Author Topic: AA, SEKTO, Psy, Inculcate......  (Read 2764 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
AA, SEKTO, Psy, Inculcate......
« on: March 07, 2010, 02:03:25 PM »
OK....WOW...What a fucking Rush.....eh!!!!
I have to say I still got it within me to be "ASS" or any other adjective you would like to infuse.
To the AA folks pro and con my attention will stay focused on educating and being educated. I
will say this though my posting concerning AA is far from over. So for all you old timers suck it
 up and deal with it....lol. This is a new chapter....I am not antagonizing on purpose anyway.
SEKTO,
Touche` my mom. I deserved that, especially looking back on my posts concerning you. Red
head that is good. I can only hope that you get to talk or meet Lee he has sure been a topic
of conversation around here.
Well like yourself I am also done.
Inculcate, same.......
Psy, same.....
I do this publicly because I made a ass of myself in public.
This whole ban of Daytop, I really am not interested in anyway. Sekto you are the actual member
of Daytop on that forum everyone one else is from somewhere else. If we can not agree, then I
will move on to try and open another Daytop Forum. Will just have to agree to disagree.
I was a member of Daytop regardless of my age at the time. I have also stayed in touch with many
ex-residents over the years.
Sekto I was really the type of resident Daytop and Elan was built for (then they got away from that for money) I was a Heroin addict and a Alcoholic.
I was 12/13 yrs when I arrived at Daytop already taking amphetamines and Barbiturates, smoking pot and drinking
my ass off. Stealing cars, burglarizing and so on. Intake and admissions....lol YO What's UP, Welcome!!! where ya been. That was my intake.....OK. No problem....By the time I hit Elan 3 yrs later I was a full blown addict and drinking
Wild Irish Rose by the gallon a day, this is no Bullshit. My intake at Elan Joe, "You look like shit, you need a shower".
OK that was intake experience, left Elan in 78 in 88 I entered the rooms Of AA a flown blown addict "AGAIN" and drinking rot gut wine (that a grape wasn't a thousand miles from) by the gallon.
So my interests and personality is much different then yours for sure, my Daytop experience I'm sure was much
different then yours. I am coming at this whole forum moderating thing much different then you. If you want a intellectual forum where everyone is congenial and upstanding who speak with eloquent grammer, well I am not your guy and I am not inspiring to become that. Likes mes for the most, just the ways Is am....spelling confused on purpose....lol. My friend and cats like me too.
I like drug addicts and Alcoholics I don't mix my words about that, I do not like alot of therapeutic/scientific large worded conversations coming from folks who really do not have the life experience nor the education to be discussing this stuff, come on we can all read,cut copy and paste. But do we have the experience of what we are talking about, actual hands on "run of the mill" experience. I think sometimes we/me confuse intellect with experience, ya know what mean. Example; I read a book on flying a plane (really did) I then thought I could go up and fly this Cessna, well I tried but as my friend suggested no amount of intellect can overcome experience, so go put in the hours.We have to put in the hours here in the trenches with all types of people and their personalities. Last example; I own a business with about 85 employees (I know hard to believe...lol). Soon to get bigger. But once again experience not a book or a copy and paste job would have done this. I tried coping other businesses early on then said forget I want my own experience. Not many folks really want to do that, if your not like me...fuck it.
Case in point look at this site fornits, there is not another site like it. She is a pioneer......one crazy muck racking...slam down the phone crusader....I know from experience.
Now I am done....really. I gots to git to Oklahoma City by sundown, Ims in Memphis now. Celebrated my birthday
at the Rendezvous Ribs shack then went on to BB Kings and listen to the blues until 3am....Just like the old times.
Shit fighting on my birthday should be a law against that.
Bye...... :shamrock:  :shamrock:
Danny.......
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Re: AA, SEKTO, Psy, Inculcate......
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2010, 03:01:45 PM »
Happy birthday, Danny. Sorry I hung up on you. I just couldn't think of anything else nice to say.

Here's the thing. I know you think everybody's attacking you personally and you're responding. But there's really very little of that going on here and, more importantly, a lot of intelligent conversation and references on the XA philosophy and efficacy. For you to discard out of hand every one's opinion that differs from yours on the grounds that we, collectively, haven't got the life experience to speak to the subject is more than a little arrogant, don't you think?

Look, you probably have a lot of valuable knowledge about Daytop and Elan. You know very well that they're both 12-step based programs. So are a lot of other programs discussed around here. So you shouldn't be too surprised to find people discussing the connections between the steps and the abusive nature of these programs. If you can't tolerate that kind of criticism you're going to have a rough time of it networking with program vets.
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline seamus

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2010, 06:50:56 PM »
Yep its true that anything "steplike" gives me the willies,but if AA/Na is doing somthing good for you,rock on. Imight not be a shining example of survivorhood for sayin' that but ,thats how I see it. Now me personally,Id rather eat dogshit than swallow anymore 7step/12 step dogma,I dont think I could sit thru a meeting ,but again thats just me,Ihave trouble being in too smallof a room with too many people in it ,I find it tends to make me anxious, pressured and somthing bordering on angry/adjitated/irritated.Cant sit thru a movie in a theatre,church? forget it.I cant go to court,too many people makes me want to crawl out of my skin.
   Point bein    if something is producing positive results for you,who am I to fuck with that? I just know it goes nowhere for me.
It\'d be sad if it wernt so funny,It\'d be funny if it wernt so sad

Joel

Edited: Wednesday, October 06, 2010
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2010, 07:33:50 PM »
« Last Edit: October 07, 2010, 07:33:21 AM by Joel »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2010, 01:33:01 AM »
Quote from: "Antigen"
Happy birthday, Danny. Sorry I hung up on you. I just couldn't think of anything else nice to say.

Here's the thing. I know you think everybody's attacking you personally and you're responding. But there's really very little of that going on here and, more importantly, a lot of intelligent conversation and references on the XA philosophy and efficacy. For you to discard out of hand every one's opinion that differs from yours on the grounds that we, collectively, haven't got the life experience to speak to the subject is more than a little arrogant, don't you think?

Look, you probably have a lot of valuable knowledge about Daytop and Elan. You know very well that they're both 12-step based programs. So are a lot of other programs discussed around here. So you shouldn't be too surprised to find people discussing the connections between the steps and the abusive nature of these programs. If you can't tolerate that kind of criticism you're going to have a rough time of it networking with program vets.
:shamrock:  :shamrock:
You know whatever don't please put out there "I had nothing nice to say" like I was being rude to you, I just don't agree with you on some things. Program Vets, Ginger please  you can't handle a conversation with me and you called me with your stuff, you can't handle a conversation with whooter and ummm..if I go back and resurface your posts you can't pretty much handle any conversation that is not in your group think. Dear, there isn't anything here I can't handle you just take care of your biss'niss please also if your program vetties don't like how I handle my biss'niss well.....sigh.  
Elan was a Twelve Step Base program. See Ginger you wonder why folks like myself think you need to be re-educated. Joe Ricci hated AA, I mean hated, you could not even mentioned the name. Nothing about Elan or the Daytop I was in even resembled AA. Ask anyone about that in the time frame I was there. I didn't even know AA existed until 1988.
Oh and last but not least no it is not arrogant of me to say collectively you certain folks have no business talking about AA. Because you have no experience personally, do not use your brothers or sisters or friends or the OJ papers, how about this "your experience". Ya know pretty much how you started this site with everyone, using collectively all your own experience. Imagine if you will if folks came here and none of us had any experience at all, just book smarts on treatment centers. They would find this site just a tad disingenuous don't ya think there "muck raker". Well that's how we (aa)
feels and folks who don't know about AA get a bad overview. I appreciate Anne she has been there and I'm sure others have too, but on the whole that is not what I have been dealing with and being examined by. Which I could deal with also if they were legitimately asking questions and searching for answers. Not because they had a drinking problem either but because they just wanted to know.
Folks like Anne who was abused by AA and then realized that AA was abusive, this conversation would be great also. The debate if handled properly by others and myself would very much be revealing in its info.
Thanks Danny
Danny
« Last Edit: March 08, 2010, 03:38:18 AM by Anonymous »

Joel

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2010, 01:45:40 AM »
« Last Edit: October 07, 2010, 07:35:34 AM by Joel »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2010, 01:58:01 AM »
Quote from: "Joel"
Countdown to the shark feeding frenzy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfCJ1G4r ... re=related

Danny,

You may have bitten off more than you can chew.  I wish you he best.
:shamrock:  :shamrock:
Joel,
I don't bite more then I can chew, I learned how to eat a long time ago. Now as I've
been trying to say there is only one way and that is all the way...lol.
See ya
Danny

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2010, 11:14:57 AM »
Quote from: "Danny Bennison"
OK....WOW...What a fucking Rush.....eh!!!!
I have to say I still got it within me to be "ASS" or any other adjective you would like to infuse.
To the AA folks pro and con my attention will stay focused on educating and being educated. I
will say this though my posting concerning AA is far from over. So for all you old timers suck it
 up and deal with it
....lol. This is a new chapter....I am not antagonizing on purpose anyway.

Uh, yeah.  Right.

SEKTO,
Touche` my mom. I deserved that, especially looking back on my posts concerning you. Red
head that is good. I can only hope that you get to talk or meet Lee he has sure been a topic
of conversation around here.
Well like yourself I am also done.
Inculcate, same.......
Psy, same.....
I do this publicly because I made a ass of myself in public.
This whole ban of Daytop, I really am not interested in anyway. Sekto you are the actual member
of Daytop on that forum everyone one else is from somewhere else. If we can not agree, then I
will move on to try and open another Daytop Forum. Will just have to agree to disagree.
I was a member of Daytop regardless of my age at the time. I have also stayed in touch with many
ex-residents over the years.
Sekto I was really the type of resident Daytop and Elan was built for (then they got away from that for money) I was a Heroin addict and a Alcoholic.
I was 12/13 yrs when I arrived at Daytop already taking amphetamines and Barbiturates, smoking pot and drinking
my ass off. Stealing cars, burglarizing and so on. Intake and admissions....lol YO What's UP, Welcome!!! where ya been. That was my intake.....OK. No problem....By the time I hit Elan 3 yrs later I was a full blown addict and drinking
Wild Irish Rose by the gallon a day, this is no Bullshit. My intake at Elan Joe, "You look like shit, you need a shower".
OK that was intake experience, left Elan in 78 in 88 I entered the rooms Of AA a flown blown addict "AGAIN" and drinking rot gut wine (that a grape wasn't a thousand miles from) by the gallon.
So my interests and personality is much different then yours for sure, my Daytop experience I'm sure was much
different then yours. I am coming at this whole forum moderating thing much different then you. If you want a intellectual forum where everyone is congenial and upstanding who speak with eloquent grammer, well I am not your guy and I am not inspiring to become that. Likes mes for the most, just the ways Is am....spelling confused on purpose....lol. My friend and cats like me too.
I like drug addicts and Alcoholics I don't mix my words about that, I do not like alot of therapeutic/scientific large worded conversations coming from folks who really do not have the life experience nor the education to be discussing this stuff, come on we can all read,cut copy and paste. But do we have the experience of what we are talking about, actual hands on "run of the mill" experience. I think sometimes we/me confuse intellect with experience, ya know what mean. Example; I read a book on flying a plane (really did) I then thought I could go up and fly this Cessna, well I tried but as my friend suggested no amount of intellect can overcome experience, so go put in the hours.We have to put in the hours here in the trenches with all types of people and their personalities. Last example; I own a business with about 85 employees (I know hard to believe...lol). Soon to get bigger. But once again experience not a book or a copy and paste job would have done this. I tried coping other businesses early on then said forget I want my own experience. Not many folks really want to do that, if your not like me...fuck it.
Case in point look at this site fornits, there is not another site like it. She is a pioneer......one crazy muck racking...slam down the phone crusader....I know from experience.
Now I am done....really. I gots to git to Oklahoma City by sundown, Ims in Memphis now. Celebrated my birthday
at the Rendezvous Ribs shack then went on to BB Kings and listen to the blues until 3am....Just like the old times.
Shit fighting on my birthday should be a law against that.
Bye...... :shamrock:  :shamrock:
Danny.......

Oh wow.   Nevermind.  You're just a regular, run of the mill, self aggrandizing asshole.  I get it now.
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2010, 09:35:55 PM »
Jeesh thanks..... :shamrock:
Danny

Offline quest

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2010, 10:51:48 PM »
4.Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves.
Danny Boy watch your step
5.Admitted to God, to ourselves, and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs.
 and Don't trip on that one

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2010, 11:44:34 PM »
This entire situation screams of hilarity. This is the sort of thing I get wrapped up in after a night of soju shots and bar girls. Which brings me to my point, from following these threads who here reaaaaaalllly truly believes Danny is currently sober?

I don't.

Hop back on the wagon dude.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2010, 12:44:34 AM »
Quote from: "Che Gookin"
This entire situation screams of hilarity. This is the sort of thing I get wrapped up in after a night of soju shots and bar girls. Which brings me to my point, from following these threads who here reaaaaaalllly truly believes Danny is currently sober?

I don't.

Hop back on the wagon dude.

Thank You coming from you I could only take this as a opportunity to tell you, "you are funny". I appreciate your attention.
Your so original, yeah who thinks Danny is sober....WOW jeesh you.....
At least I got you talking about AA....My whole point big boy from China....Keep insulting it's working for my threads. Next time you
look moderator look how many quests have checked these 3 threads. 2 mine and 1 Anne's these quests have been AA people.
THank you folks for "my" survey........and yes I will continue not to drink or drug....but hey not your problem!!!!!!
Danny

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2010, 04:37:24 AM »
:twofinger:

Ask yourself if I really even care? When you say that I don't you'll figure out that I've been laughing at you and the others since this entire slap yo' bitch up episode began. Keep on thinking anyone gives a shit and see how well that works for you.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: AA, SEKTO, Psy, Inculcate
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2010, 05:03:43 AM »
8)
« Last Edit: March 13, 2010, 05:59:29 AM by Anonymous »

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2010, 10:38:35 AM »
Quote from: "Danny Bennison"

Thank You coming from you I could only take this as a opportunity to tell you, "you are funny". I appreciate your attention.
Your so original, yeah who thinks Danny is sober....WOW jeesh you.....
At least I got you talking about AA....My whole point big boy from China....Keep insulting it's working for my threads. Next time you
look moderator look how many quests have checked these 3 threads. 2 mine and 1 Anne's these quests have been AA people.
THank you folks for "my" survey........and yes I will continue not to drink or drug....but hey not your problem!!!!!!
Danny

Is English your second language?  Seriously.  You're posts are really difficult to decipher.
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa