Author Topic: Here, have 91,000 classified Afghan War documents  (Read 6001 times)

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
Re: Here, have 91,000 classified Afghan War documents
« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2010, 06:25:49 PM »
My opinion, bring are boys and girls home, now.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Stand and fight, till there is no more.

Offline wdtony

• View Profile
    • http://www.pfctruth.com
« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2010, 06:42:35 PM »
Fair enough Whooter. I do remember a large majority of government representatives being "for the war". Once in 2001 and eventually persuaded in 2003.

I have always viewed the war in Iraq and the war in Afghanistan as two separate wars. One was just and the other was not. Some may consider this all one war against terror. We were not attacked by Iraq though, that is a fact.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iraq_War

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_on_Terror
Pathway Family Center Truth = http://www.pfctruth.com

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2010, 06:51:47 PM »
Quote from: "wdtony"
Fair enough Whooter. I do remember a large majority of government representatives being "for the war". Once in 2001 and eventually persuaded in 2003.

I have always viewed the war in Iraq and the war in Afghanistan as two separate wars. One was just and the other was not. Some may consider this all one war against terror. We were not attacked by Iraq though, that is a fact.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iraq_War

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_on_Terror

True,  I followed the war in Iraq very closely, but I am not up to speed on the war in Afghanistan.  I have not had the intense interest as I did with Iraq.  Maybe I am just tired of it.  Bush was so intense about what was going on over there and fired up the troops and people at home.  Obama seems to be disconnected from the whole middle east and focused on home affairs and that has been my interest lately also.

Offline wdtony

• View Profile
    • http://www.pfctruth.com
« Reply #33 on: July 31, 2010, 07:19:30 PM »
Yeah, I'm tired of it too. I don't have the answers and I don't think anyone else knows what to do at this point.
Pathway Family Center Truth = http://www.pfctruth.com

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 31, 2010, 08:04:18 PM »
Quote from: "wdtony"
Yeah, I'm tired of it too. I don't have the answers and I don't think anyone else knows what to do at this point.

Bring the men and women home, please don't get tired of this.

Offline ajax13

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 01, 2010, 01:36:37 AM »
It is really not very complicated.  Russia and China are nation states that still follow policies that deviate from the system that is dominated by US financial interests.  These financial interests, through a series of organizations of various nation states linked in the US-dominated system are attempting to isolate China and Russia militarily in order to maintain the current arrangement.  The conditions that led to the US-centred system no longer exist, and instability has resulted.  Chaos is the one consistent aspect of the period of adjustment in which we are currently living.  Until a new equilibrium is achieved, there will be war.
"AARC will go on serving youth and families as long as it will be needed, if it keeps open to God for inspiration" Dr. F. Dean Vause Executive Director

MR. NELSON: Mr. Speaker, AADAC has been involved with
assistance in developing the program of the Alberta Adolescent
Recovery Centre since its inception originally as Kids of the
Canadian West."
Alberta Hansard, March 24, 1992

Offline Stonewall

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 01, 2010, 03:28:26 AM »
Quote from: "ajax13"
It is really not very complicated.  Russia and China are nation states that still follow policies that deviate from the system that is dominated by US financial interests.  These financial interests, through a series of organizations of various nation states linked in the US-dominated system are attempting to isolate China and Russia militarily in order to maintain the current arrangement.  The conditions that led to the US-centred system no longer exist, and instability has resulted.  Chaos is the one consistent aspect of the period of adjustment in which we are currently living.  Until a new equilibrium is achieved, there will be war.

Very Scary... I mean your opinion.

Russia and China. In the last century both countries have killed tens of millions of their own citizens.

Offline ajax13

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 01, 2010, 04:51:11 AM »
Hilarious as always, Stonewall.  As if my opinion could scare you.  My opinion can't take you from your home and incarcerate you, nor can it cause you nor anyone else physical harm.  
Millions of Chinese and Russians were killed in the last century by agents of their own governments and millions more by an array of foreign occupying forces.  At the end of the First World War occupying armies from France, Great Britain, Japan, the United States and Canada entered Russia.  The Germans killed millions of Russians during the Second World War.  China was also occupied by foreign powers and millions of Chinese were killed in the course of the Sino-Japanese War.  Hundreds of thousands of Americans were killed by other Americans during the US civil war.  Twenty per cent of the population of North Korea was killed by the United States during the Korean War according to General Curtis Lemay.  I know that you are a clever satirist, I just don't see the punchline this time.
"AARC will go on serving youth and families as long as it will be needed, if it keeps open to God for inspiration" Dr. F. Dean Vause Executive Director

MR. NELSON: Mr. Speaker, AADAC has been involved with
assistance in developing the program of the Alberta Adolescent
Recovery Centre since its inception originally as Kids of the
Canadian West."
Alberta Hansard, March 24, 1992

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 01, 2010, 01:15:19 PM »
Quote from: "Stonewall"

Very Scary... I mean your opinion.

Russia and China. In the last century both countries have killed tens of millions of their own citizens.

That's just in the last century, keep going there's millions more dead.

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 01, 2010, 01:41:47 PM »
There's so many of us
There's so many of us
There's so many
There's so many of us
There's so many of us
There's so many

Let's have a war
So you can go and die!
Let's have a war!
We could all use the money!
Let's have a war!
We need the space!
Let's have a war!
Clean out this place!

It already started in the city!
Suburbia will be just as easy!

Let's have a war!
Jack up the Dow Jones!
Let's have a war!
It can start in New Jersey!
Let's have a war!
Blame it on the middle-class!
Let's have a war!
We're like rats in a cage!

Let's have a war!
Sell the rights to the networks!
Let's have a war!
General Motors get fat like last time!
Let's have a war!
Give guns to the queers!
Let's have a war!
The enemy's within!

:twofinger:

Offline Stonewall

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 15, 2010, 03:08:49 PM »
Hilarious as always, Stonewall.  As if my opinion could scare you.  My opinion can't take you from your home and incarcerate you, nor can it cause you nor anyone else physical harm.  
Millions of Chinese and Russians were killed in the last century by agents of their own governments and millions more by an array of foreign occupying forces.  At the end of the First World War occupying armies from France, Great Britain, Japan, the United States and Canada entered Russia.  The Germans killed millions of Russians during the Second World War.  China was also occupied by foreign powers and millions of Chinese were killed in the course of the Sino-Japanese War.  Hundreds of thousands of Americans were killed by other Americans during the US civil war.  Twenty per cent of the population of North Korea was killed by the United States during the Korean War according to General Curtis Lemay.  I know that you are a clever satirist, I just don't see the punchline this time.

Russia's military is already isolated. Their Navy is useless. China does not have a blue water Navy. China is actually benefiting greatly under the current world financial system.

I do agree with you that the main way to be an enemy of the U.S. you must deviate from the financial system that is dominated by the U.S.. The so called Free Market World Economy. Globalization.

It used to be that ideology would create enemies for the U.S.. Like Communism & Nazism. That is not necessarily true anymore. Even Radical Islamic States are not enemies of the U.S. because of their ideology, what I mean by that is, well here is an example... Look at Iran. Iran is our enemy not because of their ideology or religion.  It is our enemy because Iran has an agenda that tries to upset our version of economics, the World economy, Globalization. Iran does not want to play the game. They have their own game and wish to have it expand and dominate. We say we are against their human rights in their own country and their export of terror... and I'm sure we do not like those things but that alone would not make you an enemy. Proof of that is our relationship with Saudi Arabia. They have the same type of human rights issues and they export terror, much more than Iran does. But, Arabia plays the economic game. They go along with the world economy. They do not make waves economically.

The basic reality is, if you play America's economic game... you are in, if you don't you are out. That is what matters in American Foreign Policy. Not ideology, not human rights, just the money...

And, what is even worse is that this hurts America.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #41 on: August 15, 2010, 06:28:03 PM »
Quote from: "Stonewall"
Proof of that is our relationship with Saudi Arabia. They have the same type of human rights issues and they export terror, much more than Iran does. But, Arabia plays the economic game. They go along with the world economy. They do not make waves economically.

The basic reality is, if you play America's economic game... you are in, if you don't you are out. That is what matters in American Foreign Policy. Not ideology, not human rights, just the money...

And, what is even worse is that this hurts America.

:notworthy:

So now the question is how should decent people respond?
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes