Author Topic: Academy at Ivy Ridge wants to give us some free publicity!!  (Read 5473 times)

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Academy at Ivy Ridge wants to give us some free publicity!!
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2003, 05:05:00 PM »
Really? In Straight, when that happened, they just reamed out the rape victim for being gamey (i.e. flirting) and not respecting him or herself and then started the staff member over on first phase, where he'd be locked into a room with juvenile boys in their underwear every night for a few more months.

Folks, we really need good, hard, solid and documentable details. Take it to the media, the courts or just post it online somewhere, but it has to come out and it has to be detailed info. Rape happens occasionally even under wholesome circumstances. The problem is when it happens a lot, due to someone setting up ideal circumstances, and when it's not handled well. A girl I went to high-school with was a victim of statutory rape by our new coach. In that case, the church elders and school facutly dealt with the problem with the family. The coach lost his job, teaching credentials and reputation and wound up marrying the girl, who was only about 4 or 5 years younger. It was voluntary for both parties and I understand they lived relatively hapily ever after.

My point is that just that one little detail doesn't tell the whole story. There are damned good reasons why victims of rape should think carefully about whether or not to go public. If you're going to go public, be smart about it and be prepared to go the whole mile.

Education is a better safeguard of liberty than a standing army.
--Edward Everett

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline FaceKhan

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2003, 10:58:00 PM »
Another issue may be whether ivy ridge violated NY law by not reporting the rape to the authorities and handling it in house (ie. burying it). Since the girl was obviously under 18, the rape must be reported in a lot of states or the adults who fail to report which would include the job descriptions of the staff there can face jail time.
All of the darkness of the world cannot put out the light of one small candle.\"

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2003, 01:37:00 AM »
Maybe they didn't report it because it didn't happen??? :wave:

Offline FaceKhan

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2003, 02:24:00 AM »
Actually the substance of the allegation is for the police to decide, the facility and most members of its staff are required to report any allegation or evidence of child abuse ( which is almost comical since the facility is the source of that abuse). Failure to do so can result in prison time.

Basically that means that if a kid has bruises, appears malnourished, or is mysteriously injured it has to be reported. Since the staff are the ones inflicting these injuries obviously they are not going to turn themselves in.

Maybe it was not reported because WWASP sees very little wrong with rapes within their programs since it is just one more way to break the kids down. The only downside for wwasp is that allegations of rape are more likely to generate widespread publicity than allegations of food deprivation and physical abuse.

The war we fight is not against powers or principalities. It is against chaos and despair. Greater than the death of flesh is the death of hope, the death of dreams. Against this peril we can never surrender.

[ This Message was edited by: FaceKhan on 2003-09-17 23:26 ]
All of the darkness of the world cannot put out the light of one small candle.\"

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2003, 03:36:00 AM »
WWASPS HAS HAD MANY ALLEGATIONS OF RAPE AS WELL AS PHYSICAL ABUSE, INCLUDING IVY RIDGE ACADEMY IN NEW YORK. WWASP HAS THE WORST REPUTATION BECAUSE IT ABUSES TEENS IN THE WORST WAYS.
WWASP DOES NOT WANT TO HELP YOU POOR LIL TEEN,
THEY WANT YOUR DAMN MONEY. AND YES, COULD IT BE ANYMORE OBVIOUS THESE PEOPLE ARE GOING TO BE SHUT DOWN SOONER OR LATER. THEY MIGHT BE TEENS, BUT HOW DARE YOU ABUSE TEENS IN THE NAME OF "TREATMENT".

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2003, 03:39:00 AM »
The feeling of being in a wwasp facility isnt treatment, its the most hopless feeling a human bein could have. IT IS PRISON.

YOUR TEEN IS BEING ILLEALLY INCARCERATED.
THERE FREEDOM IS BEING ILLEGALLY TAKEN AWAY.
ITS NOT LIKE THEY CAN WALK OUT THE DOOR AND GET SOMETHING TO EAT. THEY ARE LOCKED UP BEHIND SETS OF DOORS WITH ONLY KEY CARD ACCESS FOR THE STAFF AND FOOD IS A PRIVELAGE, AND IF YOU DONT COOPERATE WITH THERE RULES OR ABUSEIVE METHODS,
THEN HAVE FUN ON YOUR CHIN FOR 12 HOURS A DAY

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2003, 09:09:00 AM »
my son told me a male staff member threatened to rape him.  bunch of weirdos runnin that show.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2003, 09:08:00 PM »
Yep, been hearing the same thing. IVY RIDGE acadmey seems to be becoming a facility for the employed rapists of new york. Soon enough there un-reported abuse will be be slapped on them with responsibility. I do hear jason finlinson seems to be pretty brutal with the teens. Jason has a reputation with flirting with the girls and also beating the guys.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2003, 08:06:00 PM »
Any updates here webmistress?

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2003, 09:28:00 PM »
Nothing new here. Business as usual.

No citizen of a liberal and democratic nation profits from a victorious war.
--Ludwig von Mises

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2005, 12:34:00 AM »
i had just arrived at ivy ridge when the whole "scandal" occurred and had become close to a few girls involved. the girls were at fault too, for falling back into their bad habits, but yes its true. staff members were fired. there was sexual conduct and drug/alcohol use among and between staff members and a few students.

Offline LSwi

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2005, 05:27:00 PM »
honestly I wouldnt be surprised if the real story was that the girl offered these favors in exchange for a cigarette--- we do have to remember that there are some smuts in the program.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2005, 05:39:00 PM »
You've got to be kidding.
Are you implying that the staffs 'non working choice' might be justified by the minor residents 'non working choice'?
I think the law looks at that much differently than programs.

Offline LSwi

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2005, 05:40:00 PM »
I dont want to sound as though I'm taking up for Ivy Ridge- but alot of this stuff just doesnt sound right-- like Jason Finlinson flirting with the girls in there-- Jason Finlinson is barely a friendly person.  I just couldnt see him trying to flirt with one of the girls there.

Offline LSwi

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2005, 05:45:00 PM »
no- not at all-
just bringing a new perspective to the issue
You must remember that there are people out there that if they have an issue with someone else will make up stories to bring that person down.  I am not saying that the whole thing didnt happen,  it very well could have.