Author Topic: My Bona Fides as an Activist  (Read 2261 times)

Offline Jeff_Berryman

• View Profile
My Bona Fides as an Activist
« on: September 17, 2003, 10:49:00 PM »
http://www.bridgetounderstanding.com/cgi-bin/bbs.pl

Melissa R or anyone else who cares, check the old message board at Bridge to Understanding at the above link.  You will find postings from me dating back to 1998, before Sue Scheff and WWASP ever heard of each other.  So much for my being Sue Scheff's lackey.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
hen I mount my horse, ALL THE WINDMILLS IN SPAIN TREMBLE!

Offline MelissaR

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2003, 11:28:00 PM »
Knock it off, Jeff.... the more you try to convince me (us) that you're "the good guy", the more I discredit anything you have to say. This is a personal choice I have made, so just give it a rest.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2003, 12:20:00 AM »
what was your personal choice?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2003, 01:30:00 AM »
Jeff - didn't say much then much different than you are now.  You know what insanity is? Doing the same things over and over expecting different results.

What I did find interesting is that Karen Lile - the woman that took offense to the TASKS seminars and what one woman wrote to her:

Posted by xxxxx on Monday, 30 March 1998, at 12:14 p.m. (eastern time), in response to Re: Nuremberg Code Raises Questions, posted by Karen E. Lile on Monday, 30 March 1998, at 10:35 a.m. (eastern time)

Karen:

I guess my questions stem from the fact that I do not understand your continued energy on this program. Obviously it did not work for you or your husband even though your daughter was in the program for 7 months and as you said was doing well. And from reading the newspaper articles, saved her life. Regarding feedback, it is only about how someone sees you, it is not about dumping negative stuff on someone.

As you know, I also have been involved in this program for over 18 months as our daughter was in Utah for 14-1/2 months. I have attended 6 seminars that this program offers for the parents and have staffed numerous ones including going to Utah and staffing a Discovery while Andrea was in the program. Our family has changed over the past year in ways that we never dreamed possible. Our communications skills and dealing with each other is so different. There is no screaming or slamming doors, just talking and working out problems in a way that works for everyone. No one is walking out the door now when they get angry, we just talk and work it out..

Obviously you have your opinion, but to try to drag this program into the mud is unfortunate. This program is about family healing and family dynamics.

Yes, I have read all your postings and my opinion is still the same as I am sure yours will be also. I will defend this program forever as being a great program for our kids and for the whole family.

No program is perfect and this program does not pretend to be. But for the majority of families it works and works very well.

If it does not work for you that is ok too, but to try and destroy it just because you found the seminars not to your liking is unfortunate.

Terri

:tup:  :tup:  :tup:  :tup:  :tup:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2003, 03:09:00 AM »
That's funny (about Jeff!) Are you saying you've been doing the dirty on wwasp for 5 years and you're no further than you were in 1998.  Is that why you hooked up to PURE thinking that would be a way to get ahead?  Guess it back fired!

I know the lady that posted the above - Her daughter -  5 years later is one powerful and successful young lady.  Now how do you suppose that happened?    :razz:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2003, 09:18:00 AM »
that happened because God doesn't make junk!

but would she be dead today if she hadn't found the trainings of WWASP? - probably not

If WWASP is the only saving grace- how come we have a world full of awesome-powerful people who've experimented with drugs/etc. and grown through it? They don't credit WWASP

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2003, 12:12:00 PM »
What does DEAD or DRUGS have to do with it?

Would she be in college?  It's hard to get to college when you've dropped out of high school.

Hard to accept that her enrollment at wwasp had anything to do with that, huh?

Offline Jeff_Berryman

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2003, 12:12:00 PM »
And why exactly have you made this personal choice.  What led you to this conclusion?

Offline Jeff_Berryman

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2003, 12:17:00 PM »
You know what insanity is? Doing the same things over and over expecting different results.

No, I expect exactly the results that I am getting.  In the past five years I have prevented literally hundreds of children from falling into WWASP's clutches.  I have helped victims find lawyers.  I have gotten the media involved.  I have helped people find help in getting their kids out of WWASP programs.  WWASP's enrollment is down, they have had facilities closed, and they are facing a class action lawsuit.  Those results look good to me.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2003, 12:33:00 PM »
Jeff - How have you helped hundred of parents from getting involved in wwasp?  By posting false allegations?  By going to parent support forums and privately e-mailing them your allegations?  By contacting newspapers to show how "informed" you? How does one contact you and even know how to find you?

Who's feeding on the fears of parents?   :wave:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2003, 01:03:00 AM »
I heard when someone posts on struggling teens looking for a program, there are educational consultants and others that regularly privately e-mail the posters either promoting their own programs or stating their allegations on programs.  I would be great if the moderators posted a fake request to see who is marketing themselves or hearing the stuff like on the site of you know who.....

Offline Jeff_Berryman

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2003, 10:07:00 AM »
One contacts me at the E-mail address which I always provide.  And I don't make allegations, I just send some links to recent news stories in reputable publications.  That's more than enough to convince anyone playing with a full deck to look elsewhere (Not that they're all playing with a full deck, alas.)  It's not my fault if the truth hurts.  WWASP's problems are entirely of its own making and it deserves what it's going to get.  I'm merely a catylist who's speeding up the process a bit.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2003, 02:22:00 PM »
Does that include a link to PURE?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2003, 07:46:00 PM »
?  Jeff- good question?