Author Topic: SEKTO, PSY and INCULCATE  (Read 8795 times)

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
Re: SEKTO, PSY and INCULCATE
« Reply #60 on: March 10, 2010, 11:07:22 PM »
« Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 08:58:27 PM by DannyB II »
Stand and fight, till there is no more.

Joel

Edited: Wednesday, October 06, 2010
« Reply #61 on: March 10, 2010, 11:12:30 PM »
« Last Edit: October 07, 2010, 07:45:28 AM by Joel »

Offline RTP2003

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 10, 2010, 11:34:42 PM »
you folks think because you read something and it makes sense to you and then you incorporate in your collective value system that makes it Ok to then start acting like it is one of your convictions. I don't see the jump that's all. These views sound phony. You base them on no real study, no real life study. I have real life study so I talk. I have real life study of treatment centers so I talk.

I have been to AA, NA, and detox.  More than three times for each.   I have plenty "real life study" of recovering from an addiction.  I found Stepcraft to not only be ineffective, but also to be detrimental.  Believing one is powerless over an addiction makes it so, for one thing.  Blaming my foolish choices and voluntary decisions on a fictitious disease did nothing but reinforce the notion that I was doomed to lifelong addiction.  Trust me on this one, Danny---I was about as strung out as a person can get without being dead, and was consciously trying to exit the building permanently. I have since broken an addiction that lasted well over a decade, and I was able to do it only after I rejected the cornerstone concepts on which the Stepcult is based, and began accepting my responsibility for, and my control over, my addiction.  

Many of you sound like the staff I listened to and rejected because I knew they were full of shit because they had no idea of what they are talking about.

Danny, I could easily say the exact same thing about your comments.  With your dogma and rhetoric spewing, and your rejection of facts about and critical study of AA/NA/--A, you have been acting much like the staff of one of the places by which many here were victimized.  You have rejected facts in favor of slogans, reason in favor of superstition, and, perhaps most sadly of all, rejected your power of choice in favor of learned helplessness.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
RTP2003 fought in defense of the Old Republic

Offline Free Will

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 10, 2010, 11:53:04 PM »
Quote from: "RTP2003"
you folks think because you read something and it makes sense to you and then you incorporate in your collective value system that makes it Ok to then start acting like it is one of your convictions. I don't see the jump that's all. These views sound phony. You base them on no real study, no real life study. I have real life study so I talk. I have real life study of treatment centers so I talk.

I have been to AA, NA, and detox.  More than three times for each.   I have plenty "real life study" of recovering from an addiction.  I found Stepcraft to not only be ineffective, but also to be detrimental.  Believing one is powerless over an addiction makes it so, for one thing.  Blaming my foolish choices and voluntary decisions on a fictitious disease did nothing but reinforce the notion that I was doomed to lifelong addiction.  Trust me on this one, Danny---I was about as strung out as a person can get without being dead, and was consciously trying to exit the building permanently. I have since broken an addiction that lasted well over a decade, and I was able to do it only after I rejected the cornerstone concepts on which the Stepcult is based, and began accepting my responsibility for, and my control over, my addiction.  

Many of you sound like the staff I listened to and rejected because I knew they were full of shit because they had no idea of what they are talking about.

Danny, I could easily say the exact same thing about your comments.  With your dogma and rhetoric spewing, and your rejection of facts about and critical study of AA/NA/--A, you have been acting much like the staff of one of the places by which many here were victimized.  You have rejected facts in favor of slogans, reason in favor of superstition, and, perhaps most sadly of all, rejected your power of choice in favor of learned helplessness.
:notworthy:
To be ‘cured’ against one’s will and cured of states which we may not regard as disease is to be put on a level with those who have not yet reached the age of reason or those who never will; to be classed with infants, imbeciles, and domestic animals. But to be punished, however severely, because we have deserved it, because we ‘ought to have known better’, is to be treated as a human person made in God’s image.
[size=85]C.S. Lewis - The Humanitarian Theory of Punishment[/size]

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 11, 2010, 12:46:44 AM »
« Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 08:59:43 PM by DannyB II »

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 11, 2010, 01:25:06 AM »
« Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 09:00:11 PM by DannyB II »

Offline justonemore

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 11, 2010, 01:30:37 AM »
Yeah, so I get it, danny B. you really really like A.A. You believe in it, you endorse it , you really really wish every one else would ,too.
I don't.
This reads like a teen gossip column, and it would be morbidly 'cute' were the legal and social ramifications not so great. Actually, this is not so damned funny, given that legal and social policy is written and enacted on just such evil nonsense. People have spent lifetimes 'inside the fence' just to satisfy the vague unreasoning moral yearnings of the 'true believers' in our midst.  Oddly, the same folk who loudly preach the A.A. nostrums are the same folk who abhor any discrimination at all, for the sake of any thing at all. Oh, but that might require independent thought. The Salem 'witch trials were awful, yet little or no probable cause is required in 'dope' cases.( probable harm or clear and present danger being pertinent criteria) and you are just fine with that. Do you not see how such naivete feeds the Narcos, and their incredibly violent machine. In their cause, you would qualify as 'dhimmi' or useful idiot. Here's two facts for the prohibitionists to consider.
A) one of the earliest known cultivated plants is marijuana. In excess of six thousand years, pre-dating agriculture as we know it.
B) One of the earliest known agricultural products is beer. some think potttery developed in order to make and store beer, and there is some evidence for that.
Although I no longer smoke rope, and haven't for many years, i still enjoy beer.( I'll confess here that i don't drink as much as I ought)
I'll hoist one to you and the other prohibitionists, while you ponder if the government has the right to tax  ANY agricultural product. J.O.M

Joel

« Reply #67 on: March 11, 2010, 04:30:27 AM »
« Last Edit: October 07, 2010, 07:48:04 AM by Joel »

Joel

« Reply #68 on: March 11, 2010, 04:37:45 AM »
« Last Edit: October 07, 2010, 07:47:36 AM by Joel »

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 11, 2010, 09:52:41 AM »
Quote from: "Eliscu2"
Quote from: "Ursus"
Quote from: "DannyB II"
Everytime I've wanted to run away (or as Felice said move on) 7 people say get back here and finish what you started. Fuck this is hard shit man.
Danny
Sooooo... is your coming on fornits and trying to proselytize about the 12-Step way ... some kind of AA gang initiation rite?

So...The cult has ordered you back to finish what you started? :waaaa:

:rofl:  :rofl:

:soapbox:
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
Re: banning victims
« Reply #70 on: March 11, 2010, 10:35:14 AM »

:shamrock:  :shamrock:
This pretty much sums up what I have been saying all along. Stepcraft term from treatment programs that in your minds means AA as a whole. Yes "rpt2003" if you were to talk with folks coming out of treatment centers they would have your opinion, if I had AA crammed down my throat (your term) as a discipline to live by and if I didn't want to do it how you (Treatment Center) wanted me to you would punished me. YES I WOULD HATE AA   ....but that is not AA that is their (Treatment Center) interpretation of AA. That is why the very folks your talking about once they see AA on the outside they understand the difference.

I didn't have it crammed down my throat at first.  And at first I was still brainwashed from Straight, so I thought AA was a great place/program to help people.  Then I continued to go and get this queasy feeling inside.  The more I went, the creepier it got.  You make an awful lot of assumptions about why people don't like AA.  It's like you're trying to come up with some reason, ANY reason why someone would dare criticize it because you just can't tolerate it.  

I have had many folks compliment me on this since I started it.

Well bully for you.  I've had many thank me profusely for speaking the truth about AA and releasing them from the mindcontrol.

So many of us on these sites are in AA more then are not I would bet on. Most other sites it is openly talked about without being attcked.

Uh huh....and if someone were to post something critical of AA I wonder how they'd be received.

I really did not know the amount of misunderstanding and or biased opinion that was on this site. Have your own opinion but stay with the facts about AA.

Back at ya.  

My problem is it is being misrepresented here and has been forever.

No, I think you're representing yourself pretty accurately.

What if someone here on this site needed to see if AA could work for them not because this site deals with AA directly but because it spiked their interest in a post well shit they would not get any help here.

So what?  This isn't a counseling site.  It's a discussion group.
If you go back and read posts here AA is talked about alot and very often negative.

And it's one of the very few sites that is willing to talk openly about both sides.

So I just happen to be one person that is willing to talk positive and try to correct misinformation not minds. Just in case someone needs it.

And that's precisely what I'm doing too.  Correcting misinformation.

I am not asking you to get my point really but to compare AA to Elan is just pure bunk or any other treatment center.
Danny
 :shamrock:

Your opinion.  Mine and quite a few others' differs.  Why can you not accept that?

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 11, 2010, 10:40:22 AM »
You base them on no real study, no real life study. I have real life study so I talk. I have real life study of treatment centers so I talk.

And we don't??  Again, you make an awful lot of assumptions about us.

Catch my drift. I don't usually talk a lot about and spout off beliefs about something I don't have experience in.

Neither do I.

Dude I'm sorry, just because no one else has stood up like this before concerning AA

Are you fucking kidding me???  That's all you HEAR about is how great AA is.  Very few sites that deal with treatment or AA will tolerate anything other than positivity regarding their precious program.

Everytime I've wanted to run away (or as Felice said move on) 7 people say get back here and finish what you started.

Again, bully for you.  

Fuck this is hard shit man.
Danny

Critical thought often is.

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 11, 2010, 10:59:38 AM »
Quote from: "RTP2003"
Trust me on this one, Danny---I was about as strung out as a person can get without being dead, and was consciously trying to exit the building permanently.

I can vouch for that and thank FSM you didn't!!

I have since broken an addiction that lasted well over a decade, and I was able to do it only after I rejected the cornerstone concepts on which the Stepcult is based, and began accepting my responsibility for, and my control over, my addiction.  

BINGO!!  That's exactly what happened to me.

With your dogma and rhetoric spewing, and your rejection of facts about and critical study of AA/NA/--A, you have been acting much like the staff of one of the places by which many here were victimized.  You have rejected facts in favor of slogans, reason in favor of superstition, and, perhaps most sadly of all, rejected your power of choice in favor of learned helplessness.

Yup. Couldn't agree more.

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 11, 2010, 11:12:09 AM »
« Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 09:01:09 PM by DannyB II »

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 23, 2011, 03:02:14 PM »
Anne I don't know if you have realized but I am not talking with you but you seem to want to piggy back on everyone else comments/posts. You repost mine then comments on portions of what I said like your this informed pundit.
Not going to reply, so keep it up girl. It looks and read extremely foolish and immature. You need more RED, it's working.
Danny

You just did reply dearie and, hate to inform you, but this is the entire purpose of a discussion board.  I could give a shit if you reply to me or not.  I'll continue to respond to any nonsense that you post when I feel it appropriate.