Author Topic: Valley View School Abuse  (Read 25375 times)

Offline Pile of Dead Kids

• View Profile
Re: Valley View School Abuse
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2010, 01:27:40 AM »
Actually, my paranoia's kicking in extra hard today and I suspect that the OP and all the out-of-the-ass defenders are in fact the same person and this is either an elaborate troll or somebody trying to pull something stupid. Hey OP, why don't you come back here and tell the rest of us *exactly* what happens at VVS?

Edit: Huh, guess not. Still, it's rare for one guy to post something that vague and get instantly piled on by one-post wonders.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2010, 11:45:14 AM by Pile of Dead Kids »
...Sergey Blashchishen, James Shirey, Faith Finley, Katherine Rice, Ashlie Bunch, Brendan Blum, Caleb Jensen, Alex Cullinane, Rocco Magliozzi, Elisa Santry, Dillon Peak, Natalynndria Slim, Lenny Ortega, Angellika Arndt, Joey Aletriz, Martin Anderson, James White, Christening Garcia, Kasey Warner, Shirley Arciszewski, Linda Harris, Travis Parker, Omega Leach, Denis Maltez, Kevin Christie, Karlye Newman, Richard DeMaar, Alexis Richie, Shanice Nibbs, Levi Snyder, Natasha Newman, Gracie James, Michael Owens, Carlton Thomas, Taylor Mangham, Carnez Boone, Benjamin Lolley, Jessica Bradford's unnamed baby, Anthony Parker, Dysheka Streeter, Corey Foster, Joseph Winters, Bruce Staeger, Kenneth Barkley, Khalil Todd, Alec Lansing, Cristian Cuellar-Gonzales, Janaia Barnhart, a DRA victim who never even showed up in the news, and yet another unnamed girl at Summit School...

Offline elanasshole

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2010, 02:59:25 AM »
Danny Bennison was "Daddy" like Joe Ricci to detainees at ELAN.  They were both creepy sadistic monsters who arranged fights in the ring.  Danny refuses to acknowledge he affected innocent victim's lives.  Danny it is ultimately your choice to deal with the guilt and make amends with victims you harmed.  Is that something you're willing to do?  If not, you're a coward.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=30340

- Interesting POV from Danny about ELAN!
« Last Edit: May 19, 2010, 11:39:59 AM by elanasshole »

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2010, 07:10:17 AM »
Quote from: "Pile of Dead Kids"
Actually, my paranoia's kicking in extra hard today and I suspect that the OP and all the out-of-the-ass defenders are in fact the same person and this is either an elaborate troll or somebody trying to pull something stupid. Hey OP, why don't you come back here and tell the rest of us *exactly* what happens at VVS?

I was contacted in PM and I have pretty strong reason to believe the OP is legit. I'm hoping to speak with the OP directly in order to get more substantive details.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
Valley View School - Tom Croke Visit Report (1992)
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2010, 10:08:14 AM »
This place has been around since 1970. My guess is that Phil Spiva was exposed to the same cultural TC euphoria that was present when Michael DeSisto and Mel Wasserman were starting their respective programs. In fact, during the time of Tom Croke's Visit Report (below) for Struggling Teens in 1992, Valley View School was described as a "therapeutic community with the feel of a boarding school"...

-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Schools, Programs, & Visit Reports - Aug, 1992 Issue

Valley View School
Dr. Phil Spiva, Director
North Brookfield, MA
(508) 867-6505
Tom Croke Visit - June 3, 1992
(412) 532-0490

I visited Valley View on a warm Spring Day, as the students were preparing for graduation. My first impression was of a neat, well-kept campus in a pastoral setting. It was hard to imagine such a peaceful scene so close to the hustle and bustle of Boston.

The peaceful sense came to a screeching halt when I had the opportunity to mingle among the students, a well-nurtured and well-managed group of boys whose energy level was beyond anything I had ever experienced previously in a group of its size. Valley View lives up to the description offered by its director as "therapeutic community with the feel of a boarding school".

Valley View is a staff-dominated school with a student body characterized primarily as boys who have at one time been diagnosed as having attention deficit disorder, whether or not the diagnosis was accurate. Director Phil Spiva also characterized it as primarily boys who are oppositional, but not alienated, boys who do not like having parents tell them what to do, but are receptive to adult leadership under optimum conditions.

The age range is from ten or eleven to seventeen, although the plan not to admit new students above 15 in the foreseeable future (if I had an otherwise appropriate 16 or 17 year old and plead for an exception). The younger boys seem not so oppositional, but VERY hyperactive. The older ones seem mildly oppositional, but struggling to be understood and accepted for who they are (who isn’t?), and having a greater than average struggle with that, due to having been rejected so many times due to perceived ADHD and similar issues that the world does not love them, than to express hostility, anger, or rejection to the world around them.

Academically, my opportunity to observe was limited, but there was plenty of evidence of a solid highly individualized academic program, appropriate to the needs of these students. That optimistic view is supported by having met some of their former students, when visiting more conventional boarding schools, and seeing that Valley View had well prepared them, academically and otherwise. Valley View provides both the structure in which a hyperactive or undisciplined young man can learn, and the guidance to gain the skills to enable learning later on. With the younger boys, appropriate levels of nurture were in place.

The Therapeutic program, operated by well qualified and credentialed professionals in psychology, education, and social work, is effective, yet subtle. To just describe the point system and levels system makes it simply sound like many other programs. What makes Valley View unique is the fact that these therapeutic tools define the structure and the boundaries of the program in a manner which the boys accept early on, so they can devote their best energy to other things. The system is used to trigger communication, but not to define ultimate success or failure in the school. The boys understand that they set their own level by their own behavior, and feel empowered by the system, rather than stifled by it. While I did encounter some negativity and complaining among the boys, not once did I hear a complaint about the levels system.

With the “system” in the background, the boys set about the business of learning and growing, always with someone to listen and talk and help them achieve success academically and socially. I found self-consciousness about personal growth issues less here than at most structured boarding schools, and a general acceptance and contentment with the surroundings. There was a similarity to conventional boarding schools with respect to issues like academic achievement, college admission, and what to do about a test tomorrow or an activity next week.

Student life is largely centered on activities with other Valley View students. Personal choice in going off campus is tied into the level system, as are many off campus group activities. There is a sense of competitiveness in athletics similar to conventional boarding schools, although size (42) restricts the range of sports offerings. Valley View offers its student elective foreign and domestic group travel opportunities.

I like Valley view. In considering a referral, I would assess a latency age boy very differently than an adolescent. I would consider referring a latency age boy if they were hyperactive or had other behaviors which seemed to be beyond his control, but who was also actively seeking approval and positive relationships with adults. A fairly bright early adolescent boy who is depressed, who is having trouble learning how to handle his hormones, who has not managed to live constructively with ADHD, who is manipulative, or who is testing parents consistently around normal adolescent issues, but is not severely oppositional, hostile, combative, conduct disordered, nor though disordered, not suicidal, would be a candidate for Valley View.

Copyright © 1992, Woodbury Reports, Inc. (This article may be reproduced without prior approval if the copyright notice and proper publication and author attribution accompanies the copy.)
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline Former VVS Student

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2010, 11:10:32 AM »
I too am a former student of VVS.  Troubled when I got there, graduated with honors went to college, then a masters degree working as a therapist and enjoying life without trouble or emotional turmoil. This is thanks to VVS.  I am in communication with many staff and students of the VVS community and yes, was alerted to this denigrating post via my friends (staff, parents and students alike) whom all have positive VVS experiences to reflect on.  We are here to offer testimonial.  I have known Phil for the entirety of my adult life.  A life that is largely due to the developmental nurturing that came from the therapeutic program culture of Valley View.  There is absolutely no abuse going on there.  Phil is a devotee of the field and a leader and innovator with proven results as one of the finest therapeutic residential boarding school in the United States.  Do your research.  Unfortunately a small few of the clientèle do not align with the model due to the realities associated with pervasive mental disorders. However, VVS has a reputation of producing major lasting changes in the students they serve.  In fact, the large majority of student flourish as a result of the model.  There have NEVER been any charges related to abuse of any kind at VVS, once again...do your research.  

Many of the other posts from VVS community members include their names and contact info.  Mine is below.  If you truly want to resolve your anger, why not get out from the anonymity you are hiding behind and state your name and contact info.  Or are afraid you claims would disintegrate by doing so.  

Anyone may feel free to contact me if they want to know more about my experience at Valley View.  

My name is Brendan [email protected]

Offline Pile of Dead Kids

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2010, 11:35:10 AM »
And that makes FIVE trained monkeys regurgitating the standard bullshit!

Nothing of substance has been said yet on this whole thread. The only thing that can be said for the OP is that he has some idea where he is, whereas the trained monkeys apparently haven't a clue. Have you *read* the threads on this board before you posted meaningless shit like:

Phil is a devotee of the field and a leader and innovator with proven results as one of the finest therapeutic residential boarding school in the United States.

Do you have any idea how the fuck you sound? Do you actually talk like this? If so, we can conclude that the program really has done something foul to your mind.

Hell, I don't even claim to know anything about VVS beyond the obvious Seals of Guaranteed Child Abuse and its apparent similarities to other confirmed hellholes like Elan. I haven't even heard of this place until this guy posted this stuff. But when five guys immediately show up with the standard marketing duckspeak, as their own words, on command the moment somebody rings Pavlov's bell? Mmm-MMM! You can just smell that oven-roasted culty goodness.
...Sergey Blashchishen, James Shirey, Faith Finley, Katherine Rice, Ashlie Bunch, Brendan Blum, Caleb Jensen, Alex Cullinane, Rocco Magliozzi, Elisa Santry, Dillon Peak, Natalynndria Slim, Lenny Ortega, Angellika Arndt, Joey Aletriz, Martin Anderson, James White, Christening Garcia, Kasey Warner, Shirley Arciszewski, Linda Harris, Travis Parker, Omega Leach, Denis Maltez, Kevin Christie, Karlye Newman, Richard DeMaar, Alexis Richie, Shanice Nibbs, Levi Snyder, Natasha Newman, Gracie James, Michael Owens, Carlton Thomas, Taylor Mangham, Carnez Boone, Benjamin Lolley, Jessica Bradford's unnamed baby, Anthony Parker, Dysheka Streeter, Corey Foster, Joseph Winters, Bruce Staeger, Kenneth Barkley, Khalil Todd, Alec Lansing, Cristian Cuellar-Gonzales, Janaia Barnhart, a DRA victim who never even showed up in the news, and yet another unnamed girl at Summit School...

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2010, 12:00:49 PM »
My experience reading here over the years indicates that the person who wrote the defamatory remark against Doctor Spiva  didn’t take advantage of their time at VV and realized that almost everyone did well after graduation, except themselves, and he/she has flushed their own life down the toilet. People, like the original poster, who have spent their life blaming others for their shortcomings don’t handle, very well, the harsh reality that everyone has moved on except them and in response lashes out and makes comments like they did in the OP.  They are easy to spot

Why respond now?  Well maybe they just left a myspace group or facebook group planning a reunion and realized they are the only one who is angry and the rest are like the other posters who posted comments about Valley View.

Any first time reader knows that if there were a real legal issue they wouldn’t post it here on fornits before going to the police….. IMO You don’t need a GED to figure this one out.

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2010, 12:40:18 PM »
Quote from: "The Trained Monkey"
...VVS has a reputation of producing major lasting changes in the students they serve. In fact, the large majority of student flourish as a result of the model.

Any evidence to support this claim?  Perhaps a clinical study?  You'll have to supply some sort of quantitative data from a clinical study to validate your opinion.
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline Eliscu2

• New World Order
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2010, 12:45:30 PM »
Quote from: "Whooter"
My experience reading here over the years indicates that the person who wrote the defamatory remark against Doctor Spiva  didn’t take advantage of their time at VV and realized that almost everyone did well after graduation, except themselves, and he/she has flushed their own life down the toilet. People, like the original poster, who have spent their life blaming others for their shortcomings don’t handle, very well, the harsh reality that everyone has moved on except them and in response lashes out and makes comments like they did in the OP.  They are easy to spot

Why respond now?  Well maybe they just left a myspace group or facebook group planning a reunion and realized they are the only one who is angry and the rest are like the other posters who posted comments about Valley View.

Any first time reader knows that if there were a real legal issue they wouldn’t post it here on fornits before going to the police….. IMO You don’t need a GED to figure this one out.

The OP is Mathew Eliscu and your first paragraph pretty much sums up my little brother.
He would be Eliscu3 if he cared about child abuse or anything other than where to get his next fix or who he can con today.
Is Phil Spiva a child Molester? I have no idea.

Time to call Mr. Diamond and get the truth. :on phone:
NUTSACK is a dead giveaway and the responce to this one random thread is all telling.
Valley View caters to the very wealthy and they want to keep it that way!
So for all of you "marketing damage control" idiots you can find me easy enough.
WELCOME TO HELL!

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2010, 02:19:24 PM »
Quote from: "Che Gookin"
Yep, Danny's living his program days out on the forums. Still missing the days where you and Ol' Joe Ricci were laying bets on poor schmucks in the ring? Look pip squeak, I know all of your lame ass tricks. I've done them all myself, I've seen them a hundred times.

You've got nothing new, nothing innovative, and more importantly nothing useful to add. Hell I bet you wake up with a huge hard on over the power you used to have over the lives of those poor saps in Elan. I bet you fantsize about the hurt you've done to them. I know you feel guilty and come up on here like we are your personal AA group. All the crosstalk must drive you right to the edge of your sanity.

Gotta be in control Bennison, gotta be that Assistant Director still, gotta keep on inflicting the hurt.

You aren't nothing new.. Before you there was me. Big difference though, I didn't wake up fantasizing about hurting people, I'm just an asshole naturally. You on the other hand are byproduct of a pathetic machine.

Fornits will prevail over the likes of you, Fornits always has. You've got nothing new and will one day only be remembered as an object of mockery and ridicule.

Me.. I'll be remembered as that asshole who split CALO wide open, that asshole who protested Benchmark, That son of a bitch who did this and that horrible thing. Big difference again.. I'll at least be remembered for being useful. You on the other hand will be remembered for being sad pathetic old wino.

have fun waking up and wanking to the fantasy of which poor sucker is going into the ring next you sick old bastard.

:shamrock:  :shamrock:

Like I said your family was right.

Danny
Stand and fight, till there is no more.

Offline elanasshole

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2010, 02:33:25 PM »
The interesting thing I did a background check on Danny Bennison last night.

Joel

Edited: Wednesday, October 06, 2010
« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2010, 09:26:54 PM »
Edited: Wednesday, October 06, 2010
« Last Edit: October 07, 2010, 10:48:35 AM by Joel »

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2010, 09:30:04 PM »
Quote from: "Joel"

Danny

Danny who did you talk to in Che's family?

Oh you are awake ok, great. Duh.....Yo Momma.

Danny

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2010, 09:31:46 PM »
Quote from: "DannyB II"

Danny

Oh you are awake ok, great. Duh.....who gives a shit.

Danny

Answer the question Danny, I'll have none of your attempts to shift the focus!

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 19, 2010, 09:36:46 PM »
Quote from: "Che Gookin"
Quote from: "DannyB II"

Danny

Oh you are awake ok, great. Duh.....who gives a shit.

Danny

Answer the question Danny, I'll have none of your attempts to shift the focus!

Now your awake too.....jee that would be your daddy, too.

Danny