Author Topic: An example of the typical family involvement  (Read 3660 times)

Offline kirstin

• View Profile
Re: An example of the typical family involvement
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2010, 10:08:21 AM »
Do you blame your parents because they sent you to a program?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2010, 10:30:37 AM »
Quote from: "kirstin"
Do you blame your parents because they sent you to a program?

I'm assuming you're speaking to me.  Yes, I do.  I was a normal teenager doing normal teenage stuff.  I did not have a drug problem, never been in any legal trouble, screwing up in school a little but nothing major (I went to private school grades 1 - 8 and then switched to public for high school).  My parents got divorced and my father didn't like the fact that he couldn't completely control my every action anymore, so he sent me to a place where they goddamned-well would control every action.  Including when and how long I could sit on the can and take a shit.  I was the 'lightweight' of my group of friends before going in.  I had smoked some pot and drank.  That's it.  I was told, however, on my intake by the director that I had done cocaine numerous times and he could tell that I had done it the night before my intake.  His diagnostic process??  Looking in my eyes.  Somehow all those friends that I was hanging out with, the ones that Straight told me were horrible people and would end up dead/insane/in jail....ALL of them, who were doing much "worse" (using that term loosely) things than I was, turned out just fine and are living great lives to this day.  They were encouraged through their troubles, not degraded and humiliated on a daily basis.  They didn't have to live under a microscope.  They weren't told that they were fuck-ups.     They got out of adolescence with their self esteem intact.   They didn't have to suffer through the PTSD that I did from my two years of incarceration.  I didn't think it could get much worse than Straight.  The beatings, extreme sleep deprivation, isolation from the outside world, the daily humiliation..... then I found Fornits (eons ago now) and found out that kids are actually DYING in these places.  We are "helping" our children to death now.

Fact is, most of the kids I was locked up with were normal teenagers whose parents were scared out of their wits by the big bad Drug Warriors.  Just like today.  Look at any of the online "assessments" at the various programs' websites.  They're a joke!  The "symptoms" they list could apply to pretty much any teenager, which is what they want.  More clients = bigger profits, which is their bottom line.
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline kirstin

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2010, 10:34:32 AM »
Anne normal teenagers don't get sent to therapeutic boarding schools.  You admit to drinking alcohol and smoking pot which seems like a good reason to get you professional help.

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2010, 10:40:47 AM »
Anne normal teenagers don't get sent to therapeutic boarding schools.  You admit to drinking alcohol and smoking pot which seems like a good reason to get you professional help.

Seriously??  So, any kid who drinks or smokes pot, no matter the degree of usage, needs therapeutic intervention??    Wow. I hope you never have kids.

Yes, normal teenagers get sent away all the damn time.

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline kirstin

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2010, 10:50:34 AM »
Quote from: "Anne Bonney"

Seriously??  So, any kid who drinks or smokes pot, no matter the degree of usage, needs therapeutic intervention??    Wow. I hope you never have kids.

Yes, normal teenagers get sent away all the damn time.

Anne kids who drink and smoke pot are breaking the law.  Children who smoke drugs, drink put relations with other family members in jeopardy.  Considering what I wrote, professional therapy could benefit juveniles so they would become emotionally stable.

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2010, 10:52:46 AM »
Quote from: "Anne Bonney"

Anne kids who drink and smoke pot are breaking the law.  Children who smoke drugs, drink put relations with other family members in jeopardy.  Considering what I wrote, professional therapy could benefit juveniles so they would become emotionally stable.

Well, you're a piece of work aren't ya little one?

I hope you never have kids.

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2010, 11:15:51 AM »
Nigga, please...lol.. tell it to someone who buys it.

Offline kirstin

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2010, 01:56:22 PM »
Froderik   you are offending black people which is something I want everyone to know about.  Are you a closet racist?

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2010, 02:04:12 PM »
Froderik   you are offending black people which is something I want everyone to know about.

Ok....we know.  Now what?

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2010, 02:15:19 PM »
Froderik   you are offending black people which is something I want everyone to know about.  Are you a closet racist?
No, I'm BLACK, you asshole.

Offline kirstin

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2010, 02:22:48 PM »
A black person who thinks it's acceptable to say "Nigga" degrades Martin Luther Kings efforts in Birmingham Alabama.

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2010, 02:24:29 PM »
Your MOM degrades Martin Luther Kings efforts in Birmingham Alabama..

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2010, 02:29:45 PM »
Quote from: "Oscar"
My boss has me writing an "impact letter" to his son. What do you think about this?, Yahoo Answers

The letter is meant to bring the kid back to reality and stop the cycle of denial.

He wrote the basics down of what he wants to say, but then he gave me his notes, and the assignment from the school and told me to write the letter.

The school is one of those boot camp type places for kids who need a lot of discipline. It is a really sad and personal situation. I feel so weird writing such a personal and emotional letter. What do you think? What can I even do about it? Nothing, right?
/bump

Offline Oscar

• View Profile
    • Secret Prisons for Teens
« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2010, 04:54:04 PM »

Let us just discuss what is normal. Teenagers who drinks alcohol once they are confirmed are normal in my part of the world. In fact now where we are at war it is a matter of concern if a teenager is acting as a bomb belt is being prepared to be activated.

In our culture the parents offer the child alcohol when they are 14 or 15 years of age in relationship with the confirmation. The "Blue monday" the day after the confirmation it the first day where the teenagers enters town and drink alcohol in public for the first time. Reports from our soldiers in Afghanistan tell the story about how a sober teenager is a potential threat where it is a good idea to shoot first and then ask questions afterward. Enforcing Christianity abroad is a dangerous job. However fifth column activities mean that we have to observe possible dangers in our high schools also so we have set up traps like friday bars for the students where the administration can monitor suspicious activities among the students. Who is not interacting with their peers and etc.

I can not understand that you view a teenager who is drinking as a problem. A huge industry in Europe is the travel business which arrange binge drinking traveling  as a kind of community service project in Bulgaria. Bulgaria was a you properly know among the countries which suffered the most under the 50 years of communist rule. Teenagers and young adults have helped them to rebuilt their country by buying drinks at Sunny Beach. They are today among the most developed countries in the former Eastern block. Other countries like the Czech republic are not that serviceminded and seem to have little understanding about what it takes to succeed, but the messsage is that you as individual can help the local economy by speinf money for alcohol.

Smoking pot is a different thing. It is not very common here because alcohol is legal. Maybe it could be an issue which should be treated. However due to the lack of professionalism in the rehab business worldwide treatment could be done outpatient as well. If you break a leg you can go down to hospital and get it fixed by someone who have studied for years. If you suffer from addiction your therapist is an amateur who in most cases have graduted a program as the only qualification. Addiction is an official registered illness. Why is it not cured by visiting a hospital just as if you have broken a leg? Shouldn't addicts be entitled to professional treatment?