Author Topic: HEAL Coordinator  (Read 12587 times)

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
Re: HEAL Coordinator
« Reply #60 on: April 13, 2010, 05:55:48 PM »
Quote from: "Whooter"
The young man I wrote about was incarcerated for depression, sorry you think he should be held accountable.

People are not incarcerated or depression.  People don’t get promoted for hitting their boss.  They don’t get “A’s” for not studying.  They don’t get accolades for skipping school.  They don’t get a free pass for hitting someone over the head with a toilet seat.  This is fantasy on your part.
Every kid in a program knows why they are there.  They may not tell you , but they know why.

:shamrock:  :shamrock:

Thank You,

I am not saying that I agree to send children to these places but there is a problem at home and mommy and daddy are willing to give up responsibility. Please spare me this story that they (parents) are buffaloed, they are usually smarter have more degrees then the folks (program folk) there talking too. They want a reprieve and are willing to sacrifice their child to do it, don't believe me look at your parents they did it without bating a eye.

Danny
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Stand and fight, till there is no more.

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 13, 2010, 11:55:24 PM »
I absolutely support the rights of kids to defend themselves with violence in programs. Programs are attacking them every single damn day and programs have killed some of them. One of these days I'm going to get it into my head to write up that Guide to violent revolt for program captives.

Offline SharonMcCarthy

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 14, 2010, 12:12:49 AM »
[
« Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 06:19:28 PM by SharonMcCarthy »
"A little knowledge that acts is worth infinitely more than much knowledge that is idle."
Kahlil Gibran

Offline John Whooter Reuben

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 14, 2010, 12:30:40 PM »
Every kid in a program knows why they are there.  They may not tell you , but they know why.

Ah, Whooter is the Shadow now and he knows what evil lurks in the hearts of the kids.  It's like the old Chinese proverb:  "Beat your wife every day.  You may not know why you're doing it, but she certainly knows".    That was your everyday philosophy, wasn't it Whooter?

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 14, 2010, 12:34:07 PM »
Quote from: "SharonMcCarthy"
And fornits is like so fucken credible lately to even point fucken fingers at anyone..priceless and yet amusingly funny as hell.

Fornits doesn't hold itself up as an advocacy site.  It's just a message board.

and shit i rather see someone down to fucken earth then some lame ass fake ass people that have been running around here, they only stay your friends when they try to use you for their purposes.

In my opinion Angela rocks and God Bless her in her efforts, this is a nasty thing we are up against and God Bless her and I would stand behind her before half the lunitics on here.

Alrighty then.  :eek:
« Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 12:49:09 PM by Anne Bonney »
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 14, 2010, 12:35:45 PM »

Yeah, I know why I was there.  My dad was a fucking control freak.

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 14, 2010, 12:48:07 PM »
The young man I wrote about was incarcerated for depression, sorry you think he should be held accountable.
People are not incarcerated for depression.  People don’t get promoted for hitting their boss.  They don't get "A's" for not studying.  They don't get accolades for skipping school.  They don't get a free pass for hitting someone over the head with a toilet seat.  This is fantasy on your part.
Employing the broad brush today, eh?

Of course kids get locked up for depression. Kids are enrolled in program all the time for "self-esteem issues," for "bad attitudes," for "suspicious malingering"... As to why that apparently is reason enough to enroll a kid in a friggin' program? Talk to their marketing department. Oh, right, you would know about that now, wouldn't you?  :D

They may know why the program or their parents think they should be there. Given enough time and coercive persuasion, those folks may even the convince a kid they're right. That doesn't necessarily make it so, however...
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 14, 2010, 01:19:43 PM »
We know, we know.  All the kids in programs were just seconds away from getting a full scholarship to an ivy league school and never missed a day when they were suddenly plucked up and set down into a program and have no understanding of why they are there.

Prison:
“How many of you are innocent?  Give me a show of hands.”

Mental Hospital:
How many of you should be allowed back in society?  Give me a show of hands”

Program:
“How many of you don’t deserve to be here?  Give me a show of hands.”

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 14, 2010, 01:31:36 PM »
We know, we know.  All the kids in programs were just seconds away from getting a full scholarship to an ivy league school and never missed a day when they were suddenly plucked up and set down into a program and have no understanding of why they are there.

Prison:
"How many of you are innocent?  Give me a show of hands."

Mental Hospital:
How many of you should be allowed back in society?  Give me a show of hands"

Program:
"How many of you don't deserve to be here?  Give me a show of hands."
Such a bitter, bitter man.  :D

All of those things have happened and continue to happen. There are kids locked up in juvie and mental institutions for no better reason than that they ran away from abusive home environments. Same with programs.
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 14, 2010, 01:34:27 PM »

Prison:
“How many of you are innocent?  Give me a show of hands.”

Mental Hospital:
How many of you should be allowed back in society?  Give me a show of hands”

Program:
“How many of you don’t deserve to be here?  Give me a show of hands.”

Difference being, prisoners have due process and have to be convicted of a crime before being incarcerated.  Mental patients, in FL at least, can only be held against their will for 72 hours unless a qualified psychiatrist diagnoses them as an imminent danger to themselves or others.  Kids in programs get the benefit of neither a conviction nor diagnosis before the parent is free to abdicate their responsibilities.

But at least we're getting a glimpse of how you view children.  They have no rights and are comparable to convicted criminals and mental patients.  Gotcha.

Offline SUCK IT

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 14, 2010, 02:36:26 PM »
Quote from: "Anne Bonney"

Daddy issues, makes sense now why you obsess over every word Whooter types. Remember when you called him "Daddy"?

That was some creepy shit!

:twofinger:
one day at a time

Offline SUCK IT

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 14, 2010, 02:37:39 PM »
Quote from: "Ursus"

All of those things have happened and continue to happen. There are kids locked up in juvie and mental institutions for no better reason than that they ran away from abusive home environments. Same with programs.

:waaaa:  :roflmao:  :fuckoff:
one day at a time

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 14, 2010, 02:41:58 PM »
Quote from: "SUCK IT"

Daddy issues, makes sense now why you obsess over every word Whooter types. Remember when you called him "Daddy"?

That was some creepy shit!

:twofinger:

Nope.  Never called him daddy but he sure does remind me of the same twisted mentality.  It is creepy.

:twofinger:  :twofinger:  :twofinger:

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 14, 2010, 02:43:50 PM »
Difference being, prisoners have due process and have to be convicted of a crime before being incarcerated. Mental patients, in FL at least, can only be held against their will for 72 hours unless a qualified psychiatrist diagnoses them as an imminent danger to themselves or others. Kids in programs get the benefit of neither a conviction nor diagnosis before the parent is free to abdicate their responsibilities.

Once the child is of age then they get the benefit of the court system.  This isn’t any one particular persons  fault.  It’s the way the majority of the people voted in this country.  Once these kids turn 18 they can change the laws to allow kids to get legal representation at age 12 if they like.  But we have all been 12 years old in our lifetime and the majority of us agree with the present law or we would have changed it a long time ago.

But at least we're getting a glimpse of how you view children. They have no rights and are comparable to convicted criminals and mental patients. Gotcha.

Exactly, no rights for children until they become old enough and kids in programs can be compared to convicted criminals and mental patients on the specific level I spoke of.  For example if I told you that someone I knew was as honest as Abe Lincoln it doesn’t mean he necessarily has a beard and stove top hat.  If I said my neighbor had a beard like Abe Lincoln it would necessarily mean he was tall or honest.  So I am not comparing kids in programs to criminals and mental patients on all levels.  

I understand that many struggle with this connection here so I tend to repeat it for re-education and clarification purposes.

As an aside:  I thinks its telling that you still blame your father after all these years and at the same time blame the program for tearing families apart.

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 14, 2010, 02:55:58 PM »
Once the child is of age then they get the benefit of the court system.

My point was that in the juvenile court system, there is due process.  Not so with programs.

As an aside:  I thinks its telling that you still blame your father after all these years and at the same time blame the program for tearing families apart.

Well, it's true.  He's isolated himself from and written off all family and friends who don't subscribe to his all or nothing mentality.  It's sad really.  He's a lonely old man and probably going to die that way.

I've got an amazing husband of 20 years now, great job, standing in the community (hell, we even joined the damned yacht club), couple of awesome kids, great friends and other family but he refuses to speak to me because I drink and partake of the ganja. A long time ago Straight told him that was the right thing to do and he still, after 20+ years, follows them to the letter. Funny, I found out that two of his friends regularly smoke but they begged me not to tell him for fear of his reaction and what he would spread around their community about them.  Incidentally, those friends also told me that he misses me terribly but his pride won't allow him to bend.  Again, very sad.