Author Topic: Two girls missing from SUWS  (Read 11498 times)

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
Re: Two girls missing from SUWS
« Reply #45 on: May 12, 2010, 02:26:18 PM »
Quote from: "Whooter"
The fornits poster errrrr I mean (excuse me) <cough> "independent comment" was telling.

Yes.  Clearly they were attempting to hide........

Quote from: "Oscar"
Karl Johanson is one of ours[/url]. Mr. Overgaard liked his post so much that he put it on our blog.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 12, 2010, 02:26:33 PM »
Karl Johanson is one of ours. Mr. Overgaard liked his post so much that he put it on our blog.

Ha,Ha,Ha What a call.....Thats funny!!  I know you guys better than you know yourselves.

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 12, 2010, 02:27:57 PM »
Karl Johanson is one of ours. Mr. Overgaard liked his post so much that he put it on our blog.

Ha,Ha,Ha What a call.....Thats funny!!  I know you guys better than you know yourselves.

Karl Johanson is one of ours[/url]. Mr. Overgaard liked his post so much that he put it on our blog.

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline Oscar

• View Profile
    • Secret Prisons for Teens
Re: Runaways located after 14-hour search
« Reply #48 on: May 12, 2010, 02:52:07 PM »
The fornits poster errrrr I mean (excuse me) <cough> "independent comment" was telling.  The.... being sent to SUWS in shackles for being a picky eater added a nice touch and was priceless.

Thank you very much. I would say that you are right that it is slightly overstated, but sometime it is the parent who needs treatment.

I found an episode from MTV juvies. If you watch the episode you will learn that Dale's mom dragged him to all kind of hospitals and doctors claiming that he need treatment and one day when he left for drumming practice she reported him as a runaway. The police could just wait until he came home so they could put in the juvie. He ended up at his fathers place where he lived with no problems. He just missed his friends.

Remember "Who is watching the Kids" from MontanaPBS about the closed Spring Creek Academy. A girl reported abuse and the father arranged for her to be shipped to the facility. The social services in her town was very close to alert the state police to get her back because the local police was financed by the facility.

What Johanson explains is that he feels that it is a problem if an independent third party which is not paid for doesn't get the chance to investigate the matter and decide if treatment should be put into action. What would a therapist in a program do if it is discovered that the parent is mentally ill and the payment of 450 dollars per day has been paid for a period?

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 12, 2010, 03:57:45 PM »
Quote from: "Anne Bonney"

Ouch....  What is that you guys call it again?  Oh yes, damage control.... you have been outed.
You have to admit that it was classic and funny.... fornits lingo right down the line.

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
Re: Runaways located after 14-hour search
« Reply #50 on: May 12, 2010, 03:59:25 PM »
The fornits poster errrrr I mean (excuse me) <cough> "independent comment" was telling.  The.... being sent to SUWS in shackles for being a picky eater added a nice touch and was priceless.

Thank you very much. I would say that you are right that it is slightly overstated, but sometime it is the parent who needs treatment.

I found an episode from MTV juvies. If you watch the episode you will learn that Dale's mom dragged him to all kind of hospitals and doctors claiming that he need treatment and one day when he left for drumming practice she reported him as a runaway. The police could just wait until he came home so they could put in the juvie. He ended up at his fathers place where he lived with no problems. He just missed his friends.

Remember "Who is watching the Kids" from MontanaPBS about the closed Spring Creek Academy. A girl reported abuse and the father arranged for her to be shipped to the facility. The social services in her town was very close to alert the state police to get her back because the local police was financed by the facility.

What Johanson explains is that he feels that it is a problem if an independent third party which is not paid for doesn't get the chance to investigate the matter and decide if treatment should be put into action. What would a therapist in a program do if it is discovered that the parent is mentally ill and the payment of 450 dollars per day has been paid for a period?

I agree with you on the independent third party sign off.  I have been for this requirement for awhile.  The last part about finding out the parent was mentally ill I didn't understand totally.

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 12, 2010, 04:02:25 PM »

Ouch....  What is that you guys call it again?  Oh yes, damage control.... you have been outed.
You have to admit that it was classic and funny.... fornits lingo right down the line.

How is it damage control when he posted that it was "one of ours" before anyone accused him of hiding?

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 12, 2010, 04:17:10 PM »

How is it damage control when he posted that it was "one of ours" before anyone accused him of hiding?

Ouch........  Detainees, detained, shackles.  Who else speaks that way?  Must be a fornits poster.

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 12, 2010, 04:25:17 PM »

Ouch........  Detainees, detained, shackles.  Who else speaks that way?  Must be a fornits poster.

They ADMITTED IT UP FRONT.

Read for comprehension, Who.

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 12, 2010, 04:47:15 PM »

They ADMITTED IT UP FRONT.

Read for comprehension, Who.

Come-on Anne, it was obvious that fornits posters would recognize the signature wording as their own.  Of course they had to come forward.  I think it is funny that I nailed it right from the get go.  See using detainees and gulags, shackles etc.  seems normal to you here on fornits.  But to people like myself who also read outside of fornits it sticks out like a sore thumb and is viewed as a parody of sorts.

Offline Oscar

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 12, 2010, 04:53:19 PM »
We don't exactly hide where we come from. Johanson has not and will not be a Fornits poster unless I am replaced. He has his area to cover. His work is to research certain areas and give his work to Henrik or Kurt.

As for transporters and shackles/handcuffs. According to Mr. Transport aka Rick Strawn putting handcuffs on the teenagers is policy. In 2009 shackles were found at Reclamation Ranch and Southeastern Military Academy (Known as Victory Forge Military Academy)

Of course some transport firms has found something which functions like shackles but looks more inncocent.

Then there is the term used for the teenagers placed in programs. They are in a legal loophole. The term "Detainees" was chosen but we are starting to write "teenager" where it is possible to attract more readers. We won't use the term "student" because there are too many programs out there where the education is not accredited and the use of "student" could fake parents to believe that their children cut use whatever they claim to have taught in local school, which very often is not the case.

Joel

Edited: Wednesday, October 06, 2010
« Reply #56 on: May 12, 2010, 04:55:08 PM »
Edited: Wednesday, October 06, 2010
« Last Edit: October 07, 2010, 10:41:11 AM by Joel »

Offline Oscar

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 12, 2010, 04:58:27 PM »
If we are talking the author I have not read anything from her.

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 12, 2010, 05:00:36 PM »
We don't exactly hide where we come from. Johanson has not and will not be a Fornits poster unless I am replaced. He has his area to cover. His work is to research certain areas and give his work to Henrik or Kurt.

As for transporters and shackles/handcuffs. According to Mr. Transport aka Rick Strawn putting handcuffs on the teenagers is policy. In 2009 shackles were found at Reclamation Ranch and Southeastern Military Academy (Known as Victory Forge Military Academy)

Of course some transport firms has found something which functions like shackles but looks more inncocent.

Then there is the term used for the teenagers placed in programs. They are in a legal loophole. The term "Detainees" was chosen but we are starting to write "teenager" where it is possible to attract more readers. We won't use the term "student" because there are too many programs out there where the education is not accredited and the use of "student" could fake parents to believe that their children cut use whatever they claim to have taught in local school, which very often is not the case.

Its good to see that you are switching over to more mainstream and accurate language.  I think it makes the wiki more credible.

Offline 9403390

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 14, 2010, 12:35:54 AM »
Its good to hear this pair are safe and OK. I hope when they get home the families can sort whatever is up out so they don't go back. I wanted to comment on wilderness runaways. I remember one guy who was older than most of the kids. He was nearly 18 and had spent a fair bit of time over the years at schools and camps for troubled kids. I think his original issue was drugs but he kept changing schools for not following the rules or getting expelled. He was basically just marking time till he could legally leave. On a social level he was personable and easygoing, if you didnt act like an asshole to him he didnt give you any attitude. He had no learning issues so could probably handle college too. Basically he seemed like a pretty average suburban kid. One guy i worked with had a real issue with him and claimed he was a sociopath. If he was I never saw any evidence of this.

His parents had said he had to see it through till he was 18 but he did not have much hope of making it work at home for long. I never got his parents side of the story. One thing he said though was that he didnt care about having to be homeless as he had lived so rough at wilderness, he could bust his own fire, live off minimal food and do without regular hot showers etc. He was originally from some southern state where hunting is common so could kill food. So making kids live really roughly the way they do at wilderness can really backfire. Given the cost of wilderness, most kids would be from families with at least some kind of disposable income. I wouldn't think such a kid would ever seriously consider being homeless. But some do. It makes me think wilderness can backfire pretty badly.