Author Topic: page load problems.  (Read 3766 times)

Offline try another castle

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
page load problems.
« on: July 14, 2007, 12:18:14 AM »
okay, I tested this out on two separate computers and had the same problem, so I know it's not just my configuration that's an issue.

It's  been a real pain in the ass lately to get pages to load. Once I'm finally in the site and browsing around, it seems ok, but an initial page load, either by following a link from your email, or just typing in the URL for the main forum page, the thing gets stuck, or times out. Only the top portion of the page will display, and sometimes it will be off center.

anyone else having this problem?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Energizer Bunny

• View Profile
    • http://www.hell.com
page load problems.
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2007, 02:47:11 AM »
are you running a google toolbar or anything like that? just curious. also try turning java off and see if it makes a difference.  one other user was having issues, turned java off and was good to go from then on not quite sure where the conflict was though.
TheWho smells like butt.

Offline try another castle

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
page load problems.
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2007, 03:00:11 AM »
Actually, I don't have java turned off in my firefox preferences, rather, I use the noscript add on, because it is more dynamic, since I can choose what sites to allow on-the-fly, and it blocks by default.

What I will try to do is set noscript to block fornits, and see if that works. I'll let you know what happens.

Offline Energizer Bunny

• View Profile
    • http://www.hell.com
page load problems.
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2007, 03:08:44 AM »
well there's "java" and javascript does your no script thing only block javascript?  You can turn "java" off and java script off in your preferences. Both on the content  tab... THere should be an Enable Javascript and Enable Java... If your add on only works with Javascript, try disabling java as well and see if that makes any difference.
TheWho smells like butt.

Offline Alvasin

• View Profile
Re: page load problems.
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2011, 11:43:08 AM »
If Firefox/Mozilla Suite/SeaMonkey will not connect to any website:

* As with anything else, the problem may go away once you reboot your system.
    * Make sure you are connected to the Internet. If you use dial-up and want your Mozilla application to automatically connect when you start it, see Autoconnect.
    * Make sure that File -> Work Offline is not checked.

For specific connection or page load issues, see the section below that best describes your problem.

Connection settings

Make sure your connection settings are correct. If you have Internet Explorer and it works, compare Internet Explorer's connection settings (e.g., Control Panel -> Internet Options -> Connections: LAN) to those of Firefox (Tools -> Options -> Advanced -> Network / Connection -> Settings) or Mozilla Suite/SeaMonkey (Edit -> Preferences -> Advanced -> Proxies).

If your connection settings are not correct but any changes you try to make are not saved after restarting your Mozilla application, make sure you don't have a utility program such as "Hide IP Platinum" that modifies your connection settings. Even if the utility is no longer installed, the user.js file may still contain the modified settings [1]. To resolve this problem, open the profile folder and look for a user.js file. If found, either remove the user.js file or edit it to remove any "proxy" settings it may contain as outlined here, then reset the connection settings.
[edit]
Firewalls

Make sure that your firewall program is configured to allow internet access to Firefox/Mozilla Suite/SeaMonkey. The Firewalls article includes configuration information on some of the more popular software firewalls.

Most firewalls will ask you whether to allow a new program to connect to the internet, so it is important to always allow access for new or updated Mozilla applications. Even if you see permission in the firewall list of permitted programs, it could be for the previous program version, as firewalls require permission to allow an updated program to access the internet [2].

Some firewalls can be rather tricky to configure, or even to disable or uninstall. In some cases they may continue running silently after supposedly being uninstalled or disabled. They may also have bugs that prevent the Internet access list from being updated correctly. The "EnumProcess" tool for Windows, available here, enumerates all running processes and identifies firewall processes. It also identifies some of the other security programs (but not necessarily all) that are known to cause problems.

Firewalls have many ways of blocking Internet access. Some firewalls and other security software manage all aspects of Internet connections and Web traffic, including domain-name service (DNS), access to secure Web sites, and browser access to your computer. Kaspersky software can block domain-name service (DNS) for some programs but not others. [3] You must allow DNS access for normal Web browsing.[4]

Offline none-ya

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2011, 02:14:16 PM »
Alvasin, WTF???  You help bury newer threads by bumping up 3 1/2 year old crapoola. (sorry tac)
?©?€~¥@

Offline chrisjochris

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2011, 01:26:02 PM »
The page loading problem can be decrease or eliminate by web hosting. It reduces the loading time and makes the process fast than any other process. This problem has to face at almost all the websites so through a good web hosting the loading can be eliminate at a certain level.