Author Topic: So what if we not a Christian?  (Read 7351 times)

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
So what if we not a Christian?
« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2003, 10:48:00 AM »
I reserve the right to complain, whether or not I vote. Did I mention that I also don't like the prospect of jury-duty? (which is a side-effect of voting.) Show me who a candidate worth voting for, and I'll vote for him/her. Until then, it's "none of the above" for me. I'm aware of the repression in foreign countries. I've been abroad myself. Our votes are rigged anyway. Look at it this way, if NO ONE voted, no one could be elected... :rofl:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2003, 11:55:00 AM »
Nicole,

Weren't you in Straight for a mere 4 days?  I find it hard to believe you suffered anywhere near what most of us did in.  I lost a year of my life in that hell hole.  You weren't even there for a whole week!

Offline nicoleesther

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 30, 2003, 01:05:00 PM »
Yes Heather,

Your right...I did not suffer like the majority of you did on this board....Every time I read more stories I feel very blessed and my situation could have been so much worse....HOWEVER, just 4 days had radical impact on me.  After the second night I attempted to AWOL and jumped out of a window.  Subsequently I was very hurt, broken nose, head injury, 9 stitches in my left arm.  Like most of you who attenpted an AWOL Straight did not take it very well when you returned.  I was kept awake for 24 hrs screamed at told I was a looser whore in front of the entire grp etc etc.

They refused to give me medical attention- prescribed medication, pain killers etc and I finally passed out.  They finally took me to the ER & an angel nurse saved me....called my formed therapist & he got me out of Straight.  I went to a Psychiatric Hospital & treated for PTDS.  It was there Child abuse reports were filed & the state licensing board interviewed me.  Straight CA was shut down 2 months later due to my testimony.  I did not speak to my Mom for over one year & had to live with friend until I went to college.  

Although I was only there for 4 days I thing Straight had the most impact on me & deeply affected me....Mostly due to the situation following my AWOL & life after Straight...relationship with my mother etc....I think that time in my life in 1990 when I was 17 was even more painful then when my father died when I was 13.  I think the hardest thing was that if my Dad was alive Straight would have NEVER HAPPENED TO ME!!!!

But on a lighter note I think I was meant to be there...even though it was very painful....Due to my testimony Straight was forced to leave CA...

Just though you should know

Nicole  :smile:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 30, 2003, 03:04:00 PM »
what is this site...are there still "treatment centers" abusing kids...what the hell is goin on :wstupid:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 16, 2003, 04:55:00 AM »
According to the New Testament in Romans chapter 2, paul mentions that those who are entirely ignorant of the gospel message who "are a law unto themselves" will be "judged" according to what they know. In chapters 9, 10, and 11 of Romans, it is apparent that Paul believed that Jews would be "grafted" back ultimately, "all Israel shall be saved". I asked a "completed Jew" once if this "all Israel" meant "all Jews", and he was certain that it was, so I was like, well, don't they have to believe in Jesus? And Avner took me to Romans 9:4-5 "Who are Israelites; to whom PERTAINETH (BELONG) the adoption, and the glory, and the covenants, and the giving of the law, and the service of God, and the promises; Whose are the fathers, and of whom concerning the flesh Christ came, who is over all, God blessed for ever. Amen." Mr. Bosky's emphasis was on the present tense "to whom pertaineth (belongs)" the covenants, etc. Paul believed that Jesus (Yeshua) was the promised Messiah and that faith in Him alone brought salvation, but I think it is important to read Romans chapters 9, 10, and 11 and then pray to God about Yeshua.

You know, I've met all types of Christians. I've met some "cool" non Christians and Jews. We are similar in our humanity, and have the ability to bless others, to forgive others. But I have found Yeshua to be greater than the coolest of people. His forgiveness of us is so complete that we often can't handle it. We have our ups and downs, but He is consistent. I like Him alot. If I could I would persuade you to become as I am, but I believe God is more than able to communicate to a willing heart and that if you should look anywhere for answers, you should go directly to Him. I may say something dumb that may cause you to feel alienated or fearful, but in Him there is no fear. Yeshua is the "complete" experience for the Jew and Gentile alike. Glory to God, you've got me preachin! I feel the glory that pertaineth to the Israelites exuding from every pore of my body! This is all your fault!

Offline Don Smith

• View Profile
    • http://straightincalumni.com
« Reply #35 on: December 16, 2003, 07:19:00 AM »
just 4 days had radical impact on me.

I understand that.  My first two weeks were spent trying to adjust to the environment there.  Cried my eyes out in the dismissal line and not having a clue how to get out.  It was terrifying.

Don
t\'s not for me to question How God will provide for my needs. I only have to Know that He will.

Offline Cayo Hueso

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 16, 2003, 08:23:00 AM »
On 2003-09-17 08:27:00, Anonymous wrote:

"All that means is you will burn in hell."

No, it means THESE people will burn in Hell!!!!  I am so sick of people trying to scare me into believing in their God.  I had enough of people doing "what's in my best interest" in Straight.  Sounds like the same intimidation tactics.  I want NO PART of any organization that thinks that THIS is the way to discipline a child.  Thank GOD, yes the very same one that some people will say is going to condemn me to Hell, that these idiots were put away.

http://customwire.ap.org/dynamic/storie ... CTION=HOME

[ This Message was edited by: cayohueso on 2003-12-16 05:33 ]

[ This Message was edited by: cayohueso on 2003-12-16 05:34 ]
t. Pete Straight
early 80s

Offline Cayo Hueso

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 16, 2003, 08:35:00 AM »
http://customwire.ap.org/dynamic/storie ... CTION=HOME

sorry, the link didn't work when I tried it....hope this one does.

If I am of the opinion that it is inexpedient to assign to the government the task of operating railroads, hotels, or mines, I am not an "enemy of the state" any more than I can be called an enemy of sulfuric acid because I am of the opinion that, useful though it may be for many purposes, it is not suitable either for drinking, or for washing one's hands.
http://www.mises.org/liberal/ch1sec7.asp' target='_new'>Ludwig Von Mises

t. Pete Straight
early 80s

Offline ClayL

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 16, 2003, 04:47:00 PM »
Jury duty is fun. I have had jury duty three times and been a juror for two trials. I was picked for three, but the somebodies lawyer took one look at the jury that got seated and POOF the case was settled. We came back in the room and the judge was laughing about how we had scared one of the attorneys.

I was once on misdemenor criminal, and Common Pleas which is where the big money is twice. I don't think I'd like General Sessions much though because to find someone guilty I'd really be fucking up their already fucked up lives.

Any way, most states are going to drivers licenses for jury pools to ensure all you non voters get your turns on jury duty. So I guess it is a side effect of driving now... Phht! :lol:

Now you can still renounce your citizenship and not have to do jury duty though. I have noticed the lines aren't very long for this choice however.

TO be honest, I think I live in the greatest nation on earth. I relish the fact that I get to vote, even if they are bums. I like jury duty and enjoy public service. I think all these things make me an American something I am very proud of.

CL

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 16, 2003, 10:31:00 PM »
Hey you're right, Clay. I've since changed my views about jury duty. That's an old post up there btw. Yeah, I had j.d. a few weeks back and it was allright. I got 2-3 hours to wander around in downtown Balto. It had been a while! I went in a used record store and walked out with a video tape of "Night Of the Living Dead" which is one of my fav movies of all time! Only cost me $4! I also went to the library and checked out a few CDs. "Plastic Letters" by Blondie. "In Through the Out Door" by Led Zeppelin. The Best of Robert Johnson. I got to spend a lot of time reading. I was reading the autobiography of Sun Ra. I stopped. Maybe I'll pick that book up again someday. Maybe I'll suceed in talking my wife into watching "NOTLD" with me. I'll slip her a mickey and pop it in, lol. Take care Clay, see you 'round.. :grin:

Offline ClayL

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 17, 2003, 08:44:00 AM »
Ya know, I usually check the date on posts...

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 17, 2003, 10:57:00 PM »
JQuoted by wearingabelt:

" Nicole,

Weren't you in Straight for a mere 4 days? I find it hard to believe you suffered anywhere near what most of us did in. I lost a year of my life in that hell hole. You weren't even there for a whole week!"

I realize this is an old post, but time in isn't the end all.

There was a girl in 1975 that was placed in the Seed. She soon attempted suicide by hiding a razor from her oldcomer's bathroom and slashing her wrists in the Seed bathroom while a oldocomer stood guard outside the stall.Afterward the Seed tried to cover it up and wouldn't tell her mom. She then escaped and lived in the woods near her mother's house for a week, too scared to return home because she was scared her mom would take her back. Eventually she went home and fortunately her mom didn't take her back to the seed.

Imagine the impact this event had on her life. She was 16, had smoked pot and then ended up in that insane asylum behind Tyrone mall and had to run for her sanity.  She was only at the Seed for a short period of time, and I bet it impacted her life forever.

This was her explanation to the St Pete newspaper when they caught wind of it and interviewed her.

"being dead was about the best thing I could think of. I thought about how peaceful I'll be. There won't be no more Seed. I can't stand this anymore."

[ This Message was edited by: GregFL on 2003-12-17 19:59 ]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 18, 2003, 04:23:00 PM »
On 2003-12-16 19:31:00, Froderik13 wrote:

"Hey you're right, Clay. I've since changed my views about jury duty. That's an old post up there btw. Yeah, I had j.d. a few weeks back and it was allright. I got 2-3 hours to wander around in downtown Balto. It had been a while! I went in a used record store and walked out with a video tape of "Night Of the Living Dead" which is one of my fav movies of all time! Only cost me $4! I also went to the library and checked out a few CDs. "Plastic Letters" by Blondie. "In Through the Out Door" by Led Zeppelin. The Best of Robert Johnson. I got to spend a lot of time reading. I was reading the autobiography of Sun Ra. I stopped. Maybe I'll pick that book up again someday. Maybe I'll suceed in talking my wife into watching "NOTLD" with me. I'll slip her a mickey and pop it in, lol. Take care Clay, see you 'round.. :grin: "

Oh, double dear Alex!!!  

Wow, you're so shocking and different than everyone else, gee... I wish I was as punk rock and cool as you are!!!!

Jackass... :roll:

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 18, 2003, 10:09:00 PM »
Yes, It never fails that there's always some asshole, (9 times out of 10 it's an anonymous asshole, a coward in other words) who has to go ahead and make attacks on people for no reason. Ok, dickhead/bitch...(see, I hate this, I don't even know what sex you are, so I don't know which insults to pick for you) I dare you to pick a gender and perhaps an identity so that we'll always know "Here comes that fucking jerk/bitch!" But you won't, you little pussy/twit, will you? No you won't...But anyway -

What was so "punkrock" about that post??

"Oh, double dear Alex!!!"

You sound like my mom or something. I'll bet you are a female. Get on some meds. Find something better to do. I'm sick of idiots like you who can't find anything else to do but to fuck with me for no apparent reason. Except that maybe I am cooler than you, and that bothers you for some reason...Get a life, twit. I dare you to disclose your identity you WUSS!! C'mon... (fuck you finger emoticon right here)

Offline teachback

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 19, 2003, 11:19:00 AM »
I'll slip her a mickey and pop it in.

Perhaps this phrase pushed some hidden buttons. Maybe anon was a victim of date-rape. I realize that you were joking about a video tape. She could have openly objected to this instead of just being a twit, though...Oh well, like the Subgenii say, "Fuck 'em if they can't take a joke!"  :grin: