Author Topic: Forum rules, banning, my fuckup, etc.  (Read 1101 times)

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Forum rules, banning, my fuckup, etc.
« on: March 27, 2010, 05:37:13 PM »
Ok, I fucked up. Last night I got a request from a moderator to enforce a ban. Honest to God, I've never done that before and Psy's busy so I skipped a step. Meanwhile, turns out that the other mod on that forum doesn't agree with the decision anyway, mostly on procedural grounds. So good thing I fucked up, eh?

Since then I've been reading recent threads and going over PMs relating to this brawl and talking with people who have been paying a lot more attention to this than I have till now.

It's gotten to the point, once again, where the current brawl has overshadowed other conversation and takes up so many pages that, in practical terms, a person with a life can't catch up and participate or even weed through the bullshit to get at the meat.

So I've decided to step in and moderate. Just this once.  :suicide:

Personally, I'm much inclined to go back to the old rules. It's not my intention to decide for participants and passive readers what you may or may not read or write. It's also not my job to protect anyone from other people's responses to your saying whatever the hell you want. My object is to keep these forums functional. But I did agree to let Inculcated and Ursus lay down and enforce rules. And a fair number of participants seem to like the idea. So it wouldn't be fair to just change that unilaterally change it up without trying.  

This is a formal public warning and request to all participants. Please steer clear of the personal attacks. Everybody. Both ways. If you feel personally attacked try and let it roll off and address the substance of the conversation (if you can find any). Consider that the definition of the term "personal attack" is mostly perceptual. Mostly. Some things are quite overt.

Now I'm going to try privately to get everyone to understand one another well enough to keep talking together.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes