Author Topic: seamus loses his fucking mind,and invents something  (Read 2593 times)

Offline seamus

• View Profile
seamus loses his fucking mind,and invents something
« on: March 15, 2010, 10:48:55 AM »
Ok Ihave had a musical delemma of a technical nature for quite some time (years). I never have been able to get a good handle on a simple "foot stomp" sound. As in Im playing a resonator style guitar,and want a super audible foot stomp sound,for both time keeping and accompanyment purposes. After having gone thru mikes,many of them,and sundry mike placements,this is the freakish,yet awkwardly brilliant solution.

Seamus Is PROUD to announce "THE ELECTRIC COWBOY BOOT"

so what ive done is this: I took apart the heel on a right cowboy boot,used a roto-zip tool to carve out a spot for an old BASS pickup that was in a box o' parts( I think its originally from a Gibson grabber bass) and installed it ,and soldered the jack into position on the right side of the heel. So now Ive wound up with a boot that you can plug into the board,or an amp.It sounds GREAT,and can be unplugged, and worn just like any ol boot. Goddamn. ;D
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
It\'d be sad if it wernt so funny,It\'d be funny if it wernt so sad

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
Re: seamus loses his fucking mind,and invents something
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2010, 10:59:41 AM »
That's awesome!!!!!

:notworthy:  :notworthy:  :jamin:
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2010, 11:16:24 AM »
Sheeeit, man! That's the best doggone invention since Eugene Chadbourne's electric rake (made by attaching an electric guitar pickup to an ordinary metal rake; after playing it he passed it to audience members.) I wish there was video / audio of it, or that I could hear it in real life...  :notworthy:

Offline seamus

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2010, 12:29:36 PM »
After further fucking around this morning I have done the following:
                                                                                       Played it into tape,"raw",with "plate reverb", "plate echo", and the best rusult was thru my cheeeezy little Danelectro "slap echo" thru various eq'ing I also can get it to sound more bass drummy,I took a piece of 3/4 inch plywood and it gets a fucking WICKED,real foot on wooden floor foot stomp sound,which is what I was looking for to start with. Now how do I make it sound BACKWARDS? Hmmmmmm.
It\'d be sad if it wernt so funny,It\'d be funny if it wernt so sad

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2010, 02:34:29 PM »
That really is pretty cool.  Gonna have to tell hubby about that.
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline Botched Programming

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2010, 03:33:58 PM »
Pretty cool... I watched a show on Discovery Channel where a guy installed pick ups in logs and othe items... made some funky sounds as he beat on them with drum sticks...