Author Topic: A Report on Richard Bradbury's Trial  (Read 1458 times)

Offline wesfager

• View Profile
    • http://www.thestraights.com
A Report on Richard Bradbury's Trial
« on: September 22, 2003, 08:10:00 PM »
As you know Richard Bradbury is being sued by Mel Sembler over a medical device. One of the causes is the intentional infliction of emotional distress. Melvin intends on suing Bradbury out of financial existence. I spent over a week looking into this case and documenting my findings which are posted on theStraights.com . I want to say a few words about what I uncovered. First let me say that as you know Straight intentionally subjected its clients to brainwashing in the classical Chinese Communist sense. This is a two part process. The breaking down of self and the rebuilding of the person in the Communist image. When breaking the person down there was intent on food and sleep deprivations, beatings, spitting, sexual confessions, confusion, terror. All of this and it was intentional. Straight's declared point is that addiction is a terminal disease and that desperate measures were needed to save the individual child. Straight clients were terrified, felt hopeless and many lost the will to live. Some carved on their bodies as calls for help; others cut themselves intent on killing themselves to escape the misery.

Straight caused the intentional inflection of emotional distress to tens of thousands of kids. How dare Mr. Sembler sue Richard Bradbury or any other former Straight client for intentional infliction of emotional damage and I don't care how outrageous he feels that person's activities have been. Furthermore Straight made $100 million dollars. How dare him squeeze another penny from another Straight client.

Here's what I found. One day around 1982 Richard Bradbury paid his sister a visit at Straight and got kidnapped like so many others into the program himself. I believe he was sexually molested at Straight. Like so many graduates he became a counselor at Straight. It dawned on him one day that Straight was abusing kids. He tried to affect change from within but Straight would not allow it so he left. For eight years he worked almost alone to close Straight finally catching the eye of the local TV stations and that did it.

In 1988 some escaped clients went to Bradbury and authorized him to get their records. Straight blew Bradbury off so he broke in to get those records. Prosecutors knew what he was doing but they tried to put him in jail for a year. One prosecutor was Richard Mensch. His brother Myron was on Straight's board. Another prosecutor was soon to be on Straight's board. The Straight concept had been brought to Pinellas County by the head prosecutor. The prosecutors said that one fault with Bradbury was that he was harassing Mel Sembler!

Now Sembler has filed a civil suit and yet Bernie McCabe the prosecutor and Everett Rice the Sheriff are both investigating Bradbury to see if he has done anything criminal. What I have done in my report is to show that Straight should have been investigated by the sheriff and by the prosecutor, but they did not. Instead they took campaign contributions from Sembler and his crowd. And I've listed the donations.

Sembler's attorney Lenny Englander had judge Walt Logan issue a temporary injunction against Bradbury. Logan's biggest campaign donator outside himself is Walter Lobenberg, Straight Fdn's former president. I have shown that Lenny Englander has used Judge Walt Logan on another occasion to silence a man who was exposing alleged fraud.

The press has reported that Bradbury took the medical device from a poor old man with prostrate cancer. But through Straight, a lot of misrepresentations have been made. Does Sembler actually have cancer or is it alleged cancer? The press said when Sembler asked for it back, Bradbury said give me $700,000. But is that all that was said? Did Bradbury say pay me money for the medical expenses you have caused me and also give part of it to charities working for Straight victims. Did Sembler say it was than a matter of getting the device back but also that Bradbury would have to sign a statement admitting he had performed a crime?

I have documented that the sheriff and the state attorney are investigating Bradbury because Bradbury has data tying them to Straight, and also they are tied to Sembler's pockets. This is scandal and should be investigated, but Mayor Baker can't, I point out, because he's on Straight's advisory board. The state police could investigate but the chief of the state police is on Straight's advisory board. And so it goes up the chain to the governor who is in Sembler's pockets himself.

I spent a lot of time uncovering and documenting this data as I feel it is crucial to keep the authorities from turning this into a criminal case.

Personally I had heard of the medical device and its advertisement on eBay but had not carried the story. But everything changed after the suit. Now I write about it. Hell, why not? ABC News does as does the St Pete Times! Bradbury did what he did to bring attention to the plight of the people posting on this board. And already he has achieved that. And I think the exposure will continue to grow.

But I have been very displeased from what I read on this forum. Namely nobody hardly mentions the Bradbury case. There's a man facing being sued our of existence and maybe even facing jail time on trumped-up charges.

Few of you have read my article which is extremely factual. I think Bradbury has an excellent chance of winning this matter. Some have pointed out that Bradbury may want Straight brought out in a trial, but Englander won't let that happen. But Bradbury has an excellent free speech attorney, so let's see. Read the fact sheet and I think you'll agree with me, that if teh word "Straight" get's in, we all will have a field day. My story is long, very long, but the factual basis of so many years of fraud, abuse and political payoffs is so compelling that it is a long story.

You all know the potential dangers of any program where a kid can't have free access to his parents at, as a minimum, reasonable, set-aside times. Straight's bull that a kid has to earn back that privilege is just that--bull. You have an obligation to any kid in any second generation Straight that is still doing that to see that he can speak, in private with his folks.

When you get a chance, please read "Criminal authorities investigating Ray Bradbury, 6th Circuit silences Kane's Furniture / Straight critics, and Lenny Englander becomes part of the story or why Bradbury can't get a fair trial in Florida." It's right at the top at

http://www.thestraights.com

Thank you,

Wes Fager

[ This Message was edited by: wesfager on 2003-09-22 17:17 ]
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
es Fager
www.thestraights.com

\"If David Miscaviage can go to his deposition as Admiral Farragut, then Keith Henson can go as Bozo the Clown.\"  Wes Fager

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2003, 09:42:00 PM »
Hi Wes,

Though I appreciate your posts, there's just one problem here. It's like everyone's being kept in the dark not knowing the latest in this gag order. We don't have any kind of time frame when the attorneys are going to take all this to the next step, whatever that is. I noticed when this all came out, there were some people encouraging Richard on and that's good, but what happens next, and when does it happen? People just aren't sure what to do next. I think contributing to Richard's attorney is a given, the question really though is ~ what next?, and when?

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2003, 09:43:00 PM »
Wes, has Tom issued any press releases? Do we know anything? What's going on? I read the article. I get the significance.

"In Germany they came first for the Communists, and I didn?t speak up because I wasn?t a Communist. Then they came for the Jews, and I didn?t speak up because I wasn?t a Jew. Then they came for the trade unionists, and I didn?t speak up because I wasn?t a trade unionist. Then they came for Catholics, and I didn?t speak up because I was a Protestant. Then they came for me, and by that time no one was left to speak up."
--Protestant minister Martin Neimoller

All Program survivors who wish to protect their own right to speak out about the Program (by any other name, does it not smell as rank?) have a vested, personal, self serving interest in doing everything we can to help Richard. That's about the only kind of interest one can really count on in this world, so it's really the high grade stuff. If we stand by and do nothing, guess what, folks,

We're Next!

Anyone who thinks the drug war is not such a good idea ought to stand up and take notice of how these particular people are have been trying to squash Richard, and in fact have successfully squashed dissent, even clearly valid criminal complaints and investigations cause, guess what folks

We're Next!

Anyone who hates to see a small town full of family owned businesses turn into slums and ghost towns after the former business owners have seen their hard earned tax money go to subsidize a new strip mall with a Wally World and Eckerd Drugs and doesn't want to get squashed like a bug when they try to oppose the same plan in their home town ought to pay careful attention and raise a hew and cry for Richard cause....

...well, you know.

Anyone who doubts that stepping up our military involvement in Colombia should really watch this story closely if they don't want to come into the same kind of trouble.

But, for some damned reason, no one seems to care.

Nothing is denied to well-directed labor, and nothing is ever to be
attained without it.
--Joshua Reynolds (1723-1792)

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2003, 07:28:00 AM »
We all care.  I've tried to click on the links regarding Richards case but end up in cyber nowhere.  Maybe my computer sucks, or aol sucks.  I don't know, but I can't successfully get the info on it.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2003, 08:30:00 AM »
Are you having trouble with the main page, http://thestraights.com/ ? It may take some time to load because there are a lot of graphics and a sound file. See if you can get the basic page to display by hitting escape while it's loading.

It is criminal to steal a purse. It is daring to steal a fortune. It is a mark of greatness to steal a crown. The blame diminishes as the guilt increases

--Schiller (1759-1805)

Offline wesfager

• View Profile
    • http://www.thestraights.com
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2003, 06:39:00 AM »
I have reorganized the story and cut it down into smaller, logical, linkable  chunks for better understanding and quicker loading  so that it can be read in parts at different sessions.   It is under Pump Gate on http://www.thestraights.com (I have even cut down the size of thestraights dot com by 30% for faster loading.)

Wes Fager
es Fager
www.thestraights.com

\"If David Miscaviage can go to his deposition as Admiral Farragut, then Keith Henson can go as Bozo the Clown.\"  Wes Fager

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2003, 08:01:00 AM »
Dumpster diving is legal just about everywhere.  
Mel Sembler is a public figure and the US Supreame
Court has already decided that we can talk shit about those in the public eye.  I think Richard will be alright.  I hope he counter sues. :tup:

Offline sammiegirl

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2003, 10:10:00 AM »
As you all know I am in total support of Richards fight and i will always do what I can too, show that support. I will be taking a winnibego around the USA speaking about what Rich is doing, what I am doing as well as Wes, Rhonda, Mike and the others. It is more important now to show solidarity and stand together.... We must all become one with the cause of helping the victims of Straight and the other programs as well as exposing the places that continue the treatment modality. I will be in ea state and would love to come speak in your town so please if you would like me to come visit let me know... [email protected]
I love you Rich hang in there the universe and Karma is on our side.. Wes What can I say THANK YOU THANK YOU. Ginger, well, you know :razz:  I pray we all endure
sammie
ND THE TRUTH WILL SET US FREE

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2003, 01:35:00 PM »
:razz:

After all, who wouldn't prefer Middle Earth, unless they've been corrupted by a Ring of Power?

http://www.lewrockwell.com/elkins/elkins73.html' target='_new'>December 24, 2002