Author Topic: "If I'm reading the invoice correctly."  (Read 1634 times)

Offline SUCK IT

• View Profile
"If I'm reading the invoice correctly."
« on: May 06, 2010, 01:11:20 PM »
"We currently have a balance owing of $50.40 due by the 5th of next month if I'm reading the invoice correctly.
Thanks!"

When people commit fraud they often times include a disclaimer that is carefully hidden in plain sight. On a television commercial this comes in the form of fine print "results extraordinary" in tiny print allows you to market weight loss products that don't work.

"If I'm reading the invoice correctly" is obviously such a disclaimer. Or should we believe that the owner of this forum is so unable to understand an invoice, they aren't sure how much they owe? Is the owner of this site admitting they are illiterate?

If you knew were the money was really going nobody here would donate. That's all I can say now, as I am under threat of lawsuit.... but let me put it this way, be careful who you trust with your money.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
one day at a time

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
Re: "If I'm reading the invoice correctly."
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2010, 01:28:13 PM »
Quote from: "SUCK IT"
"We currently have a balance owing of $50.40 due by the 5th of next month if I'm reading the invoice correctly.
Thanks!"

When people commit fraud they often times include a disclaimer that is carefully hidden in plain sight. On a television commercial this comes in the form of fine print "results extraordinary" in tiny print allows you to market weight loss products that don't work.

"If I'm reading the invoice correctly" is obviously such a disclaimer. Or should we believe that the owner of this forum is so unable to understand an invoice, they aren't sure how much they owe? Is the owner of this site admitting they are illiterate?

If you knew were the money was really going nobody here would donate. That's all I can say now, as I am under threat of lawsuit.... but let me put it this way, be careful who you trust with your money.

:shamrock:  :shamrock:

Who cares it is $50.00 cheapskate, come back when were talking thousands.

Danny
Stand and fight, till there is no more.

Offline jamal

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2010, 01:36:29 PM »
I will donate whatever it takes to keep fornits alive, this place helps so many people what would they do without it?

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2010, 02:54:21 PM »
Ok, first off, if you use that donate button in the ad the money goes directly to DreamHost where it is applied to our hosting account. We never see it except as a reduction on the amount owed and there is no way for us to divert it.

Second, the billing policy is a little confusing. I once paid off a $20 or so balance weeks before the due date then changed the ad to read "$0 owing". But within a day or two there was a balance of $9. Turned out one of the domain registration techs had solved a transfer issue by applying that $9 to the account long enough for transfer to go through and that $9 payment had been set to be canceled on that day. So I like to be careful making statements about what's owing in case something unexpected like that happens again.

Now, all THAT said, they only suspend accounts that have a past due balance of at least $10 and that is at least 60 days past due. So we're not exactly under the gun here. I'll come up with the scratch one way or another.
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline RavingMad

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2010, 03:22:33 PM »
Quote from: "Antigen"
Ok, first off, if you use that donate button in the ad the money goes directly to DreamHost where it is applied to our hosting account. We never see it except as a reduction on the amount owed and there is no way for us to divert it.

Second, the billing policy is a little confusing. I once paid off a $20 or so balance weeks before the due date then changed the ad to read "$0 owing". But within a day or two there was a balance of $9. Turned out one of the domain registration techs had solved a transfer issue by applying that $9 to the account long enough for transfer to go through and that $9 payment had been set to be canceled on that day. So I like to be careful making statements about what's owing in case something unexpected like that happens again.

Now, all THAT said, they only suspend accounts that have a past due balance of at least $10 and that is at least 60 days past due. So we're not exactly under the gun here. I'll come up with the scratch one way or another.
i am already in contact with dreamhost anyways. enjoy the outcome i tried to be nice to ya all.
RETARDS GET A LIFE...DO NOT POST ON FORNITS, IT WILL DAMAGE YOUR BRAIN AND ACCOMPLISHES NOTHING OF VALUE.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2010, 04:18:48 PM »
Ok, I think I may have found a solution to our troll problem. At first, I saw the "manage users" option in the admin control panel and got all excited. But there is no option to adjust user temperament, maturity, sanity or such like. Darn.

But here's another angle that I hadn't considered. Up till now, bannable offenses have been limited to activities along the lines of hacking. Specifically, these include spamming, flooding, hacking, denial of service and (newly introduced due to a change in commonly accepted server policies) copyright infringement. All of these specific guidelines are aimed at one objective; to allow free speech and ONLY attempt to prohibit activities that will take down the server or make it practically unusable.

Recently, though, we actually have been shut down for a time by means of fallacious legal actions. In the past we've been force to move in a hurry and had significant down time due to fallacious legal threats. What do ya'll think about making a new policy of banning based on that? How could we go about objectively determining when that's the case? How could we respond?

Right now, just so ya'll understand, we still have the legal option of pursuing damages and legal expenses behind the last DMCA filed against us. Should we make it policy to pursue legal recourse from here on out?
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2010, 04:37:39 PM »
Quote from: "Antigen"
Ok, I think I may have found a solution to our troll problem. At first, I saw the "manage users" option in the admin control panel and got all excited. But there is no option to adjust user temperament, maturity, sanity or such like. Darn.

But here's another angle that I hadn't considered. Up till now, bannable offenses have been limited to activities along the lines of hacking. Specifically, these include spamming, flooding, hacking, denial of service and (newly introduced due to a change in commonly accepted server policies) copyright infringement. All of these specific guidelines are aimed at one objective; to allow free speech and ONLY attempt to prohibit activities that will take down the server or make it practically unusable.

Recently, though, we actually have been shut down for a time by means of fallacious legal actions. In the past we've been force to move in a hurry and had significant down time due to fallacious legal threats. What do ya'll think about making a new policy of banning based on that? How could we go about objectively determining when that's the case? How could we respond?

Right now, just so ya'll understand, we still have the legal option of pursuing damages and legal
expenses behind the last DMCA filed against us. Should we make it policy to pursue legal recourse from here on out?

:shamrock:  :shamrock:

Question:
"Should we make it policy to pursue legal recourse from here on out?"

Answer:
Absolutely without a doubt, don't even need to discuss it anymore in my book.

Danny

P.S.
I love you Elan Ex-residents, I really do even though at times my temper will show differently. I have my saddle bags no doubt but I try real hard not to burden others with them. That is all that is being asked here to take the quarrel else where. Why is that a big deal, why is it so hard to do that. I don't understand it.
I love you guys and want to see the best for y'all but this is just plain wrong. Your hurting yourselves and blaming it on everyone else.
STOP......Please.
Stand and fight, till there is no more.