Author Topic: California to possibly legalize pot this november  (Read 2643 times)

Offline Matt C. Hoffman

• View Profile
California to possibly legalize pot this november
« on: March 25, 2010, 03:13:56 PM »
Say it aint so...I am watching CNBC right now and they are talking about the fact that the voters of California will vote on a referendum on all out legalization of Cannabis this November.

I watch this station because I am interested in the stock market .

Though I am blown away at the amount of high quality bud that has just been paraded across my screen. Beautiful buds and plants .

The anchors are calling it the stoner stimulus for California.

The referendum will allow Californians over the age of 21 to  posses an once of pot.

They are  saying that California has a 14 billion dollar cash crop.Which I don't doubt since the police basically set the price in my opinion, by stating how much the Cannabis they seize is worth. And of course next thing you know thats what the market will bear.  LOL

It is funny that the opponents are some growers that don't want it legal because they think it will cause their profits to drop. and more than likely it will.

I have not smoked pot in over 7 years, yet support people who chose to smoke pot for medicinal or recreational reasons. I do not feel that people should be arrested for archaic/arcane pot laws.

It was simply funny to see all the high grade bud being paraded on CNBC 20 minutes ago .

And the anchors of the show (God bless them) did a really good job keeping a staight face about this possible "stoner Stimulus" for California.  LOL
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
Re: California to possibly legalize pot this november
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2010, 04:32:31 PM »
Stoner stimulus.....LOVE it!!

:rasta:  :rasta:
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2010, 08:15:17 PM »
It is funny that the opponents are some growers that don't want it legal because they think it will cause their profits to drop. and more than likely it will.
No offense to anyone, but those growers you're talkin' about should be boycotted; they're more concerned with their profits than they are people's lives and freedom...to hell with them. Buy from someone else, if you should happen to see this going on...

Offline Matt C. Hoffman

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2010, 03:38:54 PM »
Frodo

It makes a lot of sense (no pun)to do that and would work if you were able to identify those large scale growers. These are the folks that contribute to economic survival of towns in northern California. They also make huge dollars growing high grade pot, and share the wealth with their communities.

If this referendum is written properly not only should it be legal for someone posses an ounce of Cannabis , it also should be legal to grow yer own.

Prohibition did not work and as a result you can produce your own hootch. You can't sell your private label ,you can sure enjoy it with your neighbor and heck even give them  a little .

If you could grow yer own , would you ever buy it again ?

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2010, 05:10:39 PM »
Quote from: "Matt C. Hoffman"
If you could grow yer own , would you ever buy it again ?
No sir, I would not!

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2010, 05:40:54 PM »
I think Legalization would breakout so beautifully and naturally.  The market would stabilize and self regulate within months with everyone taking their position in sales and offerings.  The prices would plummet initially as cheap products would flood the market.  But very quickly like the various echelons of wine and fine scotches the market would yield to various brand names and we all would be provided with a choice of low and high end product.

We would have our choice of people selling their organic indoor strains like Haze, Easy rider and, Shiva.  Organic and non-organic Early Girl and local California Bud.  Then we would see an in pouring of Feminized strains such as Kaya and super girl,the  Sativas i.e. “Purple Haze” and your Best Indica Skunk.  California would lead the way as the rest of the country watched legalization take hold.

Of course Burpee would get sparked and all revitalized and start hiring immediately lol.

I think many would immediately start growing their own at home as people did when prohibition was lifted but as the prices dropped and the quality increased and stabilized the home brews fell by the wayside.  People still brew their own beer and wine at home today but the high quality micro breweries are cutting into that market as well.  So eventually I think home grown weed would wane.

Offline Matt C. Hoffman

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2010, 10:09:48 AM »
Hi Whooter ,

I am honoured that you graced this thread with some of your thoughts. It doesn't make me feel as warm and fuzzy as Cannabis did when I use to smoke it  LOL ...though never the less I appreciate your thoughts.

I want you to understand that I had a legitimate medical mj card from a state in the pacific northwest ,when I lived there 10 or so years ago. I saw first hand the troubles that were created and the loop holes that were taken advantage of by  the " unsavory element '.  

Though this states law was written miles better than I personally believe  California's medical law was written. And we know how that turned out. It  opened the door to legalized dealing to sick people  in their attempt  to  find medicine, for their various illnesses. And I certainly did not agree with that. Sorry folks thats just how I felt about it.

I guess in the long run this legalized dealing (by the state of California) has worked to the advantage of the people that actually believe that Cannabis should be free, traded and or given to the sick and imfirmed.

California's law on medical mj has shown the state what the worth of that plant is. The term Stoner Stimulus is funny , and if this law does pass ,and you are allowed to posses and or (hopefully ) grow yer own . That California"s largest cash crop  will become affordable to all the infirmed and sick , that can't afford it now (FREE) as how it should be .

As far as the seeds go it might be more of a horticutural event , since it seems and from my experience from the pacific northwest , that will blossom. LOL  Out there people didn't pass around seeds ,they passed around cuttings of tried and true strains .

Whooter again I thank you for your comments , though I think the grow yer own will never go out of fashion , regardless if you could buy a pack of marijuana smalls at your local gas station.

On another note  I  alsothank you for your comment pertaing to my type of program.  Thank you for recognizing that fact .

Matt

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2010, 04:46:19 PM »
Quote from: "Matt C. Hoffman"
Though this states law was written miles better than I personally believe California's medical law was written. And we know how that turned out. It opened the door to legalized dealing to sick people in their attempt to find medicine, for their various illnesses. And I certainly did not agree with that. Sorry folks thats just how I felt about it.
Right on, Matt..  :tup:

Offline FemanonFatal2.0

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2010, 08:55:05 PM »
The real reason EVERYONE should support this "stoner stimulus" is because commercializing the sale and distribution of pot is going to dramatically decrease the crime rate. Look at mexico for example, a large percentage of the cartel's profits come from smuggling weed through the border and I think we can all assume, a significant amount of legitimate criminal activity takes place in this process. Cutting off the cartel's main source of income can essentially cripple their drug trade, and reduce the amount of money tax payers are currently paying to manage the borders, and the street sales of marijuana.

Think about it, every cop that didn't need to pull over, search, harass and arrest every teenage stoner might be able to be out solving real crimes?... haha what a concept!

:rasta:  :rasta:  :rasta:  :rasta:
[size=150]When Injustice Becomes Law
...Rebellion Becomes Duty...[/size]

[size=150]WHEN THE RAPTURE COMES
CAN I HAVE YOUR FLAT SCREEN?[/size]

Offline SEKTO

• View Profile

Offline Matt C. Hoffman

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2010, 07:18:37 PM »
Hi all ,

(no pun) Well it appears that this potential  law ,according  now to NBC nightly news , that people will be able to grow their own. According to the news , at this time  56% of Californian's are in  support of this referendum.

Yes it will reduce the violence  along the Mexican border. Take away the profits that these cartels make on Cannabis and wa-la the national forests in California have  also just become safer .

One of the proponents of this referendum seems to think that  this potential precedent  will spread across the country. And yes it will free up the police to do their jobs, which is to protect and serve.

NBC news also is getting  some mileage out of parading  Cannabis over the airways.  

I like it .

Matt

Joel

Edited: Wednesday, October 06, 2010
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2010, 06:24:02 AM »
Edited: Wednesday, October 06, 2010
« Last Edit: October 07, 2010, 08:33:35 AM by Joel »

Offline wdtony

• View Profile
    • http://www.pfctruth.com
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2010, 06:38:41 AM »
I don't smoke pot..... and I wouldn't if it was legal. I think anyone who wants to smoke it is already doing so. So we might as well make it legal and eliminate the criminalization of it while knocking the illegal marijuana trade down.

This will free up the prison system from unecessary tax payer dollars being spent on non-violent, non-dangerous pot smokers  while creating a great profit machine. Even if taxed immensely, the prices would drop enough to crush the black market, eliminating more "crime".

Smoking pot can hurt your lungs but so can cigarrettes as well as working at almost any chemical factory. There will be some problems for sure but I bet there wouldn't be that many. The good far outweighs the bad by legalizing it, or at least decriminalizing it.

I used to drive down deep into Kentucky when I was younger to go cave exploring and see the local police harvesting their pot crops in early October....right out in the main road for all to see! It's KY, whatyagonna do?

I would like to see some of that tax revenue used to educate people on the facts about weed. Any drug, even one as seemingly harmless as weed should still be approached with caution. I hope California is a successful guinea pig for the nation.
Pathway Family Center Truth = http://www.pfctruth.com

Offline iamartsy

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2010, 09:23:32 AM »
Unfortunately pot can mess up a person with epilepsy due to the fertilizers and unknown chemicals. I was looking into medical use when I found that out. Now if you found an organic grower you might do better. I would love to find one for reducing crippling pain.

Offline wdtony

• View Profile
    • http://www.pfctruth.com
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2010, 05:06:04 PM »
I heard on "right wing talk radio" the other night that pot contains large amounts of mercury...... Can this be true? Also, I wonder how much mercury there might be in tobacco cigarrettes.

This might have just been fear tactics and propaganda.
Pathway Family Center Truth = http://www.pfctruth.com