Author Topic: You Created Us Now Deal With Us  (Read 1837 times)

Offline SharonMcCarthy

• View Profile
You Created Us Now Deal With Us
« on: April 14, 2010, 01:24:17 AM »
[
« Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 06:15:02 PM by SharonMcCarthy »
"A little knowledge that acts is worth infinitely more than much knowledge that is idle."
Kahlil Gibran

Joel

Edited: Wednesday, October 06, 2010
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2010, 01:37:14 AM »
Edited: Wednesday, October 06, 2010
« Last Edit: October 07, 2010, 10:09:35 AM by Joel »

Offline SharonMcCarthy

• View Profile
Re: You Created Us Now Deal With Us
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2010, 01:48:13 AM »
[
« Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 06:14:40 PM by SharonMcCarthy »
"A little knowledge that acts is worth infinitely more than much knowledge that is idle."
Kahlil Gibran

Offline wdtony

• View Profile
    • http://www.pfctruth.com
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2010, 04:00:23 AM »
I am not sure they (the programs) created us, but I do believe they created the situation of being held accountable for their action by former victims.

Anyway, I like the sentiment. We were always told to "deal with it" [verbatim] in the program, it only seems fair that those who run these programs do the same.

But "fair" isn't a real word in Nazi-land programville.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Pathway Family Center Truth = http://www.pfctruth.com

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2010, 10:47:24 AM »
There isn't much actual information out there about Elan that's easy to find, Sharon.  Maybe we can rectify that.  What happened to you at Elan that you felt was most damaging?  What was day to day life like?
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2010, 10:52:14 AM »
Quote from: "wdtony"
I am not sure they (the programs) created us, but I do believe they created the situation of being held accountable for their action by former victims.

I think to a certain extent, they did create what we became.  I was a very shy, timid girl when I went in.  I came out extremely aggressive and combative because that's how they taught me to be.  Sharon said it well.....

Quote from: "SharonMcCarthy"
You stole my youth, you tried to twist my life completely, you made me aggressive and a fighter, you made me political incorrect, you made me nasty at times, you made me bitter for a long time, you made me unable to freely love without distrusting.

It's so true.  I even found some of the "confronting" (the really wrong kind...I realize that sometimes kids need to be confronted with their actions, but that's not what I'm talking about) in my parenting at times and it horrified me.  Straight's advertising slogan was "bringing families together since XXXX" and it was the exact opposite.  They tore families apart, some (like mine) permanently.

Anyway, I like the sentiment. We were always told to "deal with it" [verbatim] in the program, it only seems fair that those who run these programs do the same.

But "fair" isn't a real word in Nazi-land programville.

Yep
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa