Author Topic: Two girls missing from SUWS  (Read 11527 times)

Offline Oscar

• View Profile
    • Secret Prisons for Teens
Re: Two girls missing from SUWS
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2010, 04:31:37 PM »
For all I could know they could just be lost.

Entire groups in wilderness programs have been lost - both staff and students.

But because troubled teens are - troubled teens the reputation of the program is hurt less if the students ran away instead of got separated. If the girls are found none would believe them anyway.

RANGERS RESCUE CLIENTS FROM TROUBLED TEEN PROGRAM, WNBZ local news, April 2007

BTW: Friends of Katelynn Hall have been notified via the community network she was in, so they can help her to ask for protection by the social services if the friends manage to locate her first.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2010, 05:27:18 PM »
Quote from: "Oscar"
For all I could know they could just be lost.

Entire groups in wilderness programs have been lost - both staff and students.

But because troubled teens are - troubled teens the reputation of the program is hurt less if the students ran away instead of got separated. If the girls are found none would believe them anyway.

RANGERS RESCUE CLIENTS FROM TROUBLED TEEN PROGRAM, WNBZ local news, April 2007

BTW: Friends of Katelynn Hall have been notified via the community network she was in, so they can help her to ask for protection by the social services if the friends manage to locate her first.

Good Info Oscar, thanks.  SUWS has a few licensed Social workers which are on staff also.  I am sure they are on standby.
I would guess they ran off.  This is the initial phase for many kids heading to programs and they run away quite regularly.  Its tough to just get lost from base camp and the last thing kids want to do in  wilderness is take a walk somewhere.  They are in the Blue Ridge mountains and will be found fairly quickly (would be my guess) unless they find outside help.  This mountain region is mapped out fairly well with many cabins and lodges for them to take cover in.

Most likely outcome is they will be found and may be transferred to another Aspen wilderness program.  This will be pricey for the parents so they will not be happy.  But the kids will be able to get a fresh start that way.

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
just for you
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2010, 05:30:58 PM »

Joel

Edited: Wednesday, October 06, 2010
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2010, 05:57:36 PM »
« Last Edit: October 07, 2010, 10:19:53 AM by Joel »

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
Re: just for you
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2010, 06:12:17 PM »
Quote from: "Froderik"

Frod, Isn't nature a wonderful thing.  Did you ever wonder why it is tapered at the end?  (Take a look at your picture)  This is designed to protect you.  If it were not tapered then at the end of your business your asshole would slam shut and it would hurt.  So nature tapered it down for you......This way it closes slowly.

Something to think about and to be thankful for.

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2010, 07:32:39 PM »
Quote from: "Whooter"

Most likely outcome is they will be found and may be transferred to another Aspen wilderness program.  This will be pricey for the parents so they will not be happy.  But the kids will be able to get a fresh start that way.

Nah....they'll just be locked down tighter now and subject to High Impact type (I think that was the name, they all change so quickly to distance themselves from bad publicity that it's hard to tell anymore) tactics now, where they'll be in even more danger.
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline Pile of Dead Kids

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2010, 12:17:33 AM »
Holy shit, Proxied's back, and he's listing dead kids. How the hell did I miss this?
...Sergey Blashchishen, James Shirey, Faith Finley, Katherine Rice, Ashlie Bunch, Brendan Blum, Caleb Jensen, Alex Cullinane, Rocco Magliozzi, Elisa Santry, Dillon Peak, Natalynndria Slim, Lenny Ortega, Angellika Arndt, Joey Aletriz, Martin Anderson, James White, Christening Garcia, Kasey Warner, Shirley Arciszewski, Linda Harris, Travis Parker, Omega Leach, Denis Maltez, Kevin Christie, Karlye Newman, Richard DeMaar, Alexis Richie, Shanice Nibbs, Levi Snyder, Natasha Newman, Gracie James, Michael Owens, Carlton Thomas, Taylor Mangham, Carnez Boone, Benjamin Lolley, Jessica Bradford's unnamed baby, Anthony Parker, Dysheka Streeter, Corey Foster, Joseph Winters, Bruce Staeger, Kenneth Barkley, Khalil Todd, Alec Lansing, Cristian Cuellar-Gonzales, Janaia Barnhart, a DRA victim who never even showed up in the news, and yet another unnamed girl at Summit School...

Joel

« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2010, 02:08:15 AM »
« Last Edit: October 07, 2010, 10:21:37 AM by Joel »

Offline Pile of Dead Kids

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2010, 02:29:37 AM »
Quote from: "Joel"
The deputies response seems like a red flag to me.  Does anyone know if this SUWS location has been investigated yet?

If by "investigated", you mean "investigated by a state agency or law enforcement", I can tell you the answer: Almost certainly not. An investigation would have been reported on, or at least mentioned in the article. Get a cooperative environment and nobody asks questions, even if the runaways are "several times a year". It's like Utah.
...Sergey Blashchishen, James Shirey, Faith Finley, Katherine Rice, Ashlie Bunch, Brendan Blum, Caleb Jensen, Alex Cullinane, Rocco Magliozzi, Elisa Santry, Dillon Peak, Natalynndria Slim, Lenny Ortega, Angellika Arndt, Joey Aletriz, Martin Anderson, James White, Christening Garcia, Kasey Warner, Shirley Arciszewski, Linda Harris, Travis Parker, Omega Leach, Denis Maltez, Kevin Christie, Karlye Newman, Richard DeMaar, Alexis Richie, Shanice Nibbs, Levi Snyder, Natasha Newman, Gracie James, Michael Owens, Carlton Thomas, Taylor Mangham, Carnez Boone, Benjamin Lolley, Jessica Bradford's unnamed baby, Anthony Parker, Dysheka Streeter, Corey Foster, Joseph Winters, Bruce Staeger, Kenneth Barkley, Khalil Todd, Alec Lansing, Cristian Cuellar-Gonzales, Janaia Barnhart, a DRA victim who never even showed up in the news, and yet another unnamed girl at Summit School...

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2010, 07:27:38 AM »
Quote from: "Joel"
The deputies response seems like a red flag to me.  Does anyone know if this SUWS location has been investigated yet?

Joel, I think everyone is aware of the location of SUWS.  It is the site of an old Boy Scout camp.  It has a few buildings, electricity, running water and open outdoor areas and a lodge for indoor meetings.  

I would be sure to think the local police know what they do there.  The risk is high for kids to run away, so I dont really see it as a red flag.  If you open up a bar in town you can expect a higher than usual number of drunk drivers after hours.

Offline Oscar

• View Profile
    • Secret Prisons for Teens
« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2010, 08:07:06 AM »
In fact a boy made it out last year. A certain Gersema ran away from Phoenix Outdoor located at the same addres and made it back home. Properly they would try to remain close to the railroad tracks and then see what happens once they are near a city.

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2010, 11:19:16 AM »
Some replies from Phoenix Outdoors.

Rezner Barber i was at phoenix outdoor february 1, 2008 - march 12, 2008. best experience of my life. :) i'm sooo sad it closed down though.

Lacie Rowe Yea I was sent there Oct. 19, 2007...and didn't end up coming home for good til April 21, 2009...it was a long road, thats for sure!

Henry Granju i got sent to phoenix in march of 09 had andy matt iceman izzie and some other instructors i cant remember. I hated eric he was a bitch. the day he told me i was going to boarding school i ran and made to some waffle house right outside of ashville but the cops caught me and brought me back. phoenix got bought by SUWS ...while i was there and after that shit was even more lame. but looking back on it now, i did have some fun and being surrounded by so much beautiful scenery for 13 weeks cant be too bad. but fuck eric and jason they manipulated my family into sending me to Cramer Creek in montana until i turned 18. wow

Hannah Bradshaw I went to Phoenix Outdoor in 2005, I was the third person ever to be there. I actually miss it sometimes!

Conor Thornton yeah i went to phoenix which is usually the first step to a long road ahead...It helped me and I enjoyed it

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
Phoenix Outdoors
« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2010, 09:36:46 PM »
Curious, Whooter, that no link nor description for that site was provided... Perhaps this was an oversight?  :D

Here are some more entries on the Wall of FB group Phoenix Outdoor:

Ethan Hogan pheonix = worst 2 months of my life but atleast my parents didnt buy into all of the bullshit they fed them
      February 9 at 6:35am[/list]
        Sinéad Politz hahahaha same here
          April 28 at 4:38pm[/list][/list][/list]
            Honey Bunches  was at pheonix from august 8th till end of October.... Not rehab, boot camp.
              April 14 at 3:56pm[/list][/list]
              -------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
              Re: Phoenix Outdoors
              « Reply #28 on: May 08, 2010, 09:51:59 PM »
              Quote from: "Ursus"
              Curious, Whooter, that no link nor description for that site was provided... Perhaps this was an oversight?  :D

Here are some more entries on the Wall of FB group Phoenix Outdoor:

Yes, it is the same page that you are on.  Look a little further down and you will see the entries I posted.

Joel

« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2010, 10:16:21 PM »
              « Last Edit: October 07, 2010, 10:32:16 AM by Joel »