Author Topic: What does the staff say in private.  (Read 1036 times)

Offline Oscar

• View Profile
    • Secret Prisons for Teens
What does the staff say in private.
« on: March 10, 2010, 04:21:55 PM »
From this thread:

in my opinion it is a waste of time to take those type of kids outdoors and try to teach them anything. they know how to manipulate the system ,they do only what is required of them and know exactly what to say to the right people so they can get out of there.

of the 1000 plus kids i met and worked with I cannot recall a single one that had any interests in ANYTHING other then partying and getting back to gang banging.

Id never work in that industry again.

Another poster writes about greed in the business

I ran a program for at risk kids 16-24years of age for 5 years. It was funded thru the Dept of Labor. We had a mix of kids from decent mixed up kids to some really hardcore gang bangers. Over all I would say the program worked really well until the govt decided to keep adding numbers to our program without giving us more staff. In the beginning we had 8-12 kids with 2 staff. At the end we were working with up to 30 kids with the same 2 staff. That did not work at all. Thats when I folded the program.
I still get letters and emails from kids who the program helped. I would do it again if I could run it my way.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline SUCK IT

• View Profile
Re: What does the staff say in private.
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2010, 05:38:28 PM »
Why are you so against adolescents receiving treatment? What exactly is your agenda?
one day at a time

Joel

Edited: Wednesday, October 06, 2010
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2010, 06:24:06 PM »
« Last Edit: October 07, 2010, 07:40:18 AM by Joel »

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2010, 07:05:20 PM »
No, staff are the only ones guilty of abuse/neglect towards children. The right to choose neglect/abuse isn't given to a child even if they "ask" for it. Yes, working with kids can be frustrating, incredibly frustrating. However, that is why we adults are supposed to be responsible enough not to let our emotions/perversions get the better of us. As for the posts put up by Oscar, I've seen worst.

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2010, 07:11:50 PM »
Unfortunately, I have also seen far worse.  And Che is right - working with kids, especially teens, is really tough, but there is never any excuse to abuse them in any way.
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Joel

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2010, 07:55:39 PM »
« Last Edit: October 07, 2010, 07:41:23 AM by Joel »

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2010, 08:10:30 PM »
As usual I have a slightly different perspective (maybe closer to Joel opinion), but over all I think we agree that people should not abuse each other.
People of all ages have a responsibility to treat others with respect.  Everyone gets frustrated at times.  Staff should not hit or be abusive towards the kids and the kids should not be hitting or being abusive towards the staff or each other.  Abuse does not start at age 18 it can occur at any age.
The staff should be held to a higher standard because they are older and should be setting an example to the younger folks.

Joel

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2010, 08:18:44 PM »
« Last Edit: October 07, 2010, 03:08:26 PM by Joel »

Joel

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2010, 08:28:05 PM »
« Last Edit: October 07, 2010, 07:42:53 AM by Joel »

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2010, 08:45:41 PM »
There are kids that have been so successful at manipulation that that is all they know how to do.  If you have staff members that have been properly trained then they will be able to recognize these behaviors early on and be able to redirect their efforts to something more positive and move them towards more socially accepted behaviors.  These kids are the ones that are helped and benefit from the program.  The ones that are able to fake their way through unfortunately end up back where they started.

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2010, 09:02:36 AM »
Quote from: "Whooter"
These kids are the ones that are helped and benefit from the program. The ones that are able to fake their way through unfortunately end up back where they started.

Source?  Link?  Study?  This appears to be only your opinion based on no evidence at all.  

You shouldn't be posting your uneducated opinions as fact unless you have some sort of evidence to bolster your claim.  Weren't you just slamming Anne Bonney for offering opinion as fact?  If it's not OK for her, why is it OK for you?
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control