Treatment Abuse, Behavior Modification, Thought Reform > EdCons and referring organizations and agencies

ed attorney

(1/4) > >>

sad:
I'm not sure this belongs in this forum; here's my question:
I'm looking at educational attorneys to help me get reimbursement for residential care for a teen.
I have been provided with three names here in NY. Do you recognize any of them and do you know if they deliver the goods? The local district will make their recommendations as to residential placements and I'd like to reject their placements and choose my own and ask them to re-imburse me for that.
Some attorneys claim they can accomplish this feat. But what has been people's experiences here?

Anne Bonney:

--- Quote from: "sad" ---I'm not sure this belongs in this forum; here's my question:
I'm looking at educational attorneys to help me get reimbursement for residential care for a teen.
I have been provided with three names here in NY. Do you recognize any of them and do you know if they deliver the goods? The local district will make their recommendations as to residential placements and I'd like to reject their placements and choose my own and ask them to re-imburse me for that.
Some attorneys claim they can accomplish this feat. But what has been people's experiences here?
--- End quote ---

Uh, well.......how can we recognize them if you don't state the names?  And what is an "educational attorney"?

Whooter:
An Ed Attorney is another advocate for your child.  They help to get services to support what outside agencies and or testing define as needed for the child's IEP.  You definitely need one if you are considering going against school/state recommendation placement and trying to get the state to pay for a more expensive treatment plan.... especially 12 months or more.

Anne Bonney:

--- Quote from: "Whooter" ---An Ed Attorney is another advocate for your child.  They help to get services to support what outside agencies and or testing define as needed for the child's IEP.  You definitely need one if you are considering going against school/state recommendation placement and trying to get the state to pay for a more expensive treatment plan.... especially 12 months or more.
--- End quote ---

Really?  What kind of CLE courses does one attend to obtain this specialty?

Whooter:

--- Quote from: "Anne Bonney" ---
--- Quote from: "Whooter" ---An Ed Attorney is another advocate for your child.  They help to get services to support what outside agencies and or testing define as needed for the child's IEP.  You definitely need one if you are considering going against school/state recommendation placement and trying to get the state to pay for a more expensive treatment plan.... especially 12 months or more.
--- End quote ---

Really?  What kind of CLE courses does one attend to obtain this specialty?
--- End quote ---

Not sure.  I know they have a law degree, because a friend of mine hired one for their special needs child, but beyond that I am not sure what makes them stand apart as far as being an advocate for a child, trial lawyer, business law, woman’s rights, probate, real-estate law, etc.  They all must take some type of course to help them in their respective specialties/fields.  I think you can get a lawyer for just about anything now a days.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version