Treatment Abuse, Behavior Modification, Thought Reform > Facility Question and Answers

Open Sky Wilderness in Colorado

(1/14) > >>

sad:
Does anyone have info on that place?
Their website makes it look all nicey nicey but is it really so?

walkedthere:
See my response to "does residential work".  For wilderness, add the question of whether or not it is a good idea for a particular person at all.  Some therapeutic boarding schools require wilderness or something similar before enrolling a student, soem other good ones regard it as a waste of time and money.  Much has to do with the nature of the student's 'issues' and the nature of the school's program.  As another post indicates you are considering a particular school on Long Island, I'd guess wilderness would be unnecessary.

Pile of Dead Kids:
Edit: Having one new poster right after another one smelled strongly of samefaggotry. I wonder how many programmies without accounts prowl this board?

sad:
What is samefaggotry?
I was referring to a school in Long Island but I've read somwhere here on this site a child was there for two years! I take this to mean they do not do a good job.
I want to cross Harmaony Heights off my list but want some reasons for doing so. The school district is recommending a list of places and I want to have reasons to reject those places.
Is there a residential facility that is good?
Has anyone been to Open Sky and can share what goes on there?

Pile of Dead Kids:

--- Quote from: "sad" ---What is samefaggotry?
--- End quote ---

Well, if you aren't the same person (samefag) as the other poster then you got a brand new follower the moment you showed up here. Congrats!

--- Quote from: "sad" ---I was referring to a school in Long Island but I've read somwhere here on this site a child was there for two years! I take this to mean they do not do a good job.
--- End quote ---

Most programs will keep your kid as long as the money keeps flowing. Academic boarding schools can encompass all of high school.

--- Quote ---I want to cross Harmaony Heights off my list but want some reasons for doing so. The school district is recommending a list of places and I want to have reasons to reject those places.
--- End quote ---

Can't really help you much there, as we don't have much information on that program anywhere on this board. Because they take "weekly" students, that's an obvious mechanism for information to get out; it's not likely that Harmony Heights is guilty of the more heinous abuses described on Fornits.

--- Quote from: "sad" ---Is there a residential facility that is good?
--- End quote ---

Yes! Yes there is. Put five bullets in a revolver, and spin the chambers without looking. Pull back the hammer, put it to your head, squeeze the trigger, and if it just goes *click* and your brains are still inside your skull, you found the good one.

But, again, because of the Monday-Friday day school option, this one isn't likely to be *particularly* nasty and the overall verdict looks like "eh, it's a boarding school, don't send your kids there unless you really have to".

--- Quote from: "sad" ---Has anyone been to Open Sky and can share what goes on there?
--- End quote ---

http://wiki.fornits.com/index.php?title ... ss_Therapy

Looks like same shit, different name as far as wilderness programs go, with the official NATSAP Seal of Guaranteed Child Abuse on it and everything.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version