Author Topic: STOP HR911 Already  (Read 5887 times)

Offline Rusty Goat

• View Profile
Re: STOP HR911 Already
« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2010, 03:08:52 PM »
Then why do people post petitions to support the bill if it's dead already? I'd just like an official confirmation one way or another but nobody seems to be able to offer it. What's a bugger's wall? I've heard that tune albeit many years ago, but I'm still attempting a correlation with this situation.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline BuzzKill

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2010, 05:18:52 PM »
I can only assume people hope to get it revived as I do. May hope never die.
The wall thing is just a reference to your head banging "smilie" (  :wall:  ) I thought I'd post the whole bit after using the one line b/c the whole bit is short enuff and I've always liked it.  Thats all.

Offline Rusty Goat

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2010, 09:30:26 PM »
Well, I use the  :wall: because it's how I feel when I try and tell folks that this bill should die ASAP (if it already hasn't). BUT, it would be really great if someone who knows its official status would be so kind as to provide an official certified etc... update. I am disappointed that people who work in that office in DC and even in VA would not return calls and emails regarding this matter, regardless of if it died or not. They're supposed to be working for the people, you know...

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2010, 10:14:09 PM »
Other way around..

Government is served by the people didn't you know. We march in lockstep with our glorious leaders for a more prosperous and beige tomorrow.

Offline BuzzKill

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 25, 2010, 09:32:01 AM »
Quote from: "Rusty Goat"
Well, I use the  :wall: because it's how I feel when I try and tell folks that this bill should die ASAP (if it already hasn't). BUT, it would be really great if someone who knows its official status would be so kind as to provide an official certified etc... update. I am disappointed that people who work in that office in DC and even in VA would not return calls and emails regarding this matter, regardless of if it died or not. They're supposed to be working for the people, you know...

I know how you feel Bill ( :wall: ) I sometimes think I've spent my life doing this.

As to DC, be patient. I wrote McConnel with-in days of being called to work for the Census as I had a beef or two I wanted to hash out and have explained. I got a response last week - about 6 weeks after the Census wrapped up and cut us all loose, so about 3 months since I wrote my letter.  And, while it was polite and expressed interest there was no answer provided; just a promise to look into things.