Author Topic: Another angle to consider  (Read 3257 times)

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Another angle to consider
« on: September 15, 2003, 04:11:00 PM »
The following just came to me on another of my favorite discussion lists (the list name is tongue-in-cheek):

What would you say is the liklihood of kids like these winding up in a place like Elan some time down the road? And do you think that the growing number of folks who are (finally!) beginning to smell something rank on the wind wrt the state of child protective services are valuable allies, in that their credibility is less damaged than most of ours (or not at all) and that their numbers are so much greater? The buzz phrase here might be "State sponsored child abuse" or "State sanctioned ..."

Here's the post:
To: http://www.lewrockwell.com/anderson/anderson77.html

you Momma is a big fat's ________
--Leroy Brown
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Paul St. John

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2003, 04:40:00 AM »
My personal take on this is that this power would be most often used by the jealous and such.

It is the unhappy, who most often have their eye out to condemn others.

Paul St. John

Offline Paul St. John

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2003, 04:43:00 AM »
.. kinda like in the rehabs.

Uh oh.. bit now that has me thinking..

Afterall, I am condemning those bastards.
lol

Paul

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2003, 11:00:00 AM »
Paul, I know that the State of Maine used to place ordinary state wards in Elan for no other reason than that, at least on paper, Elan provided housing, food, medical attention, education and all at a super low, bargain price. I believe there was another state that had been shipping kids from out west, too. There's another case of a kid who's missing from Dundee who, as it turns out, had been taken from his family by the state behind drug charges and adopted by a family who placed him in Dundee. He aparently split, found his way back to the US, found his family and they're all in hiding now.

My point is that, if this is what the States are doing with kids who they find subject to horrors like 5 min in a parking lot or exposure to the smell of a burning joint, maybe some people will see the light and not automatically support state kidnappings.

G:   "If we do happen to step on a mine, Sir, what do we do?"
EB:  "Normal procedure, Lieutenant, is to jump 200 feet in the air and scatter oneself over a wide area."
-- Somewhere in No Man's Land, BA4

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
Re: Another angle to consider
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2008, 11:18:51 AM »
Man! So you think there was there some connection?

Offline java.gurl

• View Profile
    • http://www.everyanimalmatters.org
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2008, 11:34:46 PM »
Paul, I know that the State of Maine used to place ordinary state wards in Elan for no other reason than that, at least on paper, Elan provided housing, food, medical attention, education and all at a super low, bargain price. I believe there was another state that had been shipping kids from out west, too.

Connecticut & Indiana were also guilty of that practice. Instead of trying to find a more appropriate placement for kids not quite at Elan's level of care/treatment (care & treatmnet & Elan do NOT belong together in the same sentence!) they stuck em there & used the " 3 Hots & a Cot" mentality . 
At times I wonder if ANY of the kids in Elan even needed to be there.
Off all the ppl I kept into contact with & did not, I truly do not believe there were any true "success stories" per se, we are all alive & kicking. But at what cost? Out of my group all I know of is addicts, jail birds, dead by od's, anorexic messes, mental cases, thieves, car jackers, murderers, child molestors, Etc.
Then there are a few of us that have kids, jobs & a nice quiet life after going through some shit after Elan first.
As for the ones not here with us anymore more often than not the person was a grad of Elan & therefor destined to make it & live the "good life" as promised to them by the likes of Tania & Marc VS a fuck up in Elan like I.
Well, this non booking, non confrontational loser in Elan is still alive, I did not OD on Heroin or land in jail/prison for life for horrific crimes, committ suicide, Etc.
If u look at a normal HS class u will find druggies & fuck ups but not like u find with a normal Elan class or peer group.
Paint me crazy & sell me to the funny farm but me thinks Elan did not do something right along the line.
Some were better at faking it than others & maybe that was their ultimate downfall.
I am happy to hear from my old classmates & see pics of their kids & that they are happy in life & wish that the others could be here with us too.
All Elan did was warehouse a group of kids for a few years.
The same as prison but we had a few trips & a lake inbetween the "lockdowns".

Offline Mister Pink

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2008, 05:53:31 PM »
fuck yea man... lake trips.

ya know I just realized how  close to I95 elan really was? now i feel like a real ass  :wall:
quot;Its a shame the way she makes me scrub the floor\" - Bob Dylan

Offline java.gurl

• View Profile
    • http://www.everyanimalmatters.org
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2008, 12:45:24 PM »
Quote from: "Eliscu2"
Quote from: "Froderik"
Man! So you think there was there some connection?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuUvRuXz5dM

Very good vid Eliscu, thought provoking & moving. Is there another place you have talked about your battle with "DCF"? In Ct. they are called "DCF" I call them evil  ::evil:: however.
I too had my "battle" with "DCF". I believe they get commission for every family they rip to shreds!
My worker told me to "trust in him completely" & to be honest because "honesty will bring your little girl home no matter how bad it (what I had to say) may be". There was nothing "bad" to say at all actually. Life had NEVER been happier for me. I had a beautiful apartment & Elise was the most loved & luckiest little gal in the world! The sweetest & cutest too :)
Healthy & above normal development. Not exactly the picture of born drug dependant health huh? There had been NO DRUGS in my system when she was in my belly or when she was conceived.
EVERYONE spoke up for me & on my behalf, her doctor, the nurses, my doctor, Etc.
Well, Elise is NOT home & honesty "killed" us in court!
The lady that called "DCF" on me admitted in court that she called to "scare me straight" & that she felt my daughter was
NOT in danger in any way shape or form" & that she was "sorry & never wanted to see me lose Elise".
Scare me straight?!?! I had been clean for a long time & spoke to her, my therapist, in confidence about thoughts-thoughts are not actions -of depression & relapsing. (If more spoke of their "bad" thoughts they may be better off in life!) VERY VERY NORMAL thoughts for any new mother. Depression that is, not relapsing. Unless they once had a issue with drugs and/or alcohol.
Does this mean ANY new mother with a history of addiction and/or depression CAN'T trust her therapist or else she may lose her child and/or have the battle of her life with a similar agency?
To go to the ONE person bound by law to protect your privacy & to have that person betray you is..is..unforgivable. She can go to the proper authorities if my little girl were in danger or I was a danger to myself or others. None of the above applied.
I was in the park across from my apartment (in a 3 family home, a Victorian home built in the 1800's, very pretty) watching Elise nap & reading her a story & I saw the "DCF" man go on my porch & ring my bell & walk up the stairs & knock on my door & listen at the door (as if we were hiding) & leave me his card & leave. I was so naive. I should of NEVER EVER called "DCF" back without getting legal representation first! I should of had legal representation there for every step of the way! That is how they get you.
They get you to trust them & open up to them & in court your  "trust me I will only help you rap session" is public fodder!

Eliscu I know circumstances & states may be different but for all that have had experiences with "DCF" we/I understand what you are feeling. I know how it is & what it felt like to be ripped to shreds by this evil agency!

Had they been this vigilant when other calls came in maybe the little girl that was murdered by her father last year in my city would still be alive. "DCF" had received complaints about him & his abuse yet she was still in the home. Why? Why did they remove a child who was in a perfect home with a more than loving Mother & allow that poor little girl to stay where there were allegations of physical & sexual abuse? They allowed her to stay under those circumstances & yet they took my Elise "just in case" I acted off of my thoughts shared in therapy & relapsed or got depressed!

Where are you at with your issues with this agency? I pray & hope all is working out for you!    :hug:    :hug:    :hug:

I hope my workers rot in Hell!  ::evil::                        DCF DCF DCF DCF DCF DCF DCF  ::unhappy:: [/b][/color]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2010, 01:01:05 AM »
:shamrock:
« Last Edit: January 23, 2010, 02:06:26 AM by Anonymous »