Author Topic: honk if you remember the seed  (Read 7452 times)

Offline Dr. Acula

• View Profile
nothing
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2010, 08:07:11 AM »
:tup:
« Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 09:23:07 AM by Dr. Acula »

Offline none-ya

• View Profile
Re: honk if you remember the seed
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2010, 09:23:47 AM »
What gives with you? At first you had no idea what I was talking about.Now you sound like you you answered it for me. You didn't. You got the answer from Ursus. But  you know what else we've never heard out of you?
THE SEED WAS A REALLY BAD PLACE. RUN BY REALLY BAD PEOPLE
I can tell you don't believe that.
This is for you,

Zip-a-dee-doo-dah zip-a-dee-ay
My oh my what a wonderful day
Plenty of sunshine heading my way

Mr bluebirds on my shoulder
It's the truth its actual
And everything is satisfactual

Wonderful feeling
Wonderful day

Kinda' takes you back don't it?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
?©?€~¥@

Offline Johnny G

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2010, 12:36:04 PM »
I'll stay in the present, thanks

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2010, 12:38:22 PM »
Quote from: "Johnny G"

Me too.  Who would want to revisit those horrible days!
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline none-ya

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2010, 12:51:36 PM »
If you don't want to talk about the seed, why are you even here?
And to ms. Anne, were you a seedling? There aren't very many of us left here on fornits.
?©?€~¥@

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2010, 12:53:13 PM »
Quote from: "none-ya"
If you don't want to talk about the seed, why are you even here?
And to ms. Anne, were you a seedling? There aren't very many of us left here on fornits.

Nah....it's descendant, Straight.
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2010, 01:06:24 PM »
Quote from: "Anne Bonney"
Quote from: "Johnny G"
Me too.  Who would want to revisit those horrible days!
Sometimes it's helpful to understand the past (or at least know enough), so that it doesn't become the future.
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2010, 02:37:36 PM »
Nun-ya, I sort of was a Seedling. My 3 older brothers and one sister were in Ft. Laud all through the `70's. Both the Andrews Ave building and SR84. I landed up in Straight from `80 to late `82.

You're right. Not many Seedlings post here anymore. I think that's mostly because the cult drew back to very small numbers in the late seventies. Seems as though latter day Seedlings tended to hang around for years with very rarely an intake, so there just aren't that many people to begin with. Those with an interest have said almost all they have to say and don't check back all that often if at all.  If you're looking to find people you knew or background info on times and locations you didn't live through try looking back over older posts. Some of those registered usernames probably still have valid email addresses so you can try and contact anybody you might wish to talk to.

Anyway, welcome.
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Johnny G

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2010, 03:35:47 PM »
It is kind of a closed society when the only acceptable discourse concerns rehashing various platitudes (the seed sucks, barker sucks. etc.) and idle threats;

I attempted to discuss the latter day phenomena of people hanging out for several years, having done it myself, but was apparently not sufficiently combative.

Offline none-ya

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2010, 03:09:35 AM »
Johnny G wrote
It is kind of a closed society when the only acceptable discourse concerns rehashing various platitudes (the seed sucks, barker sucks. etc.) and idle threats;

So let me get this straight. You've come to praise Barker, not to bury him? That's really kinda' sad. 'Cause that old bastard never gave a shit about you or anybody else in his cult. Only the bottom line $$$.
By the way,how many of those peanut butter and jelly sandwiches do you recon you ate in 5 years?
?©?€~¥@

Offline Johnny G

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2010, 06:36:02 AM »
Johnny G wrote

So let me get this straight. You've come to praise Barker,

I don't see how this gets misconstrued as praise , as I said - it must not be combative enough.

If all I wanted to do was lob insults or idle threats then I would have gotten that out of my system a long ago;
This has all been repeated ad infinitum over the life of this forum, so it no longer has any impact.

BTW:  As I said, I didn't spend a lot of time in the group after year one, so not many PBJs .

Offline none-ya

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2010, 11:57:02 AM »
I just want to know , how is it that you don't hate those people.  I guess I'll never understand why anyone who could simply walk away from thier captor, oppressor, jailer, kidnapper, cult leader,ect... at will. Why would they stay?  Sounds like Stockholm syndrome.
http://sniggle.net/stock.php
?©?€~¥@

Offline Johnny G

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2010, 12:36:37 PM »
It has a lot to do with the context

Unlike many (maybe everyone) on this forum, I had already convinced myself that I was screwed up, so I didn't go in kicking and screaming about how I wasn't that bad - pretty much everyone looked like they had it more together.

Unlike most on the forum, I was not brought in under duress - it seemed like a good option - I came up with the "deadorinjail" line long before I showed up at the seed.

I was not a happy go lucky kid, life sucked big time;

I was the perfect candidate for cult membership.

I wasn't court ordered, My attorney recommended I go somewhere to get out of circulation for a while;

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2010, 01:25:00 PM »
Ya know, nun-ya, I don't really hate these people either. I hate what the whole thing did to my family and my mind personally. And I think it's sad as hell that people like Art and Libbi and the rest of the cadre have spent their lives wrapped up in an insular little cult. I once got a call from Libbi's sister in law asking for help in getting a message through to her brother. They evidently hadn't spoken in years and she couldn't be sure if whoever was answering the phone at the Seed was passing on the message that the family had been trying to contact him. Probably not. They probably thought they were protecting him by saving him the temptation to talk to splits, pulls and fuck-ups.

Very sad. And my family is the same way to a lessor degree. I'm an apostate to the Seedling/Drug war religion and therefore pretty much cast out of my family.

But I probably wouldn't go to the trouble of publishing and muck raking on the topic just for that. I think people who run these kinds of organizations are dangerous to the public and to future generations. Even though the telling of this story is painful and embarrassing to the people involved, that really is not my object in telling it. My only object is to encourage debate and understanding of the phenomena so that, hopefully, they will lose the power to abuse future generations.
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline karenshoe1

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2010, 10:03:31 PM »
Until last night, like some sort of epiphany, I realized that that part of my life could explain for a lot of the things I feel now. I felt betrayed by my parents for putting me there, although I've always professed to love them very much. I remember not being able to tell them what really went on in there for fear they would raise Hell, and I, in turn, would wind back up on the "front row." Remember the "front row?" It's your worst nightmare; means you had to start ALL over again from the beginning. Like a jailed inmate counting down his/her days to freedom all goes away in the blink of an eye because of some perceived wrong by "them". Suzy Barker, Art's niece, Libby McDonald, just plain bitch are some of the few I remember. I remember having to clap, smile and sing some special song whenever Art graced us with his presence. We were told, but I never saw, the famous "Jackie Gleason Limo" he would pull up in; presumably given to Art by Jackie because they were such good friends. I remember falling to the ground from heat exhaustion outside performing forced exercises (no A/C indoors, remember), and the famous peanut butter and jelly sandwiches made in the early a.m. but not served to us for hours later, while the jelly would roll down my wrists. Couldn't go the the bathroom though to wash up...constantly accused of lying about needing to use the bathroom. Accused of wanting to get out of the current "rap session" bc it must be hitting too close to home for me. I remember making stuff up to stand up and speak just so I wouldn't be the one they "hit" on that day. "Standing you up", I think they called it. I remember spending the night in stranger's homes dying to ask them for some food to eat, but feeling rude for thinking it instead. In retrospect, Art had no overhead. The staff were "volunteers", PBJ's were the standard food, the strangers fed you in the morning and at night if you were lucky; there was no A/C costs, the chairs you could pick up at any garage sale, and so my parent's hard earned money went straight into the bastard's pockets. I think it's only fair that he participate in funding my therapy today. I have so much more to say, but I need to know if anyone is really listening to this. I've needed to say this for over 36 years now. Thanks.