Author Topic: Australian boot camp movie "Redneck" - local inspiration?  (Read 824 times)

Offline Oscar

• View Profile
    • Secret Prisons for Teens
Australian boot camp movie "Redneck" - local inspiration?
« on: May 18, 2010, 04:15:10 PM »
Luke Ledger follows Oscar-winning cousin into film, The Sydney Morning Herald

Where did they find the inspiration for this movie from? Is it local or did they look abroad?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Oz girl

• View Profile
Re: Australian boot camp movie "Redneck" - local inspiration?
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2010, 07:24:51 AM »
To the best of my knowledge we do not have bootcamps here as such here. I could be wrong and if we do they are very well hidden and have no internet presence. There have been a few wilderness type things but the kids go consensually and they only last for about a week. One i know of is called Operaton flinders. Of the kids i have spoken to the response was overall positive although it did not do anything to stop any of the kids i spoke to from continuing to be "at risk". Most say it is pretty demanding physically but they are given several warnings of this before signing on. in terms of "therapy" there is none as such. The Therapy is doing the course itself. The theory is the kids feel a sense of achievement for signing on and seeing it through. Medically the kids are very well taken care of as the program is sponsored in part by SA Ambulance. Of the kids i spoke to they all said they got very good medical care. The food sounded pretty crappy as it is carried mostly in the backpacks with the exception of a few of the dinners. hope this helps
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
n case you\'re worried about what\'s going to become of the younger generation, it\'s going to grow up and start worrying about the younger generation.-Roger Allen