Treatment Abuse, Behavior Modification, Thought Reform > News Items

Missing teen

(1/9) > >>

maruska:
Mo. Teen Disappears Weeks Before Graduation

Missing 17-year-old Chanel Mare

Police say Chanel Mare walked away from the Circle of Hope Girls Ranch in Humansville, Mo., where she was just a few weeks from graduation. Her family is frantic to find her.

Chanel was last seen April 22, 2010, at Hood's Truckstop westbound on Interstate 44 in Missouri. The truckstop is about 90 minutes from the ranch, and officials have no idea how she got there.

In a strange coincidence, a volunteer at the ranch saw her at the truck stop. The volunteer called the school, and officials said they would come pick her up. But because of the distance between the school and truck stop, Chanel was gone by the time they got there. Officials say that Chanel either ran into the woods or hopped on a truck to avoid going back.

Chanel's family has turned to AMW help. They hope she is on her way back to where they live in Nevada, but she could be anywhere.

Ursus:
Link for the above story:

Mo. Teen Disappears Weeks Before Graduation

Chanel Mare

-------------- • -------------- • --------------

• See ALSO.

Ursus:

--- Quote ---Police say Chanel Mare walked away from the Circle of Hope Girls Ranch in Humansville, Mo., where she was just a few weeks from graduation. Her family is frantic to find her.

<snip snip>

Chanel's family has turned to AMW help. They hope she is on her way back to where they live in Nevada, but she could be anywhere.
--- End quote ---
The program from which she ran: http://www.circleofhopegirlsranch.org/

An interesting testimonial from their website... Is it a coincidence... or not... that the last name is "Mare" and that the family's location is Nevada?

"... The decision to send my daughter was difficult. She was totally and utterly out of control and we did not know what to do. My wife and I are amazed at the change. Once we decided, we agreed to support her caregivers rules and not to weaken we were committed to the full duration of the program. The program is tough on the kids and very tough on us, but its helpful. My daughter has a few more months to go before she is allowed to return home. Now that she is at the end of the program, and doing well, she actually sounds happy and very polite.

We thank the Householders with all our hearts everyday for helping us get through this difficult time. The Circle of Hope not only helped our daughter gain a new direction in life, and a new life, it also helped us keep our family together. The Householders are caring, sincere but tough and are not doing this for financial gain. They sincerely want to bring these girls closer to God."

L. Mare and E. Mare
Dad and Stepmom,
Las Vegas, NV (2007)[/list]

Oscar:
Their program looks very much like the one of Refuge of Grace Academy, we had a thread about some days ago, so it didn't take long to make a datasheet about this program

Now we have about 500 contents pages.

Ursus:
See also this thread... possibly connected?

* I wonder what farm is that?
viewtopic.php?f=49&t=29891

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version