave strange on Earth.

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2010, 11:05:13 PM »
CALO parents are either terrorized sheeple, members of Ken Huey's dick sucking personality cult, or shit out of luck because the first two groups far outsize the last one.

Offline Guardian Angel

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2010, 01:35:31 PM »
CG

I know how discouraging fighting back can be...we've been at it now for almost 15 months.  Message me privately, and we'll talk.

Offline TigerEye

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2010, 06:54:32 PM »
I am a CALO parent, and I don't know what the f*** you are talking about, George. CALO parents suing about WHAT? Uniting on what issue? Complaining to whom?

Oh, and as a complete aside, I sure wouldn't hold up the desire to litigate as apropos of anything - in our litigious society, we are ever so eager to blame others for any outcome we don't like, regardless of the reasonableness of the claim, and especially if there is a chance to make any money.

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2010, 10:26:04 PM »
Quote from: "TigerEye"
I am a CALO parent, and I don't know what the f*** you are talking about, George. CALO parents suing about WHAT? Uniting on what issue? Complaining to whom?

Oh, and as a complete aside, I sure wouldn't hold up the desire to litigate as apropos of anything - in our litigious society, we are ever so eager to blame others for any outcome we don't like, regardless of the reasonableness of the claim, and especially if there is a chance to make any money.

Thank You......Are we listening people.
Stand and fight, till there is no more.

Offline Pile of Dead Kids

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2010, 11:08:31 AM »
No we're not listening Danny, because your dumb ass and this stupid bitch never have anything worth listening to.

Since you were both busy eating dick while the CALO ownage was going on, suffice it to say that they had something of an information leak. Three PDFs of "treatment profiles", all the staff, and all the kids' names were posted. That and their staff manual and, more recently, their restraint training manual.

CALO is basically HLA redux, so it wouldn't surprise me that there was also a whole lot of promises made that were never kept (like 'we will actually help your children') as well.
...Sergey Blashchishen, James Shirey, Faith Finley, Katherine Rice, Ashlie Bunch, Brendan Blum, Caleb Jensen, Alex Cullinane, Rocco Magliozzi, Elisa Santry, Dillon Peak, Natalynndria Slim, Lenny Ortega, Angellika Arndt, Joey Aletriz, Martin Anderson, James White, Christening Garcia, Kasey Warner, Shirley Arciszewski, Linda Harris, Travis Parker, Omega Leach, Denis Maltez, Kevin Christie, Karlye Newman, Richard DeMaar, Alexis Richie, Shanice Nibbs, Levi Snyder, Natasha Newman, Gracie James, Michael Owens, Carlton Thomas, Taylor Mangham, Carnez Boone, Benjamin Lolley, Jessica Bradford's unnamed baby, Anthony Parker, Dysheka Streeter, Corey Foster, Joseph Winters, Bruce Staeger, Kenneth Barkley, Khalil Todd, Alec Lansing, Cristian Cuellar-Gonzales, Janaia Barnhart, a DRA victim who never even showed up in the news, and yet another unnamed girl at Summit School...

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2010, 06:38:44 PM »
Quote from: "Pile of Dead Kids"
No we're not listening Danny, because your dumb ass and this stupid bitch never have anything worth listening to.

Since you were both busy eating dick while the CALO ownage was going on, suffice it to say that they had something of an information leak. Three PDFs of "treatment profiles", all the staff, and all the kids' names were posted. That and their staff manual and, more recently, their restraint training manual.

CALO is basically HLA redux, so it wouldn't surprise me that there was also a whole lot of promises made that were never kept (like 'we will actually help your children') as well.

Oh you are listening my friend. YOU ARE LISTENING.
Stand and fight, till there is no more.

Offline TigerEye

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2010, 07:53:18 PM »
Quote from: "Pile of Dead Kids"

You're quite a classy guy, Pile of Dead Kids, judging not only by your language but by your profile name and pic.... but I digress.
All the kids' names were not posted, FYI. And anyway posting kids' mental health treatment history online could not possibly benefit them or anyone else, but then you wouldn't know that, your head being up your derrier the way it us. Who are you and who has twisted you all up, anyway?

Offline Mr. Magee

• View Profile
Re: CALO the truth
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2010, 10:22:33 PM »
CALO has control over the presecutor's office and the local paper.  The bad things that happen there, stay there.  A male staffer having sex with a 15 year old girl- why did that not make the paper???  Students having sex with the dogs (bestiality)- that was kept under the rug.  The multitude of lawsuits huey throws at anyone who challenges his throne...  I am back in Utah again, I swore Id never work in one of those places again, but i need work.  MAybe i can watch from the inside and make a change, protect kids better this time.

Offline jenmichael

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2011, 08:29:46 PM »
hello i am a first timer on this site, my name is Jennifer Rose Michael. I am a former student from calo and multiple other treatment centers. Although it has been stated on many other occasions as i have see thus far, i ran away but did not get away for long. I was intercepted by the police fifteen days after my escape from calo. I was then returned to one of the previous programs that i attended, that was based in iowa. I am wondering first off how this site heard about my escape from calo and second how you have been getting information about me. I reciently turned eighteen and am wanting to know more about what i have been kept from for the past year or so. I am willing to give any information that anyone may be wanting from me. I was amazed at first that myself and my friend Tom were on this site so many times. I understand that there is a great interest in the safty of the teens of calo... but i must also admit in the same breathe that calo's primary concern is secrecy...  if anything major would happen it was usually kept from the students unless it was need to know, or seemed that it would motivate a particular student. If anyone is willing to shed some light on the subject of what is going on with my adoptive parents or what you know about my friend Tom or myself please feel free to contact me more directly at my email adress [email protected]. Thank you to any potientally helpful people who may shed some light on what is going on with John and Rose and the such. Sencerely,
                    Jen Michael