Author Topic: INSIDE EDITION  (Read 8192 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
INSIDE EDITION
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2003, 12:22:00 AM »
Did I read somewhere that Ryan Friedenburg is the LEAD plantiff in the class action?  :rofl:

Deborah - you make no sense to me at all!  Personal effects, etc?  They clearly shot that video AFTER the place was destroyed by the renegade teens. WHY would there be any personal effects?  So what if there were 12 or 15 kids in the room?  They chose to not appreciate what they had at home, so...too bad, so,sad.  Your filters look for the negative.  Is it fun being you?  Though it would be hard to find anything positive in that story,you've taken it levels lower in your own mind.

Back to Ryan. :rofl: I truly hope he's NOT the lead plantiff...for the cause will crash and burn.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
INSIDE EDITION
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2003, 01:02:00 AM »
On 2003-09-23 21:22:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Did I read somewhere that Ryan Friedenburg is the LEAD plantiff in the class action?  :rofl:

Deborah - you make no sense to me at all!  Personal effects, etc?  They clearly shot that video AFTER the place was destroyed by the renegade teens. WHY would there be any personal effects?  So what if there were 12 or 15 kids in the room?  They chose to not appreciate what they had at home, so...too bad, so,sad.  Your filters look for the negative.  Is it fun being you?  Though it would be hard to find anything positive in that story,you've taken it levels lower in your own mind.

Back to Ryan. :rofl: I truly hope he's NOT the lead plantiff...for the cause will crash and burn.     "

Speaking of the class-action-lawsuit, what is the REAL REASON it has yet to be filed?  ISAC has been promoting it on their website for awhile now and there have been many posts on this forum urging parents and former students to "get on board" since the announcement of this soon-to-be-filed lawsuit was made 4 months ago.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
INSIDE EDITION
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2003, 04:26:00 AM »
high impact : behind the walls
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 My son was in Casa by the Sea for 7 months. Dace Goulding manufactured a lie about my son and true to the form and purpose of WWASP manipulated me into agreeing to send my boy to High Impact. He said that he oversaw the place and that it was a camping experience for those who go and that it covered a beautiful vast area and was very secluded and secure. My son got in an altercation there when the staff who was supposed to watch the boys 24/7 left them alone. My son suffered a broken thumb. He was thrown into a dog kennel cage (I have a video of High Impact provided to me by a detective who investigated it for me.) He was in this cage for 8 days. The first 3 days, he was made to lay on his stomach in the hog tied position with his chin out and supporting his head. He was told not to move lest he be electroucted with a cattle prod. The prod was discharged inches from his face so that he would know it worked. Now before he was trown into the cage, he was beaten by the staff. Efren Hernandez Garcia, grabbed my son by his ears and slammed his face into the dirt until the teeth in his lower jaw broke through to the outside of his lower lip. He was thrown into the cage and his clothes were removed and he lay in a pool of blood from his injury. This is is how he spent his nights. Each night he prayed to go numb from the cold by the numbness never came. He had to lay still as insects crawled over him. At sunrise, he was made to put on thermal underwear and then a heavy woolen sweat suit of navy blue. The temperatures in the day were over 100. He was forced to march. He would fight to not put the sweats on. The staff would grab his broken thumb and twist it to force him to put the clothes on. He complained constantly that his thumb was broken. He was never treated or given medical attention. He was fed only bread and water for 3 days. During the forced marches in the desert heat wearing clothes designed to provoke a heat stroke, he was given an ounce of water every hour. He should have been given a quart. When I finally got him out of there, he was taken to an emergency room. He was immediately scheduled for emergency orthopaedic surgery. He had a bone broken in three places that needed to be put back together with two screws. It was my reports to Mexican authorities that led to the shut down of High Impact. Dace Goulding lies to this day about his knowledge and involvement in High Impact. It was his idea, he oversaw it. The first director, Efren Hernandez, said that Dace Goulding was his boss. The initial calls to High Impact were handled by Casa by the Sea. I am a member in Jeff Berryman's group and am still trying to get a good lawyer. I had one, Tom Burton, but everyone told me to drop him. My son turned 18 this past April. My son sank deeply into hell, the whole year after he was removed from WWASP. I was a program parent until I realized it was the program manipulating me, not my son.

Offline FaceKhan

• View Profile
INSIDE EDITION
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2003, 04:30:00 AM »
I don't watch tv news but I am curious about this Texas family everyone is talking about. What did they say?
All of the darkness of the world cannot put out the light of one small candle.\"

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
INSIDE EDITION
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2003, 07:08:00 AM »
***Deborah - you make no sense to me at all! Personal effects, etc? They clearly shot that video AFTER the place was destroyed by the renegade teens. WHY would there be any personal effects?

The sleeping quarters were not destroyed, the beds were made and there was nothing on the floor. There were only bunk beds that looked like they were constructed of used lumber. The kids were packed in like sardines with a small walkway. No pictures on the wall, no personal space or personal effects. There was no place for personal effects if they had any, no storage. That might be okay in your mind, but those conditions would not fly with any reasonable state regulator, or any reasonable parent. BTW, the teens shown leaving Dundee were not carrying anything.

**So what if there were 12 or 15 kids in the room?

So what? You obviously have been duped regarding what is and is not humane treatment. Seems to me that you are "choosing" not to acknowledge what is blatantly wrong with this scenerio. 12-15 in a larger room may not be so bad, although I think there are limits on that as well. The issue was the size of space they had 12-15 in. It wouldn't fly here. It violates Safety and Health codes.

**They chose to not appreciate what they had at home, so...too bad, so,sad. Your filters look for the negative.

And you perceive a hell-hole concentration camp for teens as acceptable, positive. You apparently have bought the party line that says teens deserve to be treated inhumanely because they "CHOSE to not appreciate what they had at home". Is that what all you program parents are really pissed about? So after 2 years in a concentration camp they'll certainly return and "appreciate" what you have to offer. Is that how it works?
And the use of the word CHOSE. Very cleverly designed propoganda for turning parents against their kids. It implies that the child is totally conscious of the "choices" they are making and at fault. This is wrong thinking, but does serve the purpose of dividing and conquering, and justifying "extreme austere measures". Hold the child accountable and let the parent off the hook. Cause after all, if they are consciously choosing to be inappreciative, they deserve to be banished to hell for a reality check. Right?

**Is it fun being you?

It is. Is that something that is drilled into ya'll in seminar? Seems you or another anon has asked that same question before. Everytime I hear it I envision a nine yr old asking it. I interpret it as an indirect communication. I think you resent me and just don't know how to express it.

***Though it would be hard to find anything positive in that story,you've taken it levels lower in your own mind.

Levels lower, no, just viewing it and comparing it to what is considered reasonable, sane, and humane treatment by state regulators and the majority of Americans who don't hate teens. It may be hard to find anything positive because there isn't anything. I know you and others would prefer that they just interview parents and grads without going inside the facility.
I for one, would prefer to "see" their BM techniques in action. I would like to see how they restrain and for what reasons, what actually happens in OP, etc. I don't believe a parent could watch it happening to their child and decide it was appropriate treatment. As long as it's out-of-sight-out-of-mind, and there are other program parents repeating the mantra, "trust the program", parents won't know unless it is exposed. In that regard, the piece was extremely positive.
If the torture techniques work so well, and the "success rate" is so high, why not let the world in on the technique. Perhaps others would be supportive when they saw the technique being applied. Perhaps scholars would do extensive research and raise BM to a new level...beyond punishment and reward to actual torture. If there's nothing to hide and everything's above board, then let an outsider in to document this "revolutionary" treatment for so-called defiant, struggling, unapprecitive teens.
There is nothing revolutionary about torture, and anyone who knows anything about the methods knows why "it works".
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
INSIDE EDITION
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2003, 07:34:00 AM »
Face,
The parents, mom particularly, was extremely remorseful. She said she went to the internet and found WWASP, sent her "out of control" daughter there based on a website and video- didn't check out the facility. She cried and said she was sorry. I think she genuinely regretted her decision.

Her daughter told a little about her experience and showed the OP position. Said that her arm was twisted until it popped out of the socket.
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
INSIDE EDITION
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2003, 08:07:00 AM »
horrifying.  those people need to be put in jail.

Offline Carey

• View Profile
INSIDE EDITION
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2003, 10:17:00 AM »
I found the Texas family to be very sincere and truthful about their experience.

Ryan, on the other hand, has managed to cast a shadow of doubt upon the real truth and the real problems and issues with these programs.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
INSIDE EDITION
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2003, 10:24:00 AM »
I can't get over those of you who are now hollerin' High Impact wasn't WWASP.
Of coarse it was.

Narvin was well on his way to his own High Impact when Dundee went down.  Its were they held the kids who wouldn't sign the 'I love it here' document after the raid.

Why do you want to keep making excuses for such hateful brutality?

Why aren't you outraged at how you've been lied to and manipulated by these obscenely greedy, callous and sadistic profiteering pirates?

Ask yourself, Why am I defending them? Why aren't I angry? Why can't I even consider the possibility that I've been taken advantage of and my teen assaulted both mentally and physically?

There is a reason why.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
INSIDE EDITION
« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2003, 12:30:00 PM »
On 2003-09-24 07:17:00, Carey wrote:

Ryan, on the other hand, has managed to cast a shadow of doubt upon the real truth and the real problems and issues with these programs. "

Seems kind of biased to me Carey. What did Ryan say or do differently than the girl? She said the place mistreated her, etc. Her parents regreated sending her there. Same with Ryan and his mother. Hhhmmm, I don't see much of a difference.

You've had a chip on your shoulder for him and Coldwater for some time now. Get over it, geez - he's certainly NOT saying those places where good.  But I guess he didn't come across properly in your eyes. What would YOU have him do differently? You seem to always be critical of what others are doing, yet you never offer a suggestion or solution.

But honestly, I don't think anything he does will be "good enough" for you. Kinda pathetic. So are a lot of you on this board, all you do is complain about others. At least Ryan is out there trying to make a difference. Sure, he may not be perfect in his means, but he's learning, and we can't expect a 16y/o kid to carry himself like a 35y/o adult might. (although based on the behavior of some adults that post here, he's doing pretty well). We all make mistakes in our lives, and we learn from them.

It's kind of like the person that always complains about how much they hate their job, or is unhappy in their marrieage, but never does anything about it.

My feeling is, do something positive or shut the F*$# up!

Offline FaceKhan

• View Profile
INSIDE EDITION
« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2003, 01:19:00 PM »
I have often said I don't have much sympathy for most of the parents who sent their kids away. They were most likely duped, and most of them do love their kids, but it takes two to tango and it really is the parents who don't acknowledge their role in contributing to their family problems that send their kids away. I think in a lot of ways this industry exists because of the old threat of "let me send you to live with someone else and see how you like it there"

Of course when the someone else is more than just a strict relative who lives in the middle of nowhere, and turns out to be a cult where torture sessions are measured in months the parents get all regretful and want sympathy.

The other thing that bugs me is that almost all the parents always say that sending their kid away was the hardest thing they ever did. I would take that to mean that they did not feel good about it when they did it and a parent who does not feel comfortable leaving their kid in someone else's care should not have done it.

People need to be a little more independent and parents need to resist peer pressure a bit.
All of the darkness of the world cannot put out the light of one small candle.\"

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
INSIDE EDITION
« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2003, 01:27:00 PM »
No One Has Wronged You.

Just as you have made no mistakes, neither has anyone else. Every person's actions have been exactly what you have needed to bring you into this moment. Blame and victim consciousness drain your power and personal energy.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
INSIDE EDITION
« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2003, 01:35:00 PM »
At least Ryan is out there trying to make a difference.

Ryan is out there trying to sell himself and his movie, Coldwater. He has not done anything to help others.  He is only hurting those who are still in these "programs".  He can't keep his story straight from one moment to the next.  I wish that Inside Edition would have asked him about his movie and the "bribe/ransom".  

He is not creditable in my eyes.  I am sure he will not be creditable in the eyes of many.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
INSIDE EDITION
« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2003, 01:36:00 PM »
maybe no one has wronged you mister (or miss) but the rest of us are living in reality.  you ought to try it sometime.  its not fun, but its a better place than la la land!

Offline Carey

• View Profile
INSIDE EDITION
« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2003, 01:37:00 PM »
That was me.

At least Ryan is out there trying to make a difference.

Ryan is out there trying to sell himself and his movie, Coldwater. He has not done anything to help others. He is only hurting those who are still in these "programs". He can't keep his story straight from one moment to the next. I wish that Inside Edition would have asked him about his movie and the "bribe/ransom".

He is not creditable in my eyes. I am sure he will not be creditable in the eyes of many.  He nor his mother seemed at all sincere or troubled by what they claimed to have experienced.  They seemed to me to be self promoting more than anything.  

[ This Message was edited by: Carey on 2003-09-24 10:40 ]